Sign in to follow this  
edjr

Djokovic >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Nadal

Greatest semifinal match ever. Unfockingbelieveable.  If you don't watch tennis, you really missed out.

4 sets - 4 hours 11 minutes

WOW

Too bad it wasn't the finals

1 hour ago, edjr said:

Greatest semifinal match ever. Unfockingbelieveable.  If you don't watch tennis, you really missed out.

4 sets - 4 hours 11 minutes

WOW

Too bad it wasn't the finals

Nadal looked done. If he couldn’t do it on clay, he can’t do it in any other grand slam from now on. The steroids are no longer enough at age 35.

17 minutes ago, dogcows said:

Nadal looked done. If he couldn’t do it on clay, he can’t do it in any other grand slam from now on. The steroids are no longer enough at age 35.

He was busted for steroids?

Caught part of the 3rd set, those dudes are freakish talented - but questions:

Why was Nadal ranked 3rd, why did he have to face Joker in the semis? 

How many butt picks did Nadal have? I took the over at 100. 

That match was fantastic.  It’s seemed to last 10 hours but I would have watched it for another 10.

I’ve been watching the other big names in the tournament and there are some shots that I saw yesterday where I’m convinced nobody else can make them.

My only question is whether Novak has a letdown for the final now that he performed the near impossible here.

18 hours ago, Cruzer said:

Caught part of the 3rd set, those dudes are freakish talented - but questions:

Why was Nadal ranked 3rd, why did he have to face Joker in the semis? 

How many butt picks did Nadal have? I took the over at 100. 

I call him "ass picky" and that's how my lady knows him. 

He picks his ass every single serve (1st and 2nd). I just checked the stats and he had 415 serves. 

15 hours ago, Big Blue 06 said:

That match was fantastic.  It’s seemed to last 10 hours but I would have watched it for another 10.

I’ve been watching the other big names in the tournament and there are some shots that I saw yesterday where I’m convinced nobody else can make them.

My only question is whether Novak has a letdown for the final now that he performed the near impossible here.

I was thinking the same, but I don't know, he's a machine.  All time record, #1 ranked played for 352 weeks :o

8 hours ago, edjr said:

I was thinking the same, but I don't know, he's a machine.  All time record, #1 ranked played for 352 weeks :o

Yeah he looked gassed in the first two sets.  But man did he turn it on.

Tsitsipias, up 2 sets to zip......greatest sports choke since Norman and '96 Masters? :unsure:

15 hours ago, Cruzer said:

Tsitsipias, up 2 sets to zip......greatest sports choke since Norman and '96 Masters? :unsure:

Nah. Did he really choke? I mean sh1t, he nearly took him to a tie break in the 5th. 

My most favorite match ever was Stefon Edberg vs Michael Chang 1989. One of the majors that year. 

5 hours ago, edjr said:

Nah. Did he really choke? I mean sh1t, he nearly took him to a tie break in the 5th. 

Well, def one way to look at it. 

Here's another:

If tennis wants to eat at the big boy table, be given the same respect that other sports get - they have to be judged with the same scrutiny that they are... If a MLB or NBA team goes up 3-0 in the Finals, then loses 4 straight, even if they go to OT in game 7, they're getting roasted....... labeled Choke Artists for life. 

How are the ATL Falcons viewed? Up 28-9 in the SB, headed to 4th qrt. - they blew it. Does it really matter that they lost in OT - that lessen the choke stigma? 

I really don't know, not much of a tennis follower - just joshing you really....... But it is a good debate - I'm sure that dude feels like he gagged it away if nothing else. 

14 hours ago, Cruzer said:

Well, def one way to look at it. 

Here's another:

If tennis wants to eat at the big boy table, be given the same respect that other sports get - they have to be judged with the same scrutiny that they are... If a MLB or NBA team goes up 3-0 in the Finals, then loses 4 straight, even if they go to OT in game 7, they're getting roasted....... labeled Choke Artists for life. 

How are the ATL Falcons viewed? Up 28-9 in the SB, headed to 4th qrt. - they blew it. Does it really matter that they lost in OT - that lessen the choke stigma? 

I really don't know, not much of a tennis follower - just joshing you really....... But it is a good debate - I'm sure that dude feels like he gagged it away if nothing else. 

It is a good debate. The thing in your favor, for your argument. Tennis is the only 1 v 1 sport in the world. No teammates to blame.

2 hours ago, Mike Honcho said:

Need to change the title of this thread.  

To "Noone gives a sh*t about Tennis anymore!!!!"

52 minutes ago, Strike said:

To "Noone gives a sh*t about Tennis anymore!!!!"

And you clicked on the thread, why?

• Haha 1

He’s not the goat but for some reason I always root for Nadal more than Roger or the joker. The joker just seems like he’s a complete a hole.

22 minutes ago, Uncle Leo said:

He’s not the goat but for some reason I always root for Nadal more than Roger or the joker. The joker just seems like he’s a complete a hole.

Is he really? I never heard an interview with him.

3 hours ago, Uncle Leo said:

Far from it.