Sign in to follow this  
tubby_mcgee

Is this legal?

Why wouldn't it be?  Where is the show filmed?  I guess is smoking weed is still illegal where the show is filmed then yeah it could be illegal.  Otherwise, can't see why it would be.

Oooh. Those old guys are sooo edgy! 

I don't care what these yahoos do but from a legal perspective, TV broadcasts are regulated by the FCC and pot is still illegal at the Federal level so would it therefore be a crime?   I have zero idea.

1 minute ago, Bert said:

I don't care what these yahoos do but from a legal perspective, TV broadcasts are regulated by the FCC and pot is still illegal at the Federal level so would it therefore be a crime?   I have zero idea.

I would imagine it isn’t a “crime” but is some regulatory violation for which they may get admonished or fined. Obviously they don’t care.

I feel like Conan should go into acting, it’d be interesting to see him in a dramatic role.

18 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

I would imagine it isn’t a “crime” but is some regulatory violation for which they may get admonished or fined. Obviously they don’t care.

I feel like Conan should go into acting, it’d be interesting to see him in a dramatic role.

That would make sense.  

22 minutes ago, Bert said:

It's on TBS.  Totally different rules than network TV which use public airwaves.  I'm not even sure cable is regulated by the FCC.

Just now, Strike said:

It's on TBS.  Totally different rules than network TV which use public airwaves.  I'm not even sure cable is regulated by the FCC.

:lol: Goes to show how in tune I am to TV "entertainment"  had no idea it wasn't network.  

1 hour ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

I think its illegal, for the same reason they can't actually show someone drinking beer on tv anymore

Are you sure that's correct?  I've seen people drink on live TV shows plenty of times.

14 hours ago, Strike said:

Why wouldn't it be?  Where is the show filmed?  I guess is smoking weed is still illegal where the show is filmed then yeah it could be illegal.  Otherwise, can't see why it would be.

They sure as fock didn’t film it in Tennessee.

14 hours ago, Strike said:

Marijuana is still a federal crime. Is it likely that the feds would choose to go arrest Conan Obrien, Joe Rogan, Elon musk, and dozens of others who openly smoke on camera? No. But they could if they wanted to.

And if they choose to make examples out of anyone, who better?

3 hours ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

Marijuana is still a federal crime. Is it likely that the feds would choose to go arrest Conan Obrien, Joe Rogan, Elon musk, and dozens of others who openly smoke on camera? No. But they could if they wanted to.

And if they choose to make examples out of anyone, who better?

I am not sure that smoking is a federal crime. It is a Federal crime to possess any amount.  Splitting hairs I know, but if the feds caught you in a park with a joint, it is different than seeing you smoke on tv.

9 minutes ago, TimmySmith said:

I am not sure that smoking is a federal crime. It is a Federal crime to possess any amount.  Splitting hairs I know, but if the feds caught you in a park with a joint, it is different than seeing you smoke on tv.

I'm not aware of any way to smoke it without possessing it... I mean you're holding the joint...

Of course, they could always say it was a joke and it was tobacco, and there would be no way to prove otherwise. 

Again, it would never happen that the feds would go there. Especially under the current candy ass administration. But I wouldn't smoke on TV if I were famous. Why poke the bear.