Sign in to follow this  
AxeElf

Beasley Retiring?

Just saw where Beasley is considering retiring over his disagreement with the NFL COVID protocols for unvaccinated players (like him).

That's kind of a blow to best-ball leagues that have already drafted--including the one in which I had the #4 slot and got Henry.

Hopefully he won't, but if he does, Emmanuel Sanders suddenly has a pulse.

I took it as him just throwing a hissy fit that he'll get over, but who knows of he's coming off a broken leg.

• Like 1

I doubt he retires.

He's not gonna want to give up that paycheck playing for a team that's right on the brink of a Super Bowl.

He's turned into a minor diva in Buffalo, which is weird. Normally Dallas would be the place to be a diva, and Buffalo the place to stay quiet.

• Like 1

He didn't say he was considering retirement. He said he would retire if the only option to play was that he be forced to get vaccinated. This is much ado about nothing...

2 hours ago, jrokh said:

He didn't say he was considering retirement. He said he would retire if the only option to play was that he be forced to get vaccinated. This is much ado about nothing...

I'm assuming he read the same news blurb I did.

(thehuddle) Buffalo Bills WR Cole Beasley said Saturday, June 19, he may consider retirement over his disagreement with the league's continuing COVID-19 protocols for unvaccinated players, such as himself.

From the quotes I read he was pissed that he wouldn't be allowed to leave the team hotel because he wasn't vaccinated.

5 hours ago, nobody said:

I took it as him just throwing a hissy fit that he'll get over, but who knows of he's coming off a broken leg.

If he has limits for himself, is that a 'hissy fit"?

55 minutes ago, Utilit99 said:

If he has limits for himself, is that a 'hissy fit"?

Yep.  Cole is potentially giving up millions of dollars because he doesn't want to get a vaccine or follow his employer's policies if he doesn't.  That's his right, of course.  He just doesn't need to cry about it on social media.  If he wants to quit, he should just quit. 

Glad hes posting his views, I hate to see it when people get shot down from posting things that they feel is right. 

Go Beasly. 

5 minutes ago, nobody said:

Yep.  Cole is potentially giving up millions of dollars because he doesn't want to get a vaccine or follow his employer's policies if he doesn't.  That's his right, of course.  He just doesn't need to cry about it on social media.  If he wants to quit, he should just quit. 

No one should disagree with a company forcing an experimental drug on someone? When did he cry? I missed that part.

• Sad 1

28 minutes ago, Utilit99 said:

No one should disagree with a company forcing an experimental drug on someone? When did he cry? I missed that part.

Experimental drug? Your tinfoil hat must be on a bit tight. 

Can you list for me all of the ingredients in Tylenol and its side effects?

Or better yet find me any pharmaceutical drug that has ZERO side effects.

Do you go to your doctor for a check up and then proceed to argue with him/her?

Its ok to be skeptical but, my god, get your facts at least somewhat straight. 

Just now, LoOnAtIk said:

Beasley has a right to be skeptical. No one on this earth knows what could happen from what this FDA unapproved drug will do in the big picture. We have no idea what the side affects could be in the long term. Mind you, I don't fight for either side on this on what people should do. I just think people should be respected in this case for their choice to follow or go with their own decisions and the NFL and all the fans should respect that. There are ton of doctors out there that tell people to be very cautious of getting this vaccine. 

And you have no facts when it comes to what could happen in the future. Why doesn't the FDA just sign off on it based on your input? 

I'm all for it being here, and applauded it being put out so quickly, but I do NOT blame people for being cautious at this point and I don't think they should be penalized because they don't go along with uneducated group think from a bunch of people who just buy in to what they are told to do. S

And as far as Tylenol is concerned, it's been around since 1955, and we already know liver problems have occured, etc. And people should have the OPTION to use it or not. Not be forced into using it. 

This is not only a problem with Beasley and the NFL, this will be a problem with corporate America and how they handle it across the country with their employees. 

It looks like you are wearing the tinfoil hat. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

29 minutes ago, LoOnAtIk said:

Who’s being told that they will be treated differently from their other teammates for using or not using Tylenol, that’s a real bad comparison. 

And Don’t Use Gods Name In Vain. 

Hey Thanks. 

37 minutes ago, Utilit99 said:

Beasley has a right to be skeptical. No one on this earth knows what could happen from what this FDA unapproved drug will do in the big picture. We have no idea what the side affects could be in the long term. Mind you, I don't fight for either side on this on what people should do. I just think people should be respected in this case for their choice to follow or go with their own decisions and the NFL and all the fans should respect that. There are ton of doctors out there that tell people to be very cautious of getting this vaccine. 

And you have no facts when it comes to what could happen in the future. Why doesn't the FDA just sign off on it based on your input? 

I'm all for it being here, and applauded it being put out so quickly, but I do NOT blame people for being cautious at this point and I don't think they should be penalized because they don't go along with uneducated group think from a bunch of people who just buy in to what they are told to do. S

And as far as Tylenol is concerned, it's been around since 1955, and we already know liver problems have occured, etc. And people should have the OPTION to use it or not. Not be forced into using it. 

This is not only a problem with Beasley and the NFL, this will be a problem with corporate America and how they handle it across the country with their employees. 

It looks like you are wearing the tinfoil hat. 

It is approved by the FDA for emergency use. I'm not trying to argue with anyone just get your facts straight. There's a difference between approved by FDA and then approved for emergency use. Feel free to google. 

The same exact sentiment of not knowing long term effects of vaccine could be applied to not knowing long term effects of covid, which we have already seen some cases of people not being able to taste and smell, not being able to breathe the same way. 

My take is, if you're skeptical, do something about it. Put on the labcoat, get in the lab and do something. I take my car to the mechanic because I don't know how to fix cars. I call an electrician to install recessed lighting because I don't know the first thing about electricity. Capitalism thrives on specialization, but if we're just gonna go ahead and discredit all scientists and doctors now, then why stop there?

Question everything and do everything yourself. See how far that gets you.

33 minutes ago, weepaws said:

Who’s being told that they will be treated differently from their other teammates for using or not using Tylenol, that’s a real bad comparison. 

And Don’t Use Gods Name In Vain. 

Hey Thanks. 

That wasn't even my point. I'm replying directly to the "experimental drug" comment. Call it like it is. It's a vaccine for a pandemic, NOT an experimental drug. 

Jesus Christ. 

12 minutes ago, LoOnAtIk said:

It is approved by the FDA for emergency use. I'm not trying to argue with anyone just get your facts straight. There's a difference between approved by FDA and then approved for emergency use. Feel free to google. 

The same exact sentiment of not knowing long term effects of vaccine could be applied to not knowing long term effects of covid, which we have already seen some cases of people not being able to taste and smell, not being able to breathe the same way. 

My take is, if you're skeptical, do something about it. Put on the labcoat, get in the lab and do something. I take my car to the mechanic because I don't know how to fix cars. I call an electrician to install recessed lighting because I don't know the first thing about electricity. Capitalism thrives on specialization, but if we're just gonna go ahead and discredit all scientists and doctors now, then why stop there?

That makes no sense. Tell people who work for a living and have to deal with being forced to get an "emergency use" vaccine to keep their jobs? 

I don't think Beasley was whining or crying, it's just what he believes is best for himself. And if all the vaccinated players think it's a problem, then why get vaccinated in the first place if they think it doesn't work?

What ever happened to "my body my choice"? :lol:

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

11 minutes ago, LoOnAtIk said:

That wasn't even my point. I'm replying directly to the "experimental drug" comment. Call it like it is. It's a vaccine for a pandemic, NOT an experimental drug. 

Jesus Christ. 

I told you already , don’t use Gods name in vain. 

Since the covid vaccine is new to the world, isn’t it easy to call it an experimental drug? 

And does anyone know how long they experiment on these vaccines before they usually send them out to the public? 

22 minutes ago, Utilit99 said:

That makes no sense. Tell people who work for a living and have to deal with being forced to get an "emergency use" vaccine to keep their jobs? 

I don't think Beasley was whining or crying, it's just what he believes is best for himself. And if all the vaccinated players think it's a problem, then why get vaccinated in the first place if they think it doesn't work?

What ever happened to "my body my choice"? :lol:

I don’t care who gets vaccinated and who doesn’t.  The NFL can set whatever rules they want.  They’re not even saying he has to get vaccinated.  They’re saying he has to follow stricter rules if he doesn’t.  Cole is threatening to take his ball and go home because it.  That’s crying.  

I don’t want to follow your rules.  I’ll retire.  Wah wah wah 😭

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Utilit99 said:

Mind you, I don't fight for either side on this

Lol, I read the geek club threads.  You’re very much on the racist wing of the red team.  And that group also is very wary of this vaccine 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, nobody said:

I don’t care who gets vaccinated and who doesn’t.  The NFL can set whatever rules they want.  They’re not even saying he has to get vaccinated.  They’re saying he has to follow stricter rules if he doesn’t.  Cole is threatening to take his ball and go home because it.  That’s crying.  

This is what Beasley tweeted, doesn't seem like whining to me just his take, and it certainly doesn't seem like he plans to retire...

16 minutes ago, nobody said:

So if your work said you had to do something that you don't agree with and you tell them that's not going to work for you and you will quit if they demand it. That's crying?

Jeez. 

• Sad 1

I don’t see him saying he’s taking his ball and going home, I see him saying if they want me out because I won’t take the mandemic vaccine than I’ll gladly retire and walk away a Happy and financial secure . 

Good for  him I say. N

They should just give out a collective Darwin Award this year to people who die because they thought they were smarter than doctors and scientists.

We've had vaccinations against various viruses for years now; we know how they work in general, there's no big mystery about them--we just had to create this new one to deal with this new virus.  But it's more like just putting a different kind of butter on your toast--we already know what buttered toast does.

And every once in a while, someone is allergic to dairy products and keels over from the butter, but people don't go on crazy anti-buttered toast rallies and stuff.

I don't like that people are "forced" to do anything at any time (or at least leveraged, in the case of job requirements and such)--but if we didn't "force" people not to murder each other, there'd be chaos in the streets.  There are enough dummies among us that the whole crowd has to be regulated sometimes.

Smarter than what doctors and what scientists, the ones that say take vaccines or the doctors and scientists that say don’t take them? 

One would be a lot healthier if one would stop eating toast and butter.  

Chaos has already been taking place in the streets. 

2 hours ago, Utilit99 said:

So if your work said you had to do something that you don't agree with and you tell them that's not going to work for you and you will quit if they demand it. That's crying?

Jeez. 

It would be if I run to social media to cry about it.

5 hours ago, LoOnAtIk said:

I especially love it when people come out and claim they know more than doctors and scientists who have studied this for years.

I think its amazing we even have a vaccine so soon after the disease came  out.    I, for one, would rather have the vaccine and then regain some sense of the freedom that disappeared when covid came.

he makes millions of dollars to  play.  if getting a needle that millions of others are also getting is a requirement to make that money he should probably just get the shot.   if he retires I dont think the  guy has enough star power that any of  us will miss him anyways.

it is his right to retire if he wants.   

I'm not gonna stop  him

• Like 2

3 hours ago, nobody said:

It would be if I run to social media to cry about it.

I look at it as informing, I think it’s great that we have social media to share what’s taking place, the guy has to stay in his hotel while others that mistakenly take the shot can leave , I think that’s nuts.  

19 minutes ago, Ray_T said:

I especially love it when people come out and claim they know more than doctors and scientists who have studied this for years.

I think its amazing we even have a vaccine so soon after the disease came  out.    I, for one, would rather have the vaccine and then regain some sense of the freedom that disappeared when covid came.

he makes millions of dollars to  play.  if getting a needle that millions of others are also getting is a requirement to make that money he should probably just get the shot.   if he retires I dont think the  guy has enough star power that any of  us will miss him anyways.

it is his right to retire if he wants.   

I'm not gonna stop  him

Again which doctors and scientists, not all agree. So which one is the right one to listen to? 

7 minutes ago, weepaws said:

Again which doctors and scientists, not all agree. So which one is the right one to listen to? 

from what I can tell, the vast majority say to take the vaccine.

If you wanna pick out the 2 or 3 out of 1000 who says otherwise go ahead.   Darwin's laws apply.  haha

31 minutes ago, Ray_T said:

from what I can tell, the vast majority say to take the vaccine.

If you wanna pick out the 2 or 3 out of 1000 who says otherwise go ahead.   Darwin's laws apply.  haha

Vast majority can be wrong, or have a reason why they want everyone to take the mandemic poison. 

3 hours ago, weepaws said:

Vast majority can be wrong, or have a reason why they want everyone to take the mandemic poison. 

And these doctors gain what from telling everyone to take poison? Weepaws, get off Facebook for a bit and go outside, please.

Big pharma can’t make any profit if we’re all dead. There’s no way they’re trying to kill us. Medicine is intended to do the opposite. Prolong our miserable lives so we can keep getting sick and spending money. Mostly the money part.

4 hours ago, LoOnAtIk said:

And these doctors gain what from telling everyone to take poison? Weepaws, get off Facebook for a bit and go outside, please.

People thought smoking was fine for how many years? 

Give the guy a break, he doesn't want to just do what some doctors say is right. 

• Sad 1

Why anyone still bothers to reply to weepaws is a mystery to me.  He clearly has few faculties left, so it's not as if he's going to respond to reason.

I know, every once in a while he says something so outrageously nonsensical or provocative, it seems like someone just HAS to set him straight--but it ain't gonna happen.  Weepaws is gonna weepaws.

Just let him, and move on.

28 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

Why anyone still bothers to reply to weepaws is a mystery to me.  He clearly has few faculties left, so it's not as if he's going to respond to reason.

I know, every once in a while he says something so outrageously nonsensical or provocative, it seems like someone just HAS to set him straight--but it ain't gonna happen.  Weepaws is gonna weepaws.

Just let him, and move on.

How does relate to Beasley and his decisions as far as the NFL is concerned?

Never been on Facebook 

Big pharma can’t make any profit if we’re all dead. There’s no way they’re trying to kill us. Medicine is intended to do the opposite. Prolong our miserable lives so we can keep getting sick and spending money. Mostly the money part.

Sometimes medicine as been used for the opposite reason it was intended for, doctors have been jailed cause of it, it’s happen right here in good ol Reno.  

1 hour ago, Utilit99 said:

How does relate to Beasley and his decisions as far as the NFL is concerned?

Reading comprehension not your strong suit, eh?  All right, let me walk you through it...

It doesn't.  It relates to avoiding the nonsense which prevents us from discussing relevant football topics, like Beasely and his career decisions.

Hope that helps.

45 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

Reading comprehension not your strong suit, eh?  All right, let me walk you through it...

It doesn't.  It relates to avoiding the nonsense which prevents us from discussing relevant football topics, like Beasely and his career decisions.

Hope that helps.

And your free auction leagues another nonsense that’s doesn’t need a tread.  

16 hours ago, weepaws said:

Get help

• Like 1