Sign in to follow this  
Mike Honcho

Good Morning

My first gladiolus bloomed yesterday. Best flowers in the garden, huge, bloom in a bunch of colors, look like fireworks going when they all bloom.  And the Bucks won and because it was a Nascar All-star race, I didn't fall behind any farther in the geek standings.  :pointstosky:

On this day in 1989 Zsa Zsa Gabor arrested for slapping Beverly Hills motorcycle patrolman---personally, if I'm a cop I'm not letting it be known I got slapped by a 70+ year old.

Geeks, have a great week!

1 hour ago, Mike Honcho said:

My first gladiolus bloomed yesterday. Best flowers in the garden, huge, bloom in a bunch of colors, look like fireworks going when they all bloom.  And the Bucks won and because it was a Nascar All-star race, I didn't fall behind any farther in the geek standings.  :pointstosky:

On this day in 1989 Zsa Zsa Gabor arrested for slapping Beverly Hills motorcycle patrolman---personally, if I'm a cop I'm not letting it be known I got slapped by a 70+ year old.

Geeks, have a great week!

Went back home this weekend. All the flowers at my house were blooming. Landscaping at our house is literally the best in the neighborhood cause the older couple before us worked extremely hard in it. The husband was retired and spent every day in the yard doing all the landscaping. Literally have flowers and stuff at the front, both sides, and the backyard. All of that was blooming when I came home and it wasn’t two weeks ago. Absolutely loved it. Wife has been out there replacing the mulch and pulling weeds so she’s got it looking great 

Good morning Geeks.  Suns swept the Nuggets so all is right with the world.  Spent the weekend relaxing and recovering from Friday’s treatments.  We had been working hard to get our house ready to sell and our open house was Saturday, so our job was done anyway.  Apparently we did OK as we got an offer $10K above asking, looks rock solid too, pre-approved and no contingencies.  That being said I’m not thrilled with our agents (a team of two) as they’ve goofed up the timing of things and I felt like we could have gotten a lot more traffic, and maybe more offers which could create a little bidding war.  It’s hard to complain when you get what you ask, but I can do it anyway.  :D 

This week is going to be the hottest in Phoenix in years — 116 to 118 most of the week.  Those of us who live here think of July and August as the worst; heck maybe September since we are sick of it by then, but June actually has the hottest temps on record.  June is dryer as well.  Stupid global climate whatever.  :thumbsdown: 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

Good morning Geeks.  Suns swept the Nuggets so all is right with the world.  Spent the weekend relaxing and recovering from Friday’s treatments.  We had been working hard to get our house ready to sell and our open house was Saturday, so our job was done anyway.  Apparently we did OK as we got an offer $10K above asking, looks rock solid too, pre-approved and no contingencies.  That being said I’m not thrilled with our agents (a team of two) as they’ve goofed up the timing of things and I felt like we could have gotten a lot more traffic, and maybe more offers which could create a little bidding war.  It’s hard to complain when you get what you ask, but I can do it anyway.  :D 

This week is going to be the hottest in Phoenix in years — 116 to 118 most of the week.  Those of us who live here think of July and August as the worst; heck maybe September since we are sick of it by then, but June actually has the hottest temps on record.  June is dryer as well.  Stupid global climate whatever.  :thumbsdown: 

I must've missed posts from you regarding moving.  I'm assuming you're staying in AZ?  Downsizing since your kids are grown? 

Oh, and I’m pretty much bald now.  Managed to make it thru Friday’s treatments with most of it intact, but Saturday it started falling out in droves.  I’m down to using one of those lint tape roller thingies to get some stragglers a few times per day.  I look even more like an emoji now.  :) 

Pubes are mostly gone as well, if you want that visual.  Hasn’t been that way since I got my vasectomy.  It feels good during sexy time, I recommend it, although not my particular method of achieving it.  :cheers: 

1 minute ago, DonS said:

I must've missed posts from you regarding moving.  I'm assuming you're staying in AZ?  Downsizing since your kids are grown? 

Yeah, I’m sure I biotched about all of the prep work at some time here, but anyway we are downsizing.  The market has been crazy high, with a bunch of Californians and investors driving prices up, so we decided to sell and downsize.  I’m on a path to retiring or... worse, either way not bringing in any appreciable income other than some sort of disability or retirement payments, so we want a place that the wife can afford on her salary.

We are staying at a friend’s rental condo in Scottsdale, near a major intersection with a ton of restaurants, which is kinda cool.  Tiny place though, especially the kitchen, since my wife loves to cook.  It is helpful in showing us what we want in our next place.  Buying will be more of a challenge in this market tho.

• Like 1

Here's a video of a squirrel displaying some awesome parkour skills when about to get flattened by an Indy car:

• Haha 1

Good morning everyone, I don't have a backyard, everyone in China lives in apartment buildings, but I do have a garden, sort of. With three kids and a mother-in-law, we have a bigger family than most everyone so we have an apartment on the top floor. Call it the penthouse. I have the only apartment with a door that opens up onto the fire escape that connects our buiding to the one next to it. From where I'm sitting now, I'm six seconds and two doors (bedroom and outside) from the fire escape that connects our stairwell to the stairwell in the next building over.. So my MIL just sort of expanded out into it. We treat it totally like a private balcony but I didn't pay for it. It's public space but my MiL just took the initiative to claimed it and nobody said anything. So she has some vegetables growing out there.

Also, since June started, we've been getting a lot of rain. More than half the days. May had been hot, but June's been nice. For how mild winters are, we don't pay for it with terribly hot summers.

2 hours ago, jerryskids said:

Pubes are mostly gone as well, if you want that visual.  Hasn’t been that way since I got my vasectomy.  It feels good during sexy time, I recommend it, although not my particular method of achieving it.

I shaved once when I was married after talking to my then brother in law who seemed shocked that I didn't already trim down there.  I think I used too short a clipper guide and ended up looking like a toddler.

I never did that again.

34 minutes ago, fandandy said:

I shaved once when I was married after talking to my then brother in law who seemed shocked that I didn't already trim down there.  I think I used too short a clipper guide and ended up looking like a toddler. 

I never did that again.

Ah, I see you went with the Pizza Supreme cut!  👌

6 hours ago, Mike Honcho said:

My first gladiolus bloomed yesterday. Best flowers in the garden, huge, bloom in a bunch of colors, look like fireworks going when they all bloom.

I love these flowers.  Years ago we planted some at the house and they did really well.  I think I might plant them again.  Maybe next year.

• Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, fandandy said:

I never did that again.

I generally trim (#2 guard = 1/4") but don't shave; wife has made similar "toddler look" comments about the fully shorn look.  But I must say, this is even better than shaving because there is no stubble.  :cheers:

At the age of fourteen, a Zoroastrian named Vilma ritualistically shaved my testicles. There really is nothing like a shorn scrotum, it's breathtaking, I suggest you try it.

On 6/14/2021 at 7:52 AM, jerryskids said:

We accepted the offer so it is under contract.  We've got a few small repairs to do before the inspection but otherwise moving down the path of becoming homeless.  Closing is scheduled for 8/3.  :cheers: 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

We accepted the offer so it is under contract.  We've got a few small repairs to do before the inspection but otherwise moving down the path of becoming homeless.  Closing is scheduled for 8/3.  :cheers: 

Are your kids already out of the house ? Do not remember how many kids you have. 

1 minute ago, Mike Isles said:

Are your kids already out of the house ? Do not remember how many kids you have. 

Yep.  I've got 3, the oldest is self-sufficient and middle kid graduates this fall (and has a job lined up) so those two are as set as can be.  The youngest is a sophomore in college and in an apartment year round.  I guess circumstances could dictate us needing to house her, but with her personality I doubt it, and besides I'm sure we could spare one bedroom for her in whatever we move into next, albeit smaller.  :cheers: 

It will be sad to leave our house of 20 years; it is for all practical purposes the only home our kids have known.  :( 

I hear you Jerry. When we downsize we already discussed always having an extra room if either of the boys need a place to crash for whatever reason. I still have quite a few years from that moment but I’m sure I’ll feel as sad of leaving here as you do.