8.10- TE Logan Thomas, Was. 
9.03- WR Marquise Brown, Bal. 
10.10- TE Irv Smith, Jr., Min.
11.03- RB Kenyan Drake, LV
12.10- QB Derek Carr, LV
13.03- WR Rondale Moore, Ari. 
14.10- RB Justin Jackson, LAC

Qb's - Wilson (9), Carr (8)

Rb's - Henry (13), Ekeler (7), Davis (6), Drake (8), Jackson (7)

Wr's - Jefferson (7), Woods (11), Chase (10), M. Brown (8), R. Moore (12)

Te's - Thomas (9), Smith (7)

- How do you feel about your draft position?  I liked the 3 hole.  I think it is a good slot for this draft.

- What is your teams strength? Positional balance.  This is going to be an easy squad to manage. 

- What is your team biggest weakness? WR #3   Both rookies have game, but will one step up?  Can Marquise take the next step?

- Who did you miss out on? Hopkins and Gibson in back to back rounds early

- Who fell to you or was your favorite pick?  I was really happy to get Henry with the 3rd pick in this format, and landing Davis in the 6th really solidified the position.

- What was your toughest pick and why?  I struggled at 9.03.   I was really wanting to snag Sermon there but went with the underwhelming Marquise Brown pick.  Sermon was the pick I should have made.

• Like 1

1.04- RB Alvin Kamara, NO
2.09- WR DeAndre Hopkins, Ari. 
3.04- QB Patrick Mahomes, KC 
4.09- WR Tyler Lockett, Sea. 
5.04- RB Kareem Hunt, Cle. 
6.09- RB James Robinson, Jax. 
7.04- WR D.J. Chark, Jax. 
8.09- WR Brandin Cooks, Hou.
9.04- TE Mike Gesicki, Mia.
10.09- WR DeVante Parker, Mia. 
11.04- WR T.Y. Hilton, Ind. 
12.09- RB Alexander Mattison, Min. 
13.04- TE Jared Cook, LAC
14.09- QB DeShaun Watson, Hou. 
15.04- D/ST, Buffalo Bills 
16.09-K

Draft position: Not great. The 4th spot is when RBs start getting a little murky, though I will say the 2/3 turn looks pretty good from that spot.

Team's strength: The potential of my top 3. I'll put them up against anyone else's. I'm also very happy with my backup WRs and TE.

Biggest weakness: RB2 is a concern. If Cleveland re-implodes and Urban Meyer likes his shiny new toy at RB rather than the guy he inherited, it's trouble. QB2 was also a HUGE gamble at a position I usually take early.

Who did I miss out on? Was hoping for Gibson or Ekeler to fall to my 3rd pick. Lamb in the 4th was also a target, and I gambled on either Dillon or Drake falling to my 11th.

Favorite pick: Loved the value of Mahomes in the third, while hating taking a QB early.

• Like 1

1.02 - RB Dalvin Cook, MIN
2.11 - WR Michael Thomas, NO
3.02 - RB Antonio Gibson, WAS
4.11 - WR Chris Godwin, TB
5.02 - QB Kyler Murray, ARI
6.11 - WR Odell Beckham Jr., CLE
7.02 - RB Damien Harris, NE
8.11 - WR Deebo Samuel, SF
9.02 - TE Rob Gronkowski, TB
10.11 - RB Latavius Murray, NO
11.02 - TE Robert Tonyan, GB
12.11 - QB Ben Roethlisberger, PIT
13.02 - WR Nelson Agholor, NE
14.11 - RB Rashaad Penny, SEA
15.02 - D/ST Tampa Bay
16.11 -
K Matt Gay

Draft position:  Tough choice at #2 between Cook and Henry, really a coin flip, but not a bad problem to have.  

Team's strength:  If Gibson is healthy and can perform like last year, my starting RB's are my strongest position.

Biggest weakness?  WR could be trouble if Thomas doesn't perform and if Beckham still can't find his groove in Cleveland.

Who did I miss out on?  I was choosing between Kyler Murray and Mike Davis in Round 5, but ultimately went QB hoping he might fall to my next pick.  I was so close.

Who fell to you or was your favorite pick?  I was happy to get Godwin in Round 4, I feel like he was the last one in a tier before it dropped off to a pretty deep group.  I wouldn't say I have a "favorite" pick, but I was pretty pleased with most of them, except for one...

What was your toughest pick and why?  Picking Michael Thomas was my "jumping in to the bear pit" moment, and I immediately regretted my decision seeing AJ Brown go next.  I just have to hope Jameis can get the ball to him.  If Taysom gets the nod I could be in trouble.

• Like 1

1.05- RB Nick Chubb, Cle. (13)
2.08- TE Darren Waller, LV (8)
3.05- WR Keenan Allen, LAC (7)
4.08- RB Melvin Gordon, Den. (11)
5.05- WR Chase Claypool, Pit. (7)
6.08- RB Travis Etienne, Jax. (7)
7.05- WR Courtland Sutton, Den. (11)
8.08- WR Michael Pittman, Ind. (14)
9.05- QB Carson Wentz, Ind.  (14)
10.08- QB Baker Mayfield, Cle. (13)
11.05- RB Darrell Henderson, LAR (11)
12.08- TE Blake Jarwin, Dal. (7)
13.05- K Harrison Butker, KC
14.08- WR Russell Gage, Atl. (6)
15.05- D/ST, Miami Dolphins
16.08 - WR Dyami Brown, Was (9)

Draft Position: 5.  Meh.  In PPR, 5th is excellent, bringing in the top WRs.  But Standard, it's just outside the "easy" RBs.  I like Kamara more than Vikes, so that's a frustration.  It's a workable position, not done justice by its drafter.  But it's limitations are early.

Team Strengths: Plug-n-play RB/TE should be a solid floor.  Decent upside in the depth.

Biggest Weakness:  Too much guessing week-to-week at WR and QB.  Poor Bye management, with a couple of weeks (7 & 11) leaving the team thin.  Waiver wire becomes critical.  Depth at WR is unproven - 3 WRs with less than 2 years experience.  I don't bang on RB depth in this league.  Having RB depth typically means that an owner has shorted himself.  This group is too good to expect to walk way with dynamite RBs and no consequence.

Who did I miss out on? Well, look at Vikes team in the odd rounds, Wonder's team in the evens . . . Seriously, though, Herbert was probably the one that stung the most, as it changed strategy.  I did not anticipate the drastic shift in general QB philosophy this year.  Losing Najee Harris hurt, but that's just a credit to the group we draft with here.  Nothing was changing that in this format.

Favorite pick - Tough one, as I generally hated my draft.  I have "fond selections" - Claypool, Pittman, Jarwin.  My favorite is probably Russell Gage.  He may get panned in the evaluations, but I snagged a 72/786/4 WR in the 14th round.  I love it on pure cheek.

NOTES: Not as prepared as I would have liked to have been, life intervening as it has, and I was not crazy about my early draft.  Looking at the whole of it, it's not bad, but I'm hoping on the Allen/Claypool combination for something fun.  I like the second half of the draft, where I felt I had better footing. But someone's going to have to step up from the hopeful/sleeper group to make this dynamic.

• Like 1

White Wonder:

1.06- RB Saquon Barkley, NYG
2.07- WR D.K. Metcalf, Sea. 
3.06- RB Najee Harris, Pit. 
4.07- WR CeeDee Lamb, Dal. 
5.06- QB Lamar Jackson, Bal. 
6.07- WR Brandon Aiyuk, SF 
7.06- TE Kyle Pitts, Atl. 
8.07- RB Gus Edwards, Bal. 
9.06- RB James Conner, Ari. 
10.07- WR Mike Williams, LAC
11.06- WR Antonio Brown, TB
12.07- QB Kirk Cousins, Min. 
13.06- TE Zach Ertz, Phi. 
14.07- RB Devontae Booker, NYG
15.06- D/ST, Kansas City Chiefs 
16.07- K Matt Prater, Ari. 

I would have rather been a little further down for an Aaron Jones or Zeke Elliot.

I would have preferred Joe Mixon in round 2 in an ideal world with the thought of possibly going RB-RB-RB but obviously Mixon was not falling, hence wishing to pick later in round one.

*As for my actual selections, I think I have the best WR group and a QB who can straight up win you weeks more than any other, even Mahomes. I love the upside of Kyle Pitts but obviously having a rookie as your TE1 and a guy in limbo waiting to be traded as your TE2 makes me uncomfortable at the moment. RB depth is always a concern unless you just go RB-RB-RB but I would take a guess that my overall RB group is at least middle of the pack.

***Only thing I would do over is I would probably have picked TY Hilton and Mike Williams in rounds 9/10 and passed on James Conner. I then would have picked a different backup TE in round 11 and snagged Tevin Coleman in round 13.

• Like 1

1.09- RB Ezekiel Elliott, Dal. 
2.04- TE George Kittle, SF
3.09- WR Mike Evans, TB 
4.04- RB Clyde Edwards-Helaire, KC 
5.09- QB Justin Herbert, LAC
6.04- WR Diontae Johnson, Pit. 
7.09- QB Jalen Hurts, Phi. 
8.04- RB Javonte Williams, Den. 
9.09- WR DeVonta Smith, Phi. 
10.04- RB Zack Moss, Buf. 
11.09- WR Jaylen Waddle, Mia. 
12.04- WR Corey Davis, NYJ
13.09- D/ST, Los Angeles Rams
14.04- TE Cole Kmet, Chi. 
15.09- K Greg Zuerlein, Dal. 
16.04- WR Tyrell Williams, Det. 

Qb's - Herbert & Hurts

Rb's - Elliott, CEH, Williams(R)-Denver, Moss

Wr's - Evans, D. Johnson, D. Smith(R), Waddle(R), Corey Davis & Ty Williams

Te's - Kittle & Kmet

- How do you feel about your draft position?  9th spot. okay, not great.

- What is your teams strength? Quarterbacks. Wanted two Top 10 players and I think I got them. And, could have 4 starting RBs if things work out!

- What is your team biggest weakness? WR, 2 rookies and yet unproven. At same time, I love my depth at WR

- Who did you miss out on? Kelce, but would not have taken him in first round, hoping for 2nd round snag. McLaurin and Prescott were also 2 that I had wanted but were sniped right before me.

- Who fell to you or was your favorite pick?  For sure it was Elliott at 1.09. Good value IMO. Honestly, liked Ty Williams at 16 as he is a starting WR1 on a team, yet I know it's not a good offensive team.

- What was your toughest pick and why? Javonte Williams, Den. at 8.04. Rookie as my RB3, but now I am hearing Gordon may not have the starting job wrapped up even for game 1!

• Like 1

1.01- RB Christian McCaffrey, Car. 
2.12- WR A.J. Brown, Ten. 
3.01- WR Allen Robinson, Chi. 
4.12- TE Mark Andrews, Bal. 
5.01- RB Ronald Jones, TB 
6.12- RB Michael Carter, NYJ
7.01- QB Ryan Tannehill, Ten. 
8.12- WR Robby Anderson, Car.
9.01- WR Jarvis Landry, Cle. 
10.12- RB A.J. Dillon, GB
11.01- TE Evan Engram, NYG
12.12- QB Daniel Jones, NYG
13.01- WR Henry Ruggs III, LV
14.12- D/ST, Indianapolis Colts
15.01- RB Tarik Cohen, Chi. 
16.12- K Wil Lutz, NO

Draft position:  1st

Team's strength:  RB and WR.  Having McCaffrey could give me a good advantage and Jones has potential to be a great RB2.  I'm really happy with ARob/AJ Brown combo at WR and I think my depth is solid there as well.

Biggest weakness?  QB is probably my biggest weakness but I still think Tannehill is a viable starter.  I like having him paired up with Brown.  My RB depth is a bit of a weakness as well.

Who did I miss out on?  I didn't really miss out on much other than I thought I could get Waller as my TE.

Who fell to you or was your favorite pick?  I think ARob is great value in the 3rd round but my favorite pick is my first one.

What was your toughest pick and why?  Once I got past the 9th round they all felt pretty tough as the options were getting pretty limited.  I think AJ Dillon was one of my tougher picks in the 10th because of Aaron Jones being there.

•  
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, robb said:

1.09- RB Ezekiel Elliott, Dal. 
2.04- TE George Kittle, SF
3.09- WR Mike Evans, TB 
4.04- RB Clyde Edwards-Helaire, KC 
5.09- QB Justin Herbert, LAC
6.04- WR Diontae Johnson, Pit. 
7.09- QB Jalen Hurts, Phi. 
8.04- RB Javonte Williams, Den. 
9.09- WR DeVonta Smith, Phi. 
10.04- RB Zack Moss, Buf. 
11.09- WR Jaylen Waddle, Mia. 
12.04- WR Corey Davis, NYJ
13.09- D/ST, Los Angeles Rams
14.04- TE Cole Kmet, Chi. 
15.09- K Greg Zuerlein, Dal. 
16.04- WR Tyrell Williams, Det. 

Qb's - Herbert & Hurts

Rb's - Elliott, CEH, Williams(R)-Denver, Moss

Wr's - Evans, D. Johnson, D. Smith(R), Waddle(R), Corey Davis & Ty Williams

Te's - Kittle & Kmet

- How do you feel about your draft position?  9th spot. okay, not great.

- What is your teams strength? Quarterbacks. Wanted two Top 10 players and I think I got them. And, could have 4 starting RBs if things work out!

- What is your team biggest weakness? WR, 2 rookies and yet unproven. At same time, I love my depth at WR

- Who did you miss out on? Kelce, but would not have taken him in first round, hoping for 2nd round snag. McLaurin and Prescott were also 2 that I had wanted but were sniped right before me.

- Who fell to you or was your favorite pick?  For sure it was Elliott at 1.09. Good value IMO. Honestly, liked Ty Williams at 16 as he is a starting WR1 on a team, yet I know it's not a good offensive team.

- What was your toughest pick and why? Javonte Williams, Den. at 8.04. Rookie as my RB3, but now I am hearing Gordon may not have the starting job wrapped up even for game 1!

I liked the 16th round snag of Tyrell, and felt CEH was a 4th round gift.  TE position is a strength with Kittle.

41 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

1.01- RB Christian McCaffrey, Car. 
2.12- WR A.J. Brown, Ten. 
3.01- WR Allen Robinson, Chi. 
4.12- TE Mark Andrews, Bal. 
5.01- RB Ronald Jones, TB 
6.12- RB Michael Carter, NYJ
7.01- QB Ryan Tannehill, Ten. 
8.12- WR Robby Anderson, Car.
9.01- WR Jarvis Landry, Cle. 
10.12- RB A.J. Dillon, GB
11.01- TE Evan Engram, NYG
12.12- QB Daniel Jones, NYG
13.01- WR Henry Ruggs III, LV
14.12- D/ST, Indianapolis Colts
15.01- RB Tarik Cohen, Chi. 
16.12- K Wil Lutz, NO

Draft position:  1st

Team's strength:  RB and WR.  Having McCaffrey could give me a good advantage and Jones has potential to be a great RB2.  I'm really happy with ARob/AJ Brown combo at WR and I think my depth is solid there as well.

Biggest weakness?  QB is probably my biggest weakness but I still think Tannehill is a viable starter.  I like having him paired up with Brown.  My RB depth is a bit of a weakness as well.

Who did I miss out on?  I didn't really miss out on much other than I thought I could get Waller as my TE.

Who fell to you or was your favorite pick?  I think ARob is great value in the 3rd round but my favorite pick is my first one.

What was your toughest pick and why?  Once I got past the 9th round they all felt pretty tough as the options were getting pretty limited.  I think AJ Dillon was one of my tougher picks in the 10th because of Aaron Jones being there.

•  

I loved the 8/9 turn having one of those two as my #3 Wr then still having Ruggs.  Dillon was could play a huge role if the Pack takes some leads

• Like 1

19 hours ago, WhiteWonder said:

White Wonder:

1.06- RB Saquon Barkley, NYG
2.07- WR D.K. Metcalf, Sea. 
3.06- RB Najee Harris, Pit. 
4.07- WR CeeDee Lamb, Dal. 
5.06- QB Lamar Jackson, Bal. 
6.07- WR Brandon Aiyuk, SF 
7.06- TE Kyle Pitts, Atl. 
8.07- RB Gus Edwards, Bal. 
9.06- RB James Conner, Ari. 
10.07- WR Mike Williams, LAC
11.06- WR Antonio Brown, TB
12.07- QB Kirk Cousins, Min. 
13.06- TE Zach Ertz, Phi. 
14.07- RB Devontae Booker, NYG
15.06- D/ST, Kansas City Chiefs 
16.07- K Matt Prater, Ari. 

I would have rather been a little further down for an Aaron Jones or Zeke Elliot.

I would have preferred Joe Mixon in round 2 in an ideal world with the thought of possibly going RB-RB-RB but obviously Mixon was not falling, hence wishing to pick later in round one.

*As for my actual selections, I think I have the best WR group and a QB who can straight up win you weeks more than any other, even Mahomes. I love the upside of Kyle Pitts but obviously having a rookie as your TE1 and a guy in limbo waiting to be traded as your TE2 makes me uncomfortable at the moment. RB depth is always a concern unless you just go RB-RB-RB but I would take a guess that my overall RB group is at least middle of the pack.

***Only thing I would do over is I would probably have picked TY Hilton and Mike Williams in rounds 9/10 and passed on James Conner. I then would have picked a different backup TE in round 11 and snagged Tevin Coleman in round 13.

Cousins was the backup I coveted. The wideout group is stellar.

6 hours ago, Hawkeye21 said:

And THIS is precisely why Waller was my 2nd round, and not my 3rd.  I feel vindicated. LOL.

• Like 1

Mine is included in the No-Hassle Analysis...which is now finished.