Hardcore troubadour

Slowly normalizing philadelphia

So Wednesday I had a job, take some kids to the 76’rs game in Philadelphia. Wow. What a shithole. I saw not one, but two dead dogs on the side of the highway leading into the arena. Looked like they had been there for days. Roads all tore up, garbage everywhere. Disgusting. Anyhow, I was parked between the basketball arena and the football stadium on the street. So I took a piss in some bushes in front of the Linc. Some sawed off little black guy actually said something. I laughed at him. Anyhow, the 76’rs blew a gigantic lead and all the loser Philly fans were all upset walking out. I just couldn’t figure out how or why all those white trash creeps were there. NBA tickets are expensive, right? All in all a good night, made about 400. Oh yeah, I went to Chickys and Pete’s, I had been there years ago and had a good time. Had a couple of sodas and left. That crowd was way too diverse for my taste.  But they did have a bathroom attendant. I gave him a dollar so he could hand me a paper towel. What a shitty town 

• Like 1

Back in the early 90's when I lived in Erie I worked in IT for an agency that had an operation in Philly.  (I like call it that because people there hate that) Anyhow I hated going.  They would send a group of us there in a van for a week.  I always packed a shitload of computer equipment that I did not need so I could not fit my stuff in the van.  I drove my truck with all of that useless equipment so I could bolt as soon as I was finished with what I had to do.  I remember they would drive 8 hours there on Sunday and 8 hours back on Saturday.  Someone up high decided that driving was not working so you did not need to do that on a workday.   I always drove down Monday and back as soon as I could.

Now: I have not seen a MLB game all year but a friend of mine, David Hale has moved around and is now a relief pitcher for the Phillies.   He texted me that he was on the Covid list  because someone he was near false positive.  Typical Philly :rolleyes:   So I root for them now as long as he is there. 

35 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

So Wednesday I had a job, take some kids to the 76’rs game in Philadelphia. Wow. What a shithole. I saw not one, but two dead dogs on the side of the highway leading into the arena. Looked like they had been there for days. Roads all tore up, garbage everywhere. Disgusting. Anyhow, I was parked between the basketball arena and the football stadium on the street. So I took a piss in some bushes in front of the Linc. Some sawed off little black guy actually said something. I laughed at him. Anyhow, the 76’rs blew a gigantic lead and all the loser Philly fans were all upset walking out. I just couldn’t figure out how or why all those white trash creeps were there. NBA tickets are expensive, right? All in all a good night, made about 400. Oh yeah, I went to Chickys and Pete’s, I had been there years ago and had a good time. Had a couple of sodas and left. That crowd was way too diverse for my taste.  But they did have a bathroom attendant. I gave him a dollar so he could hand me a paper towel. What a shitty town 

No crabby fries ?

Just now, Mike Isles said:

No crabby fries ?

There was a food truck selling them. Pass. 

2 minutes ago, Bill E. said:

Back in the early 90's when I lived in Erie I worked in IT for an agency that had an operation in Philly.  (I like call it that because people there hate that) Anyhow I hated going.  They would send a group of us there in a van for a week.  I always packed a shitload of computer equipment that I did not need so I could not fit my stuff in the van.  I drove my truck with all of that useless equipment so I could bolt as soon as I was finished with what I had to do.  I remember they would drive 8 hours there on Sunday and 8 hours back on Saturday.  Someone up high decided that driving was not working so you did not need to do that on a workday.   I always drove down Monday and back as soon as I could.

Now: I have not seen a MLB game all year but a friend of mine, David Hale has moved around and is now a relief pitcher for the Phillies.   He texted me that he was on the Covid list  because someone he was near false positive.  Typical Philly :rolleyes:   So I root for them now as long as he is there. 

It’s Philthy not Philly. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

There was a food truck selling them. Pass. 

Nah. I hate Philthy as the next guy but Chickie and Pete’s crabby fries are good.  

Just now, Mike Isles said:

It’s Philthy not Philly. 

My mistake.  Back in 1990 it was just shitty not filthy.  I remember walking around downtown.  It was the first time I ever saw masses of people sleeping on sewer grates.  You had to step over them if they were sleeping.  If not they asked for money. 

one of the 1st Major Cities to be rooned by the Left

39 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

Imagine being a taxi driver. Poor guy :( 

Yeah. Imagine working your own schedule and not missing your kids grow up.  It’s nice. 

1 hour ago, Big Guy said:

one of the 1st Major Cities to be rooned by the Left

All that historical significance wasted on a buncha shitbags. What a shame. :(

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, IGotWorms said:

Imagine being a taxi driver. Poor guy :( 

Are you kidding? Dude made $400 and all he had to do was drive 6 hours round trip to Philly and sit outside the arena during the game. :bandana: 

7 minutes ago, MDC said:

Are you kidding? Dude made $400 and all he had to do was drive 6 hours round trip to Philly and sit outside the arena during the game. :bandana: 

What a focking wierdo you are. 🐮

• Haha 1

With the exception of seeing some of our nations history there and trying the cheesesteaks, I don’t really see a reason to visit Philly. California at least has stuff that hasn’t been ruined by liberals like wine country for instance :dunno: 

1 hour ago, MDC said:

Sounds awesome :mellow:

• Haha 2

I have visited Philly roughly 5 or 6 times.  Some for work some for fun (sporting events). 

1. Center City is awesome.  :thumbsup:

2.  The rest is either meh or not good.

3.  The cheese-steaks are overrated.  I think its just a nostalgia thing.  

4.  The sports fan are passionate and crazy.  

1 minute ago, KSB2424 said:

I have visited Philly roughly 5 or 6 times.  Some for work some for fun (sporting events). 

If the cheesesteaks are overrated then only reason for me to go is to see a little of our country’s history. Still will grab one but my expectations have been lowered. Shame really cause one of my bucket list things was to visit a lot of our nations monuments/historical places such as the liberty bell. 

Just now, Djgb13 said:

If the cheese-steaks are overrated 

It's one of those things that if you are there you gotta do it.  Like check off kinda thing.  I've done the Pat's and Geno's, they are right across the street from one another.  There may be something better but yeah.  

Philly is definitely worth at least one visit.  Center City is a cool scene.  They have a bunch of history stuff as you mentioned and if you are in the right part of town the bar scene is cool.   

6 minutes ago, KSB2424 said:

It's one of those things that if you are there you gotta do it.  Like check off kinda thing.  I've done the Pat's and Geno's, they are right across the street from one another.  There may be something better but yeah.  

Philly is definitely worth at least one visit.  Center City is a cool scene.  They have a bunch of history stuff as you mentioned and if you are in the right part of town the bar scene is cool.   

Don't they use Cheese Whiz or some sh!t?  Hard pass

6 minutes ago, KSB2424 said:

I’ll end up there but it’s low on the list of places to visit. Plan on going to NYC again this December. Wife has never been and when I went last I wasn’t old enough to drink. I feel like Philly would prob be just a stop on a long road trip of driving and visiting places. 

1 minute ago, Fireballer said:

Don't they use Cheese Whiz or some sh!t?  Hard pass

Geno's does.

1 hour ago, KSB2424 said:

Geno's does.

Cheese wiz?? On a cheesesteak? I’m not so sure about having that…

4 hours ago, IGotWorms said:

Sounds awesome :mellow:

Don’t forget my fat pension. My pension is so fat it could be from Fishtown.  Life’s good. 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

7 hours ago, Djgb13 said:

That's the shlt they dump on it. That's the signature of philthadelphia. Oh, and a statue of a movie character. 

13 hours ago, Bill E. said:

My mistake.  Back in 1990 it was just shitty not filthy.  I remember walking around downtown.  It was the first time I ever saw masses of people sleeping on sewer grates.  You had to step over them if they were sleeping.  If not they asked for money. 

I’d ask for money too if you stepped on me.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, The PosterFormerlyKnownAs said:

I’d ask for money too if you stepped on me.

THEN DON'T LAY IN THE FOCKING SIDEWALK !!! :mad:

• Haha 2

On 6/18/2021 at 10:11 PM, Djgb13 said:

Sounds strange but that’s what a true Philly cheesesteak is made with…. “Wiz wit” is how you order it. Best Philly cheesesteak is in South Jersey though. Place called Gaetanos. 👍👍👍

6 hours ago, Crestwood 2 said:

Sounds strange but that’s what a true Philly cheesesteak is made with…. “Wiz wit” is how you order it. Best Philly cheesesteak is in South Jersey though. Place called Gaetanos. 👍👍👍

Sorry man, you're not wrong. But for me, provolone all the way.  

Isnt that pretty much the Mason-Dixon line for pats and geno's?

Pats and Genos are tourist traps - there are many better cheesesteak places in Philly. And cheesesteaks are overrated. Roast pork with broccoli rabe and sharp provolone is the true best Philly sammich.

Mung water knows a place in Chicago the dips their sandwiches in garlic butter. Jesus, top of my bucket list.

So the Sixers blew another game at home, lost the series. Dirty Philly fans threw garbage on the court. Again. What a collection of loser dirtbags. Worst in the country. 

Went to the game with some friends last night. The Lyft driver rolls up in a car with NY plates wearing a chauffeur costume with a retarded kid in the backseat. We called the driver Jeeves and told him we don’t like tards so he made Corky ride in the trunk.

Everybody clapped! :clap: 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

On 6/18/2021 at 8:58 PM, KSB2424 said:

On 6/18/2021 at 9:01 PM, Djgb13 said:

If the cheesesteaks are overrated then only reason for me to go is to see a little of our country’s history. Still will grab one but my expectations have been lowered. Shame really cause one of my bucket list things was to visit a lot of our nations monuments/historical places such as the liberty bell. 

Philadelphia invented the cheesesteak... New Jersey (more specifically SOUTH Jersey), perfected them.  You get way better cheesesteaks in NJ than in Philly, no doubt.

20 hours ago, MDC said:

Pats and Genos are tourist traps - there are many better cheesesteak places in Philly. And cheesesteaks are overrated. Roast pork with broccoli rabe and sharp provolone is the true best Philly sammich.

True dat.  D'nicks prok sammich is the t!ts.

I agree that Pats and Genos are crap.  I really like Sonny's.

On 6/18/2021 at 9:06 PM, KSB2424 said:

Same.  Had to do it.  It's one of the first American cities and the history is cool.    But all my visiting was during daylight hours.   

On 6/18/2021 at 8:58 PM, KSB2424 said:

Plus, unless it's changed, they only take cash.  No plastic.