Sign in to follow this  
BeenHereBefore

The Toyota

Going to pay 3 hundred to get the drivers side window go back up and down and to fix a couple inside door handles. Now the exhaust is getting worse where the car goes 5 mile per hour when you drive it till you gun it then it runs normal speed. Great running dirt cheap car for us the last 5 years and man parting with it is like loss of a love one.

Already made a commitment with the garage down the block to spend the 3 hundred on Thursday but man feeling like it's time to just let it go. I actually need it though for the next month or two till I get something else.

There is this restaurant I found recently that makes the perfect hamburger.  I mean that burger is 500x better than second place.  I get sentimental eating the last bite.  Its like the loss of a loved one also. 

I'm throwing new tires on mine next week. $950. :wall:

1 hour ago, The PosterFormerlyKnownAs said:

A Toyota’s a Toyota.  

Even read backwards.

reliable car.  

sorry for your impending loss.

Thanks.

1 hour ago, JustinCharge said:

There is this restaurant I found recently that makes the perfect hamburger.  I mean that burger is 500x better than second place.  I get sentimental eating the last bite.  Its like the loss of a loved one also. 

I made and and ate a great hamburger two days ago. Sometimes it is all about the better meat and best I had in ages.

5 hours ago, Kopy said:

I'm throwing new tires on mine next week. $950. :wall:

What do you have, a Supra?  How can you drop that much cash on tires for a Toyota?  :unsure: 

20 hours ago, BeenHereBefore said:

Going to pay 3 hundred to get the drivers side window go back up and down and to fix a couple inside door handles.

Sounds very reasonable to me. 

Seriously, if you ever feel like talking to a fellow geek who works on cars for a living, feel free to give me a call.  
If actually pretty decent at this. 

20 minutes ago, Kopy said:

Tacoma

That's what I own. 
4.0, baby :doublethumbsup:

8 hours ago, SUXBNME said:

That's what I own. 
4.0, baby :doublethumbsup:

Same here. 2013

10 hours ago, SUXBNME said:

Sounds very reasonable to me. 

Seriously, if you ever feel like talking to a fellow geek who works on cars for a living, feel free to give me a call.  
If actually pretty decent at this. 

Cool thanks Sux and will do if I need help, the price seems fair and the module is pricey and they had to order the one door handle for $25. Just took it back down today again and hope they will have it done for the days out.

2 minutes ago, tanatastic said:

Camry is the top selling car in America for like 20 years running.

I been looking for another used Toyota and they are hard to find and think people don't want to sell them.

Just now, BeenHereBefore said:

I been looking for another used Toyota and they are hard to find and think people don't want to sell them.

There’s crazy inventory shortages and people are gouging the used car market big time. 

Just now, tanatastic said:

There’s crazy inventory shortages and people are gouging the used car market big time. 

I think people are hanging on to them cause they know they are good cars. What I see a ton of and daily are Jeep Cherokee for sale and they must be crap and everyone is trying to get rid of them.

Got it back a few hours ago and they fix the window and two of the inside door handles. Go to start it and won't turn over and the one dude tells the other to check the starter, other dude comes out and says your starter is old. I'm like the whole care is old but never had a issue in 5 years with the battery or the starter since I had it and work fine when I brought it in.

Later the first dude tells me I had the door beeping for two hours while I was working on it and I'm like yep that can do it. My friend just had his car done by them a week ago and they accidentally set his on fire. They are a block away from me and walk there so why I still went with them. Seems okay now but think I'm done with them in the future.

Glad to hear she's back on the road and wasn't ready to accept that this was the end.  :thumbsup:

7 minutes ago, Mookz said:

Glad to hear she's back on the road and wasn't ready to accept that this was the end.  :thumbsup:

Thanks Buddy. One more year I hope!