Sign in to follow this  
Fumbleweed

**Round Eleven-Sixteen Commentary**

Irv Smith should have been mine. Dang you Remote. :wall:

Figured I’d get myself a backup TE here and I think Engram is a pretty good option. He has the talent to be a top 5 TE. 

I like TE's named Rob and I can't deny...

Seriously though, not having a top-tier TE I felt I should grab a backup before it got way too late.  We saw Tonyan's  TD upside last year, just hope Rodgers will come back.

We are making more progress tonight than Ray made all day. 

• Like 1

Wanted either Dillon or Drake here. None of the RBs left thrill me, so let's go with a potential gamechanger if Wentz returns to form.

Well, I also wanted Drake. So good job remote. I'll take the flyer on a bye week guy, or a guy who'll explode if injuries happen.

7 hours ago, Vikings4ever said:

Wanted either Dillon or Drake here. None of the RBs left thrill me, so let's go with a potential gamechanger if Wentz returns to form.

Hilton was the receiver I also considered last round when I took Williams and I’m actually surprised he isn’t going a bit earlier now that he has a QB who can push the ball down the field. Seems like a great option, especially in standard scoring. 

Which of Waddle, Fuller or Parker will Tua favor this year? My guess is the rookie Waddle as he should play the slot and get more targets. And, with his size, more targets should get him more TDs. And, not sure Fuller can stay healthy for a full season. This late, he’s worth the dart throw as my WR4.

@shovelheadt carter was picked a while ago if I’m not mistaken. Yes he was. 30th RB off the board. Please pick again. 

1 minute ago, WhiteWonder said:

@shovelheadt carter was picked a while ago if I’m not mistaken. Yes he was. 30th RB off the board. Please pick again. 

I suck...one min

Fixed. Had Carter listed as being taken, but missed it when I saw his ADP was round 12.

I'm confused, but I'll keep it to myself for now . . .

1 hour ago, Dan said:

I'm confused, but I'll keep it to myself for now . . .

By my pick?

Good morning everyone! Hope you had a great weekend.

• Like 1

@RLLD morning sunshine

It’s been 13 hours since the last pick and 2 1/2 hours since the 8 am start time. Time to skip Ray or give him ADP pick.

As a question, why aren’t the rules set such that after 2 hours, we move on to the next picker? Then the person slipped can pick whenever they get around to it. That would be the “penalty”. We do that in my regular leagues.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, robb said:

It’s been 13 hours since the last pick and 2 1/2 hours since the 8 am start time. Time to skip Ray or give him ADP pick.

As a question, why aren’t the rules set such that after 2 hours, we move on to the next picker? Then the person slipped can pick whenever they get around to it. That would be the “penalty”. We do that in my regular leagues.

Because this isn't a league.  The No-Hassle is a side, and something Fumble does for fun for us.

The draft itself is supposed to be informative and instructive for those that look at it after the fact, hopefully gaining some help when they themselves are stuck.

Skipping picks punitively defeats that purpose.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Dan said:

Because this isn't a league.  The No-Hassle is a side, and something Fumble does for fun for us.

The draft itself is supposed to be informative and instructive for those that look at it after the fact, hopefully gaining some help when they themselves are stuck.

Skipping picks punitively defeats that purpose.

exactly. Even though Fumble runs the 'no hassle' league based off of this and its a prize we all want to win, this is still a mock draft for the purposes of FFToday readership. Skipping picks and having them made at a later time when the owner shows up would impact the mock aspect... which is the most important aspect. 

• Like 2

felt I needed to snag Cousins here as there are 3 teams picking between now and my next selection who still need a backup QB. Cousins is never sexy but very undervalued in fantasy and has Jefferson, Thielen, Cook and Irv Smith at his disposal. I contemplated waiting a little longer and making a homer selection for my backup but thought the value was too good. 

Also, the Vikings play Dallas during Lamar's bye week. 

2 minutes ago, WhiteWonder said:

felt I needed to snag Cousins here as there are 3 teams picking between now and my next selection who still need a backup QB. Cousins is never sexy but very undervalued in fantasy and has Jefferson, Thielen, Cook and Irv Smith at his disposal. I contemplated waiting a little longer and making a homer selection for my backup but thought the value was too good. 

Especially with the suddenly unpredictable nature of where and how QBs are going to be taken in this draft.  Better safe . . . 

Derek Carr and the Raiders had the #8 passing offense last season.  Derek threw for 30 TD's and 9 int's last season.  This passing offense beat both Cousins and Stafford last year averaging 274 yards per game.  The defense didn't get better so he is gonna gave to throw again.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, WhiteWonder said:

exactly. Even though Fumble runs the 'no hassle' league based off of this and its a prize we all want to win, this is still a mock draft for the purposes of FFToday readership. Skipping picks and having them made at a later time when the owner shows up would impact the mock aspect... which is the most important aspect. 

Okay. Now I know the reasoning. Thanks folks!

Not much left for back up QBs but I went with Daniel Jones.  He needs to prove that he's a franchise QB and I like the combo of him with Engram.  My next pick was Ruggs from LV.  He has a great opportunity to be the main WR but it will depend on how the team uses him.  He has potential.

Mattison: Cook's hardly been the picture of health. Mattison is big enough to carry the load in case of injury, and can also spell Cook week to week.

Jared Cook: The old man's chugging along. Not a lot of upside, but moves to a team with a good passing attack in need of a TE. Not bad for a late TE2.

6 minutes ago, Vikings4ever said:

Mattison: Cook's hardly been the picture of health. Mattison is big enough to carry the load in case of injury, and can also spell Cook week to week.

Jared Cook: The old man's chugging along. Not a lot of upside, but moves to a team with a good passing attack in need of a TE. Not bad for a late TE2.

Agreed. Both were on my list as a possibility.

6 minutes ago, Vikings4ever said:

Love the Jerod Cook selection.  That was my plan for my TE #2 but I messed up, forgot, and grabbed Irv a few rounds back.  Almost grabbed him as TE3 and probably should have.

ugh  that was my first snipe really... Wanted Cook as my TE2

Ertz - At this point I’m just going to roll the dice that he ends up in a decent spot and is more talented than what remains. 

1 hour ago, WhiteWonder said:

Ertz - At this point I’m just going to roll the dice that he ends up in a decent spot and is more talented than what remains. 

I was about to pick him at 13.08

@RLLD  lets go

Ray ran into unexpected travel this week and has asked me to make his remaining picks for him. I will attempt to look at past drafts and pick a player or two (or defense) that he has liked in the past. This should allow us to make more progress today. 

• Like 1

I had Hunter Henry on my list for a while before taking Cook as my TE2. Very talented, but the Patriots bringing in him and Jonnu Smith really hurt his fantasy prospects.

2 minutes ago, Vikings4ever said:

I had Hunter Henry on my list for a while before taking Cook as my TE2. Very talented, but the Patriots bringing in him and Jonnu Smith really hurt his fantasy prospects.

Agree. Worth a flier here for me, though. Should Smith get hurt or miss time, Henry could be a borderline TE1.