Sign in to follow this  
edjr

North Korean defector compares Columbia University to North Korea

https://news.yahoo.com/north-korean-defector-says-going-130747688.html

A North Korean defector has told Fox News that she fears for the future of the US after attending Columbia University, where she said the atmosphere reminded her of her days under the oppressive Kim regime.

Yeonmi Park, 27, has spoken frequently about her harrowing escape from North Korea at the age of 13 with her mother. She is now a US citizen.

In recent years, Park has appeared often in the news to speak about life in North Korea, and to criticise Kim Jong Un's regime, as well as comment on Asian and American politics. She has been interviewed by the New York Post, The Sun, NBC News, The Guardian, NPR, and The Telegraph. She has also written op-eds for The New York Times and The Washington Post.

In 2016, she transferred to Columbia University and said the experience was jarring.

She told Fox News the culture of political correctness reminded her of living under the Kim regime.

Visit Insider's homepage for more stories.

A North Korean defector has told Fox News that she fears for the future of the US after attending Columbia University, where she said the atmosphere reminded her of her days under the oppressive Kim regime.

Yeonmi Park, 27, has spoken frequently about her harrowing escape from North Korea at the age of 13 with her mother. She is now a US citizen.

In recent years, Park has appeared often in the news to speak about life in North Korea, and to criticise Kim Jong Un's regime, as well as comment on Asian and American politics. She has been interviewed by the New York Post, The Sun, NBC News, The Guardian, NPR, and The Telegraph. She has also written op-eds for The New York Times and The Washington Post.

In 2016, Park transferred from a South Korean university to Columbia University in New York, and told Fox News in an interview on Monday that the transition was jarring.

She described a culture of political correctness at the Ivy League institution that she said rivaled the thought-policing that happened in her native country.

"I expected that I was paying this fortune, all this time and energy, to learn how to think. But they are forcing you to think the way they want you to think," Park told Fox News. "I realized, 'Wow, this is insane.' I thought America was different, but I saw so many similarities to what I saw in North Korea that I started worrying."

Wood

When you start to embrace ideas like micro-aggressions and triggers, you are really forcing people to think one way.  If you can't disagree with someone with out triggering them or committing some micro-aggressions, that means you can't really disagree with anybody.  

It really punishes conservative thinkers more as well, since those are the people that won't complain about triggers and micro-aggressions.

1 minute ago, Herbivore said:

"NK is crazy, but not this crazy", sounds like this NK plant is trying to normalize NK.  

:lol:

36 minutes ago, Herbivore said:

"NK is crazy, but not this crazy", sounds like this NK plant is trying to normalize NK.  

Her statements are directed at tards like you. 

Just now, lod001 said:

Her statements are directed at tards like you. 

He knows that.  That's why he's trying to discredit her.