Sign in to follow this  
Utilit99

In a dynasty, what would you seek for QB Watson?

I know this isn't a Daniel Jones thread, but I was curious.  I went and watched a couple of videos about his turnovers, and OMG... he's freaking Jameis Winston.  LOL.  I can't believe how terrible he is.  Yes, there definitely some that were not his fault (WR doesn't catch it, ball pops up and picked off... RB doesn't take the ball on a hand off, etc), but the massive majority are all his fault.  Holds the ball too long.  Doesn't read the coverage.  Terrible accuracy.  Terrible pocket presence.  Doesn't throw the ball away.  Seriously, if someone photoshopped that and made those Buccaneers games with Winston, I would be like... yup, just another day in Tampa, and so would everyone else.

Now, that said... it was just a video on the turnovers.  The rest of his game, I don't know... he seems ok to me.  Something I've read though was that ball security is not his strong suit.  His INT% in college is about the same as it is now and he fumbled the ball quite a bit at Duke too.  I mean, he played in the ACC where I don't think anyone has ever touted that conference for a it's great defense.

I read that the Giants' offensive line ranked 31st last year, and I know that Barkley did miss virtually the whole season, so I can understand where some lenience is warranted.  The one thing that I can say with full certainty is that when it comes to Daniel Jones' future, no one should be certain one way or the other.  I'll be interested to see what he does this year.

Going to be a very interesting season for D Jones, if he can’t make it work this season, Gmen might have a problem at Qb. 

A lot of his production will be based on the health and production of Barkely. 

Ive seen some summer talk of course , but seen some reports that they might ease Barkely to start of the season. 

10 hours ago, TBayXXXVII said:

The one thing that I can say with full certainty is that when it comes to Daniel Jones' future, no one should be certain one way or the other.

While the future may not be a guarantee, the one thing we can say with full certainty is that an Axe Elf endorsement is the closest you can get to one.

22 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

While the future may not be a guarantee, the one thing we can say with full certainty is that an Axe Elf endorsement is the closest you can get to one.

Or the end of a promising career 

38 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

And daniel jones has only fumbled 9 times in his career. :lol:

8 minutes ago, Utilit99 said:

And daniel jones has only fumbled 9 times while rushing in his career. :lol:

Fixed that for you.

On 6/14/2021 at 8:23 PM, AxeElf said:

Fixed that for you.

Nobody said rushing. Just fumbles. Not that hard. He had 29. Not 9. For you to ignore that, is just plain bias.

You even called the 29 a typo. :lol:

Well what a great hypothetical trade:

Talented QB with depleted supporting cast and lawsuits with 22 women vs

fumbling qb with no supporting cast and worst o line in nfl but now has talent around him and still only 23?

I don’t think this scenario has a happy ending for somebody … Yes AE that pun was for you. 

Maybe you could get Tua...  he only threw 5 INTs in the Dolphins' first day of minicamp today.

3 hours ago, AxeElf said:

Maybe you could get Tua...  he only threw 5 INTs in the Dolphins' first day of minicamp today.

But he was aggressive!

On 6/14/2021 at 9:59 PM, DrG said:

Well what a great hypothetical trade:

Talented QB with depleted supporting cast and lawsuits with 22 women vs

fumbling qb with no supporting cast and worst o line in nfl but now has talent around him and still only 23?

I don’t think this scenario has a happy ending for somebody … Yes AE that pun was for you. 

Yeah. Watson comes out on top. :thumbsup: