Sign in to follow this  
JustinCharge

Fox News, Lindsey Graham and Trump seem to disagree re: Russia

Interesting development.  I've noticed whenever I flick on Fox News for a few minutes, FOX news attacks Russia.  And yet Trump throws praise at Russia.  At the very least, when Trump runs in 2024, this will become an interesting issue.  From what I can tell, rank and file republicans seem split on if Russia is friend or foe. 

https://www.foxnews.com/transcript/hannity-on-bidens-priorities-ahead-of-meeting-with-putin

HANNITY: Okay. In just a few days, that guy will sit down with the hostile actor from the hostile regime of Russia, of Vladimir Putin -- you know, the country that just hacked our energy and our beef industries. And I fear that Vladimir will eat Joe's lunch embarrass us all.

https://www.newsmax.com/politics/cyber-attacks-ransomware-security/2021/06/06/id/1024093/?oRef=vuukle

Russia needs to work to help curb cyberattacks on U.S. companies, and it is "time for the Russians to pay a price" for their "their looking the other way," according to Sen. Lindsey Graham, R-S.C.,  on Sunday.

https://www.yahoo.com/huffpost/trump-putin-biden-summit-twitter-235443402.html

If anyone had any doubt where Donald Trump’s loyalties lie, rest assured that they still lie with Russian President Vladimir Putin.

As President, I had a great and very productive meeting in Helsinki, Finland, with President Putin of Russia. Despite the belated Fake News portrayal of the meeting, the United States won much, including the respect of President Putin and Russia. Because of the phony Russia, Russia, Russia Hoax, made-up and paid for by the Democrats and Crooked Hillary Clinton, the United States was put at a disadvantage—a disadvantage that was nevertheless overcome by me," Trump said. "As to who do I trust, they asked, Russia or our "Intelligence" from the Obama era, meaning people like Comey, McCabe, the two lovers, Brennan, Clapper, and numerous other sleezebags, or Russia, the answer, after all that has been found out and written, should be obvious. Our government has rarely had such lowlifes as these working for it. Good luck to Biden in dealing with President Putin—don't fall asleep during the meeting, and please give him my warmest regards!"

Trump's comments came as Biden, who is currently overseas during his first foreign trip since being inaugurated earlier this year, is slated to meet with Putin on June 16 in Geneva, Switzerland.

And McConnell s tongue is approximately  4 in away from Trump's . Swear to god, Trump has something on that f*****.

If world geopolitics were a game of chess or poker, and maybe in some ways it is, most everyone recognizes that Putin is a great player. So you respect the ability but still recognize that he's a bad guy. He's a dictator who censors the press, quashes dissent, and orders political opponents dead. Nobody's lost track of that.

16 minutes ago, Voltaire said:

If world geopolitics were a game of chess or poker, and maybe in some ways it is, most everyone recognizes that Putin is a great player. So you respect the ability but still recognize that he's a bad guy. He's a dictator who censors the press, quashes dissent, and orders political opponents dead. Nobody's lost track of that.

Trump certainly seems to have lost track of that, years ago.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

Trump certainly seems to have lost track of that, years ago.

Trump was the head-of-state, you meet other heads-of-state in that capacity. What presumably soft on Russia foreign policy errors would you say that Trump committed because he was on seemingly friendly terms with Putin? 

39 minutes ago, Voltaire said:

Trump was the head-of-state, you meet other heads-of-state in that capacity. What presumably soft on Russia foreign policy errors would you say that Trump committed because he was on seemingly friendly terms with Putin? 

Oh come on. He's practically been felating the man for 5 years. 

38 minutes ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

Oh come on. He's practically been felating the man for 5 years. 

You're so full of sh*t.

Well, we've had four years of allegations of Trump being a Russian asset, which proved to be false, but it always seemed to me to be patently false, as he'd looked to be a pretty piss poor asset. He took a significantly more confrontational line than President Obama/Hillary, who did nothing when Crimea was invaded, had. Trump armed Ukraine and sent patrols in the Black Sea. Trump put sacntions on Russia, closed consulates, and expelled diplomats and convinced the EU to stop relying on Russia for oil imports.

Really, all the muh-Russia bullsh*t accusations, false allegations engineered by the Hillary camapign, it seems to me made Trump more anti-Russia than he might have been otherwise.

But go ahead and tell us all again how he was a Putin puppet and why he was soft on Russia. Trump, had better insights into Putin than anyone else whose hd to deal with him.... just like Trump did in the Middle East. He was unconventional but he didn't take sh*t from anyone, Putin included.

2 minutes ago, Voltaire said:

You're so full of sh*t.

Well, we've had four years of allegations of Trump being a Russian asset, which proved to be false, but it always seemed to me to be patently false, as he'd looked to be a pretty piss poor asset. He took a significantly more confrontational line than President Obama/Hillary, who did nothing when Crimea was invaded, had. Trump armed Ukraine and sent patrols in the Black Sea. Trump put sacntions on Russia, closed consulates, and expelled diplomats and convinced the EU to stop relying on Russia for oil imports.

Really, all the muh-Russia bullsh*t accusations, false allegations engineered by the Hillary camapign, it seems to me made Trump more anti-Russia than he might have been otherwise.

But go ahead and tell us all again how he was a Putin puppet and why he was soft on Russia.

I'm not saying he was a putin puppet.

He just praises putin a lot is all I'm saying. Never took a tough line on things like Crimea, cyber crime, etc.

Compare his rhetoric about Russia vs. China.

That's all I'm saying. 

3 minutes ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

I'm not saying he was a putin puppet.

He just praises putin a lot is all I'm saying. Never took a tough line on things like Crimea, cyber crime, etc.

Compare his rhetoric about Russia vs. China.

That's all I'm saying. 

He approached Xi the same as he did Putin. Trump's beef over China was with how former US presidents and policy hacks approached China, not the Chinese government who just took advantage of their counterparts. They'd been getting a free pass on transferring maunfacturing and climate change and Trump just pointed that stuff out. He had a good personal relationship with Xi along the same lines as with Putin in Russia, even though he was putting sanctions on both. 

Things changed with COVID, especially when the Chinese accused the US of deploying COVID in China. Aparently Trump knew of the Wuhan lab leak way earlier than everyone. Before that, things were much more cordial. With both Russia and China, Trump took a hardline on behalf of American interest but it sure seemd that there was mutual respect between the leaders.

So, Trump stops a pipeline that Putin wanted, and Biden let’s him have it, and there is still a debate over who’s Putin’s bich? 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

So, Trump stops a pipeline that Putin wanted, and Biden let’s him have it, and there is still a debate over who’s Putin’s bich? 

Funny, isn't it.

Trump throats Putin’s hog because Putin has massive dirt on him. That’s been apparent since 2016.

Otherwise there’s no question that Russia is a foe and basically always has been other than a short stint after the fall of the USSR when they just didn’t have their sh1t together. That was the whole reason we had NATO which, not coincidentally, Trump pretty much destroyed.

2 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

Trump throats Putin’s hog because Putin has massive dirt on him. That’s been apparent since 2016.

Otherwise there’s no question that Russia is a foe and basically always has been other than a short stint after the fall of the USSR when they just didn’t have their sh1t together. That was the whole reason we had NATO which, not coincidentally, Trump pretty much destroyed.

So, the tariffs and the pipeline, that was just for show? And giving the Ukraine weapons that Obama/ Biden had denied them, that was throating him? You have no reasonable answers, do you? Good little lamb, eating everything up they throw at you but facts. 

3 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

So, the tariffs and the pipeline, that was just for show? And giving the Ukraine weapons that Obama/ Biden had denied them, that was throating him? You have no reasonable answers, do you? Good little lamb, eating everything up they throw at you but facts. 

I don’t engage when you guys pretend like everything that happened right before our eyes didn’t. It’s not my job to replay 2016-2020 for you :dunno:

5 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

I don’t engage when you guys pretend like everything that happened right before our eyes didn’t. It’s not my job to replay 2016-2020 for you :dunno:

Lol. Everything I said there happened. I left out the sanctions and the expulsion of diplomats. You’re the one pretending things didn’t happen. 

4 hours ago, Voltaire said:

Like everything with Trump, this is transactional.  The dictators Trump wants to defeat are the democrats.  Turning Russia into an ally on that front is a transaction to achieve victory.  It doesn't mean we agree with everything Russia does.  Its exactly like how FDR allied with Stalin in WW2.  Winning WW2 with Stalin's help didn't mean we turned into the Soviet Union. 

50 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Lol. Everything I said there happened. I left out the sanctions and the expulsion of diplomats. You’re the one pretending things didn’t happen. 

Trump took a harderline with every country on behalf of the ordinary people in the country.  They're just fed corporate media talking points and stick their head in the sand when presented with actual facts. 

And the 2020 media lies are falling like crazy lately at a dizzying rate. I count three just in the last two weeks. 1) we've seen Trump's Lab leak claim essentially verified, or at worst resurreected. 2) The Lafayette Park clearing out story the corporate media/Dems ran with turns out to be false. And 3) hydroxychlorowhatever turns out to be an effective Covid treatment after all.

That piled on top of all the other lies, or stories not covered/ignored, like Hunter Biden's laptop or skyrocketing crime or inflation. Plus making excuses focking riots or blaming cops and enflaming race wars. Or everything else....

6 hours ago, Voltaire said:

We do the same thing here. I'm starting to think maybe Russia isn't and shouldn't be our enemy.

13 minutes ago, Cdub100 said:

We do the same thing here. I'm starting to think maybe Russia isn't and shouldn't be our enemy.

Thats one of the strange things.   Every nation has spies all over the place, starts conflicts and invades nations.  Its just a problem when russia does it.  So there is something else going on.  

34 minutes ago, Voltaire said:

Trump took a harderline with every country on behalf of the ordinary people in the country.  They're just fed corporate media talking points and stick their head in the sand when presented with actual facts. 

And the 2020 media lies are falling like crazy lately at a dizzying rate. I count three just in the last two weeks. 1) we've seen Trump's Lab leak claim essentially verified, or at worst resurreected. 2) The Lafayette Park clearing out story the corporate media/Dems ran with turns out to be false. And 3) hydroxychlorowhatever turns out to be an effective Covid treatment after all.

That piled on top of all the other lies, or stories not covered/ignored, like Hunter Biden's laptop or skyrocketing crime or inflation. Plus making excuses focking riots or blaming cops and enflaming race wars. Or everything else....

The Russian bounty lie is proof of how low these scumbags sank.  

8 minutes ago, Cdub100 said:

Russia has some similariteswith China. My kids aren't being taught critical race theory, or queer theory, or feminism or to feel shame or guilt about their skin color. The Chinese keep all the LGBTQ sh*t out of schools and off of TV and social media. They value education. The  boys are masculine and the girls are feminine. So, I do apprecaite that but it's not all candy and (non-degenerate flag) rainbows.

I grit my teeth that my kids are being lied to about the CCP's role in Chinese history or what they;re up to in Xingjiang, Tibet, or Hong Kong. Instead they are getting the full focking dose of indoctination and they're overworked in school. I focking hate that. Also there's been a change in Chinese attitudes towards the rest of the world. In the leadup and around the 20008 Olympics, the theme message was "Beijing welcomes you" and the government policy towards international relations was friendly and hospitable. There's another Olympics in 2022 and vibe in Xi Jinping's China lately is more "Yeah, we're a$$holes, Focking deal with it." Quite a bit different.

My daughters are thriving in the Chinese school system and will stay, but my son is getting ground into dust. I'm going to pull him out and homeschool him when the semester ends in a couple of weeks. This is the cause of some friction between my wife and I, who is at best neutral on the idea. I need the little focker to excel and make his mother happy and sisters jealous because if things go well, ideally, I'd like to get all three of them homeschooling next year.