NFC East Prediction

Dallas- 12-5 

NY Football Giants- 9-8

WFT- 8-9

Eagles- 4-13

Dallas goes to NFC Championship 

• Thanks 2

Just now, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

I have a hard time seeing Dallas win 12 with that defense.

I don’t think anyone has a good defense anymore. Some are better, none are good like the old days. They can get hot, and if Dallas gets it’s running game back, which I think they will, they will be good enough. 

They all seem primed to improve from last year, but still not enough to push for an NFC title. Will be interesting to see how it plays out.

brees retiring

rodgers situation not settled

rams with a new qb

Az/sea/sf... ???

tbb still look pretty strong

i like min from the north

• Thanks 1

The winner of the NFC East this coming season might achieve a .500 record. Last season the division was a massive dumpster fire.

2 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

I don’t think anyone has a good defense anymore. Some are better, none are good like the old days. They can get hot, and if Dallas gets it’s running game back, which I think they will, they will be good enough. 

You will see the Rams with an elite defense this year.

The formula for building an elite team that is a lock to win the Super Bowl is a franchise QB + a great defense.  The great defense part is where everyone gets tripped up.  Football is a game of field position.  A great defense is not really the team that gives up the fewest points.  Its the team that consistently pins the other team deep all day.  Part of that is forcing the other team into lots of 3 and outs.  The other part is special teams.  And special teams is more critical than ever in the modern NFL, where touchbacks go to the 25 instead of the 20.  An elite special teams unit that pins the other team deep all day is a HUGE game changer now.

The Rams had the great defensive unit but their special teams were pretty bad, so the effect of their defense was muted.  But this past offseason, Doug Marrone got fired as head coach of the Jaguars.  He actually employed the best special teams coach in the NFL, Joe DeCamillis.  The Rams got him.  Special teams is a one-year turnaround, too. 

So the tumblers have fallen into place for the Rams. They have a great defensive unit and now will have elite special teams.  Oh and they added QB Matthew Stafford.  Like I say, the Rams are a lock to win the super bowl unless they suffer catastrophic injuries. 

Most people are ignorant about the modern game because they do not understand the impact of moving touchbacks from the 20 to the 25, how that juiced scoring to Jupiter and how it made special teams more important than ever.

3 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

I dunno... the line gets worse each year... zeke was terrible last year...

They were 1-3 with dak last year no?

Sure, I could see them getting hot for a spell, but 12 wins? I just don't see dak able to win THAT many shootouts.

Will be interesting though. That's the only division that I could see any of the 4 teams winning it, or any of the 4 teams being 4th. 

4 hours ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

I have a hard time seeing Dallas win 12 with that defense.

There is no more "that defense", the defense has taken on a total retransformation... Now whether or not the new defense is any better - time will tell, but the 2020 one is gone. 

* New DC, Dan Quinn has taken over. 

* 8 of Dallas' 11 draft picks were defense.... the first 6 were straight defense alone. 

* Dallas made several defensive FA moves. 

* Forget the current depth chart, look for Dallas to have no less than 6 new starters on Defense - possibly even 8. 

* Dallas has the 2nd easiest strength of schedule.

As big of an impact as the new defense will have, the offense will have its own significant impact. Dak returning is obviously huge, but the big 3 up front also return (T. Smith, Z. Martin, L. Collins).... I fully expect this team to win the East, at no less than 10 wins. 12 may be a stretch, but certainly within the realm of possible. 

• Like 1

Don't sleep on NY - they will be much improved. Thank Gawd Garrett is there, that helps. 

PHI and WASH battle for draft positions. 

2 minutes ago, Cruzer said:

There is no more "that defense", that defense has taken on a total retransformation... Now whether or not the new defense is any better - time will tell, but the 2020 one is gone. 

* New DC, Dan Quinn has taken over. 

* 8 of Dallas' 11 draft picks were defense.... the first 6 were straight defense alone. 

* Dallas made several defensive FA moves. 

* Forget what the current depth chart, look for Dallas to have no less than 6 new starters on Defense - possible even 8. 

* Dallas has the 2nd easiest strength of schedule.

As big of an impact as the new defense will have, the offense will have its own significant impact. Dak returning is obviously huge, but the big 3 up front also return (T. Smith, Z. Martin, L. Collins).... I fully expect this team to win the East, at no less than 10 wins. 12 may be a stretch, but certainly within the realm of possible. 

Sure. I agree with all of that. And if I'm putting money on the east, I go dallas. 

At 12 wins I bet the under hard though. Dallas always seems to find ways to fock things up and be a drama show. Until I see otherwise...

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Utilit99 said:

Washington takes the division.

The rest suck.

Could see it. Depends on the fitzmagic to fitxtragic ratio.

I still can't figure why they didn't go for a qb in the draft. If they had moved up for fields instead of Chicago, they could own that division for a decade. 

1 minute ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

Could see it. Depends on the fitzmagic to fitxtragic ratio.

I still can't figure why they didn't go for a qb in the draft. If they had moved up for fields instead of Chicago, they could own that division for a decade. 

Bears killed it on that move up for Fields. Honestly the Giants should have just stayed put and taken him. Jones is like a fumbling Drew Lock at this time. If he has one more year of that, he could be out after next year.

4 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Dallas- 12-5 

NY Football Giants- 9-8

WFT- 8-9

Eagles- 4-13

Dallas goes to NFC Championship 

I love it, and it seems about right :thumbsup:

Barring another injury to Prescott, I personally believe the Cowboys are at least 30-40% better already than they were last year. I do know this though, at least 2 other teams in the NFC East got better as well. 

1. Washington  11-6
    • In division, I have them 4-2 by sweeping the Eagles and splitting with NY and Dallas.  I think they go 3-1 vs the AFC West, losing only @ KC.  The Chargers Week 1 should be a win since it's in Washington.  While Vegas is a road game, I don't think their offense is good enough to beat Washington's stellar defense.  I have them going 3-1 vs NFC South, ATL, NO, & CAR are all going to be sub .500 teams this year, so beating them (2 at home), shouldn't be much of an obstacle.  Their other 3 games are @ Buffalo (loss), @ Green Bay (loss), and home vs Seattle (win).  Seattle doesn't do well on the east coast.  Plus, Washington's defense is a perfect counter to Seattle's offense.
  2. New York  10-7
    • Like Washington, I have them 4-2 in the division.  I think they go 2-2 vs the AFC West because I believe where they differ from Washington, is that they go TO Los Angeles.  I think they lose that game to the Chargers.  Again, like Washington, I see them going 3-1 vs the NFC South by beating ATL, NO, & CAR.  Where I had Washington at 10-4 at this point, I have the Giants at 9-5.  Their last 3 games are vs the Rams (loss), @ Miami (win), @ Chicago (loss).  The Bears game is the proverbial "sandwich game", sitting between a road game vs the Eagles and a home game, season finale, vs Washington.
  3. Dallas  8-9
    • Dallas' defense isn't that good.  It has to be better than last year, but I think that's the big separator among the top 3 teams in this division.  I see the Cowboys going 3-3 in division with splits against everyone.  I see them going 2-2 vs the AFC West, losing to the Chargers and KC.  I think they go 2-2 vs the NFC South, losing to Tampa and New Orleans.  At this point, I have them at 7-7.  In their other 3 games, @ New England (win), @ Minnesota (loss), and vs Arizona (loss).  I can see a win vs AZ and finishing at 9-8.
  4. Philadelphia  3-14
    • The Eagles will be a terrible team.  Their OLine is "meh", WR's still blow, not a fan of Hurts.  I see them going 1-5 in the division, 0-4 vs the AFC West and NFC South.  In these 14 games, I see 1-13.  Their other 3 games are vs San Fran in Week 2 (loss), @ Detroit (win), and @ Jets (win) to close out a season where they get a top 3 draft pick.
  • Like 1

Dallas: 10-7

NYG: 8-9

WASH: 7-10

PHI: 3-14

I'll say it again: the NFC East has not had a repeat division winner since 2004. This WFT and Fitzmagic won't be the one to break that streak. Given their schedule, given the fact they're still the Skins - they won't even make the post season.... Outside of injury to Dak, there's no reason to suspect DAL shouldn't win the division.

With Randy Gregory fully available and finally starting, with Micah Parsons and the rest of the defensive draft picks - that unit has a chance to surprise a lot of folks. 

• Like 1

If they can get Fitzy to only go full Fitzy when they are down a lot then the Skins could be a dangerous team.  Big fan of Fitz Magic.

Skins

Cowboys

Giants

Eagles

People are underestimating the Cowboys, and also underestimating how bad the NFC is as a whole. The NFL is a QB league, amd the Cowboys have one of the best in the conference.  

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Cruzer said:

Dallas: 10-7

NYG: 8-9

WASH: 7-10

PHI: 3-14

I'll say it again: the NFC East has not had a repeat division winner since 2004. This WFT and Fitzmagic won't be the one to break that streak. Given their schedule, given the fact they're still the Skins - they won't even make the post season.... Outside of injury to Dak, there's no reason to suspect DAL shouldn't win the division.

With Randy Gregory fully available and finally starting, with Micah Parsons and the rest of the defense draft picks - that unit has chance to surprise a lot of folks. 

I think this young defense will be both hungry and VERY disruptive! 

Healthy Jarwin & Schultz 

More mature Zeke

Dangerous & competitive WR's

Coaching stability & upgrade

Dak has to prove himself now

Nowadays I don't normally expect success, but this year I do and see things coming together

22 hours ago, Big Guy said:

More mature Zeke

Of all the positive, upbeat things to look forward to in 2021 - Zeke remains an albatross. 

He will be 26 next month and on the books for $13.7m in Cap space.. For a kid that young, at that price, he provides absolute zero explosiveness, zero home run threat - zero fear. Statistically speaking, Pollard was more productive and more a threat than Elliot last year... But the deal is what it is, nothing we can do about it. All we can hope is that Zeke helps more than he hurts, hope he isn't a liability going forward.

Aside from that, I still can't believe all the WFT hype. A team who went 7-9 (with 4 of those against PHI and DAL) and - beat only 1 team with a winning record, lost twice to NYG. This is the team so heavily favored to win the East? 

15 hours ago, TimmySmith said:

WFT 10-7 

Girls  9-8

Ginas 7-10

Philthy 6-11

I actually think this about right.

WFT has the only elite unit (DL) in the division.

Cowgirls are a perennial tease. 

Judge talks like a meathead while going 6-10 and everyone is on the Gints. They’ll be looking for a new HC and QB in 2 years.

Eagles win 6-7. This division sucks.

• Sad 1

22 minutes ago, MDC said:

I actually think this about right.

WFT has the only elite unit (DL) in the division.

Cowgirls are a perennial tease. 

Judge talks like a meathead while going 6-10 and everyone is on the Gints. They’ll be looking for a new HC and QB in 2 years.

Eagles win 6-7. This division sucks.

I'd say you could certainly make the argument that the cowboys WR are elite.

But yeah... yearly tease. Perennially overrated.

Zeke looks like he's deeply in decline. Dak is coming off a shredded knee.

They should win that division... but then, you can say that most years lately.

They are on the “I'll believe it when I see it” list for me. 

29 minutes ago, JustinCharge said:

Kinda depens upon if the Redskins trade for Aaron Rodgers.

I can't see that they have the capital for that. Unless they put young on the table along with at least two firsts. 

1 minute ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

I can't see that they have the capital for that. Unless they put young on the table along with at least two firsts. 

Sometimes players get traded for less than optimal value. Hell Rodgers is in his late 30s.

Just now, JustinCharge said:

Sometimes players get traded for less than optimal value.

Sure, but surely one of the really sh!tty teams, thus having higher picks, would offer theirs up.

I've been saying all along a Watson for Rodgers trade makes sense. 

49 minutes ago, JustinCharge said:

He would never agree to that. He’s a leftist, even though he keeps it under wraps.  Probably why he wants out of Green Bay.  He’s not working for Snyder. 

1 hour ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

He would never agree to that. He’s a leftist, even though he keeps it under wraps.  Probably why he wants out of Green Bay.  He’s not working for Snyder. 

Rodgers wants to win with the little time he has left.  Considering they need a QB and have lots of trade bait, I'd say the Skins would be on a very short list. Not saying it's a good idea for either party. 

3 hours ago, JustinCharge said:

That would change everything for sure. 

Top 3 QB’s in the NFC: 

Rodgers

Brady

Wilson 

Dak is next. And the wheels can come off of Brady at a moments notice and GB is in disarray.  The Cowboys are a contender based on that alone.  Provided he stays healthy, of course. 

For 25 years we have heard Cowboy Fans talk up the Cowboys only to have them fail miserably. I will have to wait and see about this one.

18 hours ago, Baker Boy said:

For 25 years we have heard Cowboy Fans talk up the Cowboys only to have them fail miserably. I will have to wait and see about this one.

get in line behind Shannon Sharpe & Steven A Smiff

Well that's a wrap for this division......and it wasnt' even close. That HT and Cruzer guy pretty much nailed it from the start.

The WFT picks, still giggling at that. And not buying the Fitzmagic excuse either. Losing a 39-year old journeyman QB is not that reason a team sucks - the WFT sucked bcoz they were overrated from the start, especially the defense. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Cruzer said:

Well that's a wrap for this division......and it wasnt' even close. That HT and Cruzer guy pretty much nailed it from the start.

The WFT picks, still giggling at that. And not buying the Fitzmagic excuse either. Losing a 39-year old journeyman QB is not that reason a team sucks - the WFT sucked bcoz they were overrated from the start, especially the defense. 

um...