Sign in to follow this  
IGotWorms

Today’s most useless study

This brings new meaning to putting lobsters in the “pot.” 

US researchers redefined “lobster pot” after testing whether dosing lobsters with marijuana smoke could ease their pain as they’re being cooked. 

To test whether “exposing lobster to cannabis smoke” reduced their trauma, the scientists placed several store-bought Maine lobsters in a sealed box filled with tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) — the psychoactive ingredient in marijuana — for 30 to 60 minutes at a time. The weed vapor was delivered in 10-second spurts every five minutes. 

They found that the critters’ movements noticeably slowed down, while samples taken later from their gills, claws, heart, brain and liver revealed that the lobsters did indeed absorb the THC. 

After removing and rinsing the lobsters, the scientists lowered them into the 118.4-degree water to see how they reacted. 

But the blazed crustaceans still didn’t take too kindly to being cooked, as they still “made distinct motor responses” upon contact with the boiling water, per the study.

Study done by the University of California Psychology division, my guess is it was a PHD/masters thesis.

9 minutes ago, MTSkiBum said:

Study done by the University of California Psychology division, my guess is it was a PHD/masters thesis.

I’m mostly being facetious, could see how it might be helpful to PTSD treatment etc

So pot smoke doesn't counteract the effects of being submerged into boiling water.  Good to know. 

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, TimmySmith said:

So pot smoke doesn't counteract the effects of being submerged into boiling water.  Good to know. 

Okay so it doesn’t help being boiled alive but what about burned at the stake or torn limb from limb?

I smell an opportunity for follow up studies!

1 minute ago, IGotWorms said:

Okay so it doesn’t help being boiled alive but what about burned at the stake or torn limb from limb?

The grant possibilities are endless.  Plus the free dope. 

5 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

how do we know if it effects crabs and turtles the same?

26 minutes ago, TimmySmith said:

Sounds like cannabis products need to update their warning labels.  "Impacts ability to drive, operate heavy machinery, and does not make you immune to the pain of being boiled alive."

You'd better get out your label maker @RaiderHaters Revenge

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

Can't wait to read the abstract for "The Effects Of Canniboids On Gang Rape Victims".  Should be an enlightening study. :thumbsup:

Follow up study:

Does eating stoned lobsters get you high?   

I'd volunteer for that one!