Sign in to follow this  
BeenHereBefore

Stupid people in front of you at the grocery line!

Got back from the grocery store a bit ago and just one person in front of me, a women about 50 yrs 34 C. Paying for her crap with a debit card. Acts like she never used a credit card before at a store and don't know what buttons to push or when to pull the card out when it tells you too. I see this a lot with others as well and don't get it ? Always happens when it's just one person I'm behind and think I'm getting out of the store quick.

Our grocery store recently added shop & scan.  Use your phone and app to scan the UPC codes, go to the checkout and scan a QRC--it uploads your list from an app. Sometimes a cashier comes over and randomly checks 3 items, sometimes not and you are on your way. No waiting behind stupid people...

In California groceries up to 950 dollars are free. No check out lines either. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

10 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Yeah, it's like Aldi though.  You gotta bring your own bag.  :thumbsdown:

• Haha 1

52 minutes ago, BeenHereBefore said:

Got back from the grocery store a bit ago and just one person in front of me, a women about 50 yrs 34 C. Paying for her crap with a debit card. Acts like she never used a credit card before at a store and don't know what buttons to push or when to pull the card out when it tells you too. I see this a lot with others as well and don't get it ? Always happens when it's just one person I'm behind and think I'm getting out of the store quick.

Happened to me yesterday. The lady in front of me didn't know what buttons to push or was pushing them in the wrong order, or was entering in the numbers wrong. Constantly. "Should I keep my card in? This isn't working."  Kept pushing the wrong ones and muttering about "something's wrong".  

Worked fine for me. :dunno:

33 minutes ago, Utilit99 said:

Happened to me yesterday. The lady in front of me didn't know what buttons to push or was pushing them in the wrong order, or was entering in the numbers wrong. Constantly. "Should I keep my card in? This isn't working."  Kept pushing the wrong ones and muttering about "something's wrong".  

Yep crazy and I don't get it, they act like this is some knew technology.

36 minutes ago, Utilit99 said:

Problem identified.

1 hour ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Ha, ha, ha, this is hilarious!

• Thanks 1

Many times I’m tempted to walk up and say hey can I help, this process seems to be baffling to you guys. 

Not at a grocery store, but it convenient stores and liquor stores and the like, I hate the focking lottery guy that sets himself up, puts his arm down and leans on the counter, and is ready for the full on 20 minutes of him saying out all the combinations of numbers he wants to play. And then, just when you think he's done, he throws in "Oh, and one of those, and a pick 2-6-8, and a lottery blast ticket, and oh hell, two win ten grand tickets." And that's it. 

1 hour ago, Utilit99 said:

Not at a grocery store, but it convenient stores and liquor stores and the like, I hate the focking lottery guy that sets himself up, puts his arm down and leans on the counter, and is ready for the full on 20 minutes of him saying out all the combinations of numbers he wants to play. And then, just when you think he's done, he throws in "Oh, and one of those, and a pick 2-6-8, and a lottery blast ticket, and oh hell, two win ten grand tickets." And that's it. 

this drives me insane. and then 3 more tickets for my uncle and ill pay for them separately.

5 hours ago, Mike Honcho said:

Our grocery store recently added shop & scan.  Use your phone and app to scan the UPC codes, go to the checkout and scan a QRC--it uploads your list from an app. Sometimes a cashier comes over and randomly checks 3 items, sometimes not and you are on your way. No waiting behind stupid people...

I guess if you're buying grapes, you have to sort of keep them to the side of your basket and remember to weigh them when you get up there?  🤔

1 minute ago, Mookz said:

I guess if you're buying grapes, you have to sort of keep them to the side of your basket and remember to weigh them when you get up there?  🤔

Yeah. Once you get up there and the app and checkout connect, it asks if you want to add any more items. There's a scale there, so you can do all of that then.  I love it, never a line and takes 2 minutes for the entire transaction.  

1 minute ago, Mike Honcho said:

Yeah. Once you get up there and the app and checkout connect, it asks if you want to add any more items. There's a scale there, so you can do all of that then.  I love it, never a line and takes 2 minutes for the entire transaction.  

And that goes for both red and green grapes?  🤔

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Mookz said:

And that goes for both red and green grapes?  🤔

Probably, but not for the sour ones though.  If you get those, then you come to the Geek Club and make a post about it.

I hate the people that want to get cigarettes or some other special thing where the cashier has to leave and go get it. It’s similar to the lottery ticket thing. I mean I guess it’s not their fault the store has it set up that way but it sure as fock inconveniences everyone else.

I also hate when you’re at the pharmacy and somebody’s playing 20 questions on the medication. Those damn pharmacists don’t do or know sh1t anyway. They’re just pill poppers smart enough to get legally paid six figures for their habit.

I also hate when you have people splitting up sh1t so mom pays for this part of it then her loser daughter has her own transaction and pays for that part, then there’s a third transaction which loser daughter hopes to someday have deadbeat dad pay for. It’s just sad.

Or the people that watch the prices like a hawk and insist something was actually supposed to be $.23 cents less. It’s not a g0ddamn game of skill, just pay for your sh1t and leave.

Bottom line, I’m a real assh0le :lol:

I have trouble with those machines from time to time.  I don't shop much and don't really know the exact sequence either.