Sign in to follow this  
nzoner

Pyro may not have to work July 4th

I'm starting the season off good but my supplier who ships nationwide is already sold out i.e. NO REORDERS this season and we usually have at least two per year.YouTube is full of TV news reports of the shortages.so if you're in a state that sells and you usually buy late I would suggest starting early this season.

BTW,almost seven weeks since the heart attack and feeling better by the day.Still having some serious back pain now and then but I am back in physical therapy and that seems to be helping.

HAPPY INDEPENDENCE DAY ALL !!!

• Like 2

Just now, nzoner said:

BTW, almost seven weeks since the heart attack and feeling better by the day.  Still having some serious back pain now and then but I am back in physical therapy and that seems to be helping.

:pointstosky:

@NorthernVike How's it looking up your way for your show,I watched one report on YouTube out of Minnesota but don't remember which part.

15 minutes ago, nzoner said:

@NorthernVike How's it looking up your way for your show,I watched one report on YouTube out of Minnesota but don't remember which part.

My buddy that runs the fireworks store pulled our show already and put it aside as they are getting screwed on new product.  He says they will run out before the 4th.  

Glad to hear you're feeling better.  :thumbsup:

• Like 1

I'm afraid to ask because I doubt I'll like the answer... maybe but I doubt it.... new holidays are all woke.

What's Dawally?

For the first time in years, I don't have to work on the 4th. We usually have school until mid July, but there are fresh covid outbreaks here and they're wrapping it up early this year thank God. (They tested the entire populations of Guangzhou and shenzhen last week. That's almost 30 million people.)

So I want to score some fireworks. They're illegal as fock in the city, but who cares? Wanted to have a party. 

Sadly, the only two Americans I know here pretty much hate America.

13 minutes ago, Voltaire said:

I'm afraid to ask because I doubt I'll like the answer... maybe but I doubt it.... new holidays are all woke.

What's Dawally?

• Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, Vikings4ever said:

Thanks. Yes, and as promised a few seconds in, a very Adam Sandler-y introduction at that..

@nzoner

You might want to raise your prices 25-50% so that you slow down the purchasing, that way you will have fireworks after the other stands run out. This will also allow you to make closer to your normal amount of profit off of the limited supply.

25 minutes ago, MTSkiBum said:

@nzoner

You might want to raise your prices 25-50% so that you slow down the purchasing, that way you will have fireworks after the other stands run out. This will also allow you to make closer to your normal amount of profit off of the limited supply.

Agreed.  Supply and demand.  Time to raise prices.  

1 minute ago, vuduchile said:

Agreed.  Supply and demand.  Time to raise prices.  

I'd wait until the 3rd to open too. Don't sell early. Be the last guy who still has stock. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

I'd wait until the 3rd to open too. Don't sell early. Be the last guy who still has stock. 

Love it.  

19 hours ago, Voltaire said:

What's Dawally?

Had to look it up myself,we're not open year round so I had no idea either.Five day religious festival in India in November was what I read.

18 hours ago, MTSkiBum said:

@nzoner

I raised some prices according to what I paid but not going to go over that,fireworks already have a decent margin so if I sell out or even come close to it the season will be a success.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

I'm okay with selling out by the 1st or 2nd.In fact I've already told my staff if we're blessed to do so they'll still get paid accordingly and I'm taking everyone to our lake lot for the 4th.

I know where to get a few dozen pipe bombs if yer interested. 

j/k big brother :unsure:

• Haha 1

A few questions, what you don't sell can you store them for next year?  What is your state's requirement for insurance, how expensive is your policy?  How difficult is it to get set up with a wholesale distributor that ships?  Any idea what the minimum order would be?

On 6/11/2021 at 11:48 AM, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

For the first time in years, I don't have to work on the 4th. We usually have school until mid July, but there are fresh covid outbreaks here and they're wrapping it up early this year thank God. (They tested the entire populations of Guangzhou and shenzhen last week. That's almost 30 million people.)

So I want to score some fireworks. They're illegal as fock in the city, but who cares? Wanted to have a party. 

Sadly, the only two Americans I know here pretty much hate America.

Worms and MDC over there now?

On 6/14/2021 at 10:26 PM, fandandy said:

A few questions, what you don't sell can you store them for next year?  What is your state's requirement for insurance, how expensive is your policy?  How difficult is it to get set up with a wholesale distributor that ships?  Any idea what the minimum order would be?

1.Yes

2.I can't really answer that in full as I live above my firework warehouse so all my insurance except one is combined.The one that isn't is provided by my supplier @$300 for three weeks and it covers anyone getting hurt on my premises and/or by one of their products.

3.Very easy with my supplier of course depending on where you're at the shipping could be quite costly.

4.My supplier offers discounts at stages of total purchase.I'm on the top one because I order at least $20,000 per season.I know they do orders as little as $2,000

6 minutes ago, nzoner said:

1.Yes

2.I can't really answer that in full as I live above my firework warehouse so all my insurance except one is combined.The one that isn't is provided by my supplier @$300 for three weeks and it covers anyone getting hurt on my premises and/or by one of their products.

3.Very easy with my supplier of course depending on where you're at the shipping could be quite costly.

4.My supplier offers discounts at stages of total purchase.I'm on the top one because I order at least $20,000 per season.I know they do orders as little as $2,000

Thanks.  I'm in Midland, Michigan.  A few years ago the state allowed sales of "consumer-grade fireworks" but the insurance requirement is as follows:

Sec. 5 (3) During periods when consumer fireworks are sold, each retail location selling consumer fireworks either shall be added as an additional insured or public liability and product liability insurance coverage shall be obtained and maintained, in an amount not less than $10,000,000.00 per occurrence. A person that knows, or should know, that he or she is required to comply with this subsection and who fails or neglects to do so is liable for a civil fine of not more than $5,000.00.

I have never looked too deeply into it but I'm sure I could sell some and assume the profit margin is substantial.  I'm just not sure what this type of policy would cost and after the license fees etc if it would be worth doing it for me here.

If I do ever decide to do this hopefully I can pick your brain.

• Like 1

On 6/16/2021 at 11:47 PM, fandandy said:

Thanks.  I'm in Midland, Michigan.  A few years ago the state allowed sales of "consumer-grade fireworks" but the insurance requirement is as follows:

Sec. 5 (3) During periods when consumer fireworks are sold, each retail location selling consumer fireworks either shall be added as an additional insured or public liability and product liability insurance coverage shall be obtained and maintained, in an amount not less than $10,000,000.00 per occurrence. A person that knows, or should know, that he or she is required to comply with this subsection and who fails or neglects to do so is liable for a civil fine of not more than $5,000.00.

I have never looked too deeply into it but I'm sure I could sell some and assume the profit margin is substantial.  I'm just not sure what this type of policy would cost and after the license fees etc if it would be worth doing it for me here.

If I do ever decide to do this hopefully I can pick your brain.

I remember driving south on I-69 into Indiana in the late 90s, the first thing you see after the "Welcome to Indiana" sign is a gigantic/massive sign advertising FIREWORKS.

In putting that store there, the implication  to me was that Michigan sold the "Caution: sticking ten of these up your ass and lighting them may cause irritation" low-grade fireworks. Meanwhile, by driving a few yards into Indiana, you could buy the "Caution: people have been known to blow their hands off" high-grade fireworks.

It looks like you're saying that policy has changed.

1 hour ago, Voltaire said:

I remember driving south on I-69 into Indiana in the late 90s, the first thing you see after the "Welcome to Indiana" sign is a gigantic/massive sign advertising FIREWORKS.

In putting that store there, the implication  to me was that Michigan sold the "Caution: sticking ten of these up your ass and lighting them may cause irritation" low-grade fireworks. Meanwhile, by driving a few yards into Indiana, you could buy the "Caution: people have been known to blow their hands off" high-grade fireworks.

It looks like you're saying that policy has changed.

I haven't looked too deeply into it but as far as I know, you can now buy the type of fireworks that leave the ground like mortars.