Fumbleweed

**Round Seven-Ten Commentary**

I'm in on Burrow, and like the chemistry that he has/had with Chase.  They have plenty of weapons including a good back to keep the Lb's honest. Rookie wideouts are NFL ready now.

Yeah, it's not pretty in this range.  Cam had 12 rushing TDs last year, 7 of those were from the 2 yard line or closer.  I'm banking on regression (or Mac Jones) and some of those going to Harris, who looked capable of being "the" guy.

Gambling on JAX a bit. Had Chark a bit higher than one other WR on the board, and went back and forth between them due to already having Robinson. Let's see what Chark can do with the rookie.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, remote controller said:

3 very undervalued players will land with 3 lucky owners soon.

:nono:  🤫

I thought Sutton might go in this round.  I am going on record with this guy, I think this is not going to be his year, I just cannot see this guy stepping up and recovering to a point where he makes an impact.  I freely admit I could be wrong here, but I am not buying this guy in 2021.  JMHO

A rookie tight end? Oh Lordy. Admittedly I probably don’t make this pick without the Julio trade even though I do think Pitts has the ability to buck to trend. 

I like that Pitts pick.  You may very well be richly rewarded by that one, I would have targeted him here if I wasn't able to land Hockenson earlier.  That Pitts kid is a friggin matchup nightmare.... he could be a top 3 TE this year.....bold and brash....I like it....

30 minutes ago, remote controller said:

Mosterit one of them?

28 minutes ago, remote controller said:

I assume Mostert was one based on his adp. 

There are a few gems sitting out there, we are in that range where leagues are won, and our gut instincts kick in and we manage to grab a player who performs like a second or third round pick.

• Like 1

I simply wanted another QB who’s last name started with an “H”.

• Haha 1

13 QBs gone in the first 85 picks. What mock is this again? 

• Like 1

Really now......I felt I had a true "steady" QB in Herbert and was willing to take a chance (Hurts) on a QB who every once in a while will put up monster numbers in 2021. He is the starter and he will run for some TDs. I thought he would be a great compliment to Herbert.

Thought about Stafford too here.....that would have worked also. Nice pick up Shovel!

1 hour ago, remote controller said:

I have Stafford as the #7 QB this season, and like the Higbee selection too.

If I had known that 7.09 to 8.01 was going to be another run on QBs, I would have grabbed one at 7.08. I was certain one of the three I liked would still be there at 8.05. Nope. 

I needed to mitigate the risk of the Rodgers pick and Brady was the last guy that I trusted.

ICEMAN

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Fumbleweed said:

If I had known that 7.09 to 8.01 was going to be another run on QBs, I would have grabbed one at 7.08. I was certain one of the three I liked would still be there at 8.05. Nope. 

Seriously, 3 backup QBs taken in 4 slots, didn't see that coming.

3 minutes ago, ICEMAN said:

I needed to mitigate the risk of the Rodgers pick and Brady was the last guy that I trusted.

ICEMAN

Dan and I will be starting QBs from the USFL this season... :lol:

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, robb said:

Really now......I felt I had a true "steady" QB in Herbert and was willing to take a chance (Hurts) on a QB who every once in a while will put up monster numbers in 2021. He is the starter and he will run for some TDs. I thought he would be a great compliment to Herbert.

Thought about Stafford too here.....that would have worked also. Nice pick up Shovel!

Thank you. I totally realize I'm reaching with some of these picks, but I absolutely hate this draft position. I don't love my team, but feel it's filling out about as well as could be hoped for. 

Burrow/Stafford

Dobbins/Jacobs/Swift

Higgins/Smith-Schuster

Kelce

BTW....well done everyone on the progress today. Half way through after 3 days. That's why I don't get worked up on day 1...it's always the same pattern. Slow start followed by 3 or 4 days of killing it. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, shovelheadt said:

BTW....well done everyone on the progress today. Half way through after 3 days. That's why I don't get worked up on day 1...it's always the same pattern. Slow start followed by 3 or 4 days of killing it. 

I'm probably going to have to send picks to someone at some point starting tomorrow.  I'll be fishing the next three days.  I'll try not to hold up anything.

Just now, Hawkeye21 said:

I'm probably going to have to send picks to someone at some point starting tomorrow.  I'll be fishing the next three days.  I'll try not to hold up anything.

Where you fishing at? I have a tourney in Nashville next weekend. 

Just now, shovelheadt said:

Where you fishing at? I have a tourney in Nashville next weekend. 

SW Iowa.  It's a kayak bass tourney with a state club.  Trying to get some more AOY points.  Wish I was down in TX right now fishing though.

SW Iowa.  It's a kayak bass tourney with a state club.  Trying to get some more AOY points.  Wish I was down in TX right now fishing though.

I hear ya! A bit of a step up from kayaks and my BFL's.

I hear ya! A bit of a step up from kayaks and my BFL's.

Big time.  I fish some small boat tourneys as well.  We have a bi-weekly tourney on a local lake here.

You ever fish any events up by Iowa like on the upper Mississippi River?

Big time.  I fish some small boat tourneys as well.  We have a bi-weekly tourney on a local lake here.

You ever fish any events up by Iowa like on the upper Mississippi River?

Farther North...La Crosse, WI multiple times.

Farther North...La Crosse, WI multiple times.

Awesome.  One of my favorite places to fish.  I'm only two hours from there.  I've got a couple tourneys scheduled there this year.

10 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

I’ll take your “odd round” selections since I pick before you do in those rounds.

1 minute ago, robb said:

I’ll take your “odd round” selections since I pick before you do in those rounds.

I'll see if I can come up with something.  I'll still have my phone so I'll try to check in on here when I think of it.

Hey guys, I know it's after 5:00 CST anyway, but I have a meeting in a few minutes so it might be a little while.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, worm said:

Hey guys, I know it's after 5:00 CST anyway, but I have a meeting in a few minutes so it might be a little while.

Thanks for the heads up. 👍

We’ve made some good progress 

After the extreme hype to start the 2020 season, Brown started off extremely slow.  He did end the season strong, and should build upon that and his playoff success.  The addition of Watkins and Bateman should open things up a little for him.  He should be a strong Wr#4 for my squad. Projecting 800 yards and 8 Td's.