Sign in to follow this  
Fumbleweed

**Round Four-Six Commentary**

Just now, Fumbleweed said:

I wasn't planning to take a 4th WR in the sixth round, but passing up Julio Jones at that point seemed silly. I know he's older and on a new team, but man that seems like a bargain to me. 

Jones is a good value, and was on my list for my next pick. But older, injury prone, and a new team, I can see him falling in some drafts where the entire league is wary of him.

2 minutes ago, Vikings4ever said:

Where the kicker comparison falls off, though, is that QBs will make their own success. Kickers are entirely dependent on how good the offense is at getting into range, but also not TOO good in that they score TDs and give the kickers PAT attempt rather than FG attempts.

agreed. Although my comparison of them is more about the depth of the position and the difference between the #1 and #12 at each position. Not necessarily how they score their points. 

But your point remains valid. When you take a QB you are taking someone who needs to create his own fantasy opportunity. 

I honestly didn't anticipate this many QBs going after I picked, I expected maybe 3 tops, so that helps calm my nerves a little.  I wasn't planning on taking a QB this early, just saw that there was not a huge difference between the choices I had at RB/WR and what would potentially be there at my next pick.

Hockenson at 6.06

Rationale : Firstly, my targets got sniped in the picks leading up to mine.  Secondly, he was at the top of my list for this round after those snipes.  Lastly,  to my eyes he is primed for a breakout as the departure of targets in Detroit coupled with his evident growth at the position means more targets and likely more production.  

Value pick, I think he outperforms the other players on the table this round.

3 minutes ago, RLLD said:

Hockenson at 6.06

Rationale : Firstly, my targets got sniped in the picks leading up to mine.  Secondly, he was at the top of my list for this round after those snipes.  Lastly,  to my eyes he is primed for a breakout as the departure of targets in Detroit coupled with his evident growth at the position means more targets and likely more production.  

I would have picked him at 6.05 if Julio had not still been there. 

31 minutes ago, RLLD said:

Hockenson at 6.06

I was looking to grab TJ.

Welp, we'll see who's right.

Etienne's a concern, but you can't ignore what Robinson did last year. In the 6th round, he's worth the gamble, IMHO. 

I am tickled Davis slid.  He will easily out touch the last two backs selected as he basically has this gig to himself. Robinson should maintain the majority of the snaps in Jax. 

1 minute ago, Vikings4ever said:

Welp, we'll see who's right.

Etienne's a concern, but you can't ignore what Robinson did last year. In the 6th round, he's worth the gamble, IMHO. 

Not sure I understand the first line.  I know that he's a bit of a gamble, but he adds a little spice to a rather staid RB combo ahead of him.

I wanted Herbert, but I did not anticipate the run on QBs to start in the 5th round in a draft that traditionally holds off as a general grouping. So . . . outplayed, I guess.  But we'll adjust.  The options elsewhere didn't demand "NOW" attention, so I went with the upside potential of the kid.

Just now, Dan said:

Not sure I understand the first line.  I know that he's a bit of a gamble, but he adds a little spice to a rather staid RB combo ahead of him.

You and me taking the Jacksonville RBs back to back.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, remote controller said:

I am tickled Davis slid.  He will easily out touch the last two backs selected as he basically has this gig to himself. Robinson should maintain the majority of the snaps in Jax. 

I love this pick!! He would have been my next selection as my RB3, now a big drop off of RBs. Davis will get the touches, has a Coach who likes to run the ball and has the talent. Great pick.

14 minutes ago, remote controller said:

I was going to pick him at 6.7 but had a last moment change of heart and decided to go WR. I think he's a fairly uninspiring player who is more valuable in PPR formats but I don't see him losing his job until later in the year or due to injury. 

also, the 4 picks after mine were all on my short list, including Odell. 

Davis was next on my list after Robinson.

I was hoping/fearing Odell lasting to my next pick. Nice value, but god damn, has he disappointed in Cleveland.

EDIT: Wow, found an autofiltered word. God damn 2 words works, but 1 word gets deleted.

3 minutes ago, WhiteWonder said:

I was going to pick him at 6.7 but had a last moment change of heart and decided to go WR. I think he's a fairly uninspiring player who is more valuable in PPR formats but I don't see him losing his job until later in the year or due to injury. 

also, the 4 picks after mine were all on my short list, including Odell. 

He is great at the goal line too.  He is a 3 down back.

8 minutes ago, Vikings4ever said:

Davis was next on my list after Robinson.

I was hoping/fearing Odell lasting to my next pick. Nice value, but god damn, has he disappointed in Cleveland.

EDIT: Wow, found an autofiltered word. God damn 2 words works, but 1 word gets deleted.

If that man can get his head right, that pick will end up being the best one in this draft.....

6 minutes ago, WhiteWonder said:

This.  Davis is a volume pick.  Nothing wrong with that, but nothing exciting about that, either.  Atlanta has a lot to prove, and so does Davis.  He was okay last year, and we'll see about Atlanta's line.  I don't know that Davis is creating for himself.  

He could be solid.  But I'm not regretting going young and upside because of him . . . 

43 minutes ago, remote controller said:

I was debating taking him in the 5th round, but was hoping he would slide.  I would have picked him if you didn't.

Gross. That’s the first thing that popped in my head when looking at my options on the turn here.  I really didn’t like any of the RBs or WRs left so I decided to gamble on a rookie and get my QB. I like my Tannehill to Brown connection. 

I will pick shortly. Have to get my vehicle stopped, and then recheck my notes oh, because I got sniped for the third time in 7 rounds.

• Like 1