Sign in to follow this  
edjr

Brian Stelter struggles with ratings quicksand in post-Trump era; CNN show slides to 2021 low

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2021/jun/22/brian-stelter-after-donald-trump-struggles-with-ra/

Ratings in the post-Trump era have not been kind to CNN’s Brian Stelter.

The “Reliable Sources” host’s viewership eroded to a 2021 low over the weekend, with just 656,000 viewers.

Industry competitor Fox News noted the slide on Tuesday with some schadenfreude by citing its 1.14 million viewers in the same timeslot for “MediaBuzz.”

“Stelter’s left-wing media program has now fallen short of the one-million viewer benchmark for 12 straight weeks,” the network reported.

Mr. Stelter, however, isn’t alone when it comes to CNN’s ratings woes — the network as a whole lost 44% of its total audience in the last week of January. 

A 45% drop in prime-time views also occurred in the five weeks prior to a March analysis by The Washington Post.

“Of all Donald Trump‘s prophecies and predictions — that Mexico would pay for a border wall, that the coronavirus would spontaneously disappear, that he would be easily reelected — at least one wasn’t entirely wrong,” Paul Farhi wrote March 22.

Poor pantless troll. What a shame

I have never watched his show or heard him speak, but he has one of those faces you want to take a hammer to. 

• Thanks 1

I called him Brian Seltzer on FBG and one of the resident folks there posted multiple times that he didn't know who was talking about and that he never heard of him.

THATS the kind of intelligence you can get there often

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, supermike80 said:

I called him Brian Seltzer on FBG and one of the resident folks there posted multiple times that he didn't know who was talking about and that he never heard of him.

THATS the kind of intelligence you can get there often

He looks more like a Zima drinker

I lean more left than I do right but all these news stations can suck it. 

2 minutes ago, -Vyse- said:

I lean more left than I do 

Not a good start to your posting career. Take a lap

• Haha 1

Just now, edjr said:

Not a good start to your posting career. Take a lap

Not really. Didn’t vote for Biden but also didn’t vote for Trump. Some of my beliefs align more with the left than the right. Like abortion. But that doesn’t mean I believe antifa or BLM rioting is right. Growing up in Colorado you kinda pick up some left leaning beliefs and I see nothing wrong with that 

21 minutes ago, -Vyse- said:

Not really. Didn’t vote for Biden but also didn’t vote for Trump. Some of my beliefs align more with the left than the right. Like abortion. But that doesn’t mean I believe antifa or BLM rioting is right. Growing up in Colorado you kinda pick up some left leaning beliefs and I see nothing wrong with that 

you lean more left than you do? :wacko:   

Political coverage goes in cycles. The year after an election is a downtime for news shows. I can wish that low ratings means the death kneel for CNN and other corporate media, but they're still chugging along fine as always. Things pick up for midterms, then dip again, then a presidential election goes back to high again.

Like any other entertainment show that loses it's star.  Did we really care about the rest of Roseanne's family? :dunno:

When you product is purely propaganda, and you lose your target, you need to update your propaganda, then need a new boogie man to scare people with

3 minutes ago, RLLD said:

When you product is purely propaganda, and you lose your target, you need to update your propaganda, then need a new boogie man to scare people with

Theyre trying..hard...with republicans in general.   Voting rights, the "riot" etc etc.

Problem is Trump was very polarizing even republicans had issuess with him at times and CNN played on that.

They are trying to paint the entire republican party as evil and it isn't sticking.  because millions and millions of americans agree with the message.

There is a cooling off period after a presidential election.  This also means people will hesitate to judge Biden for a while.  Maybe by the fall, people will be willing to form opinions about him.

36 minutes ago, -Vyse- said:

You’re in the wrong forearm. Here at the Geek Club you’re either a Trump cultist or a non-binary Antifa soyboy who supports Critical Race Theory and firebombing government buildings.

Those are your options chose wisely. :thumbsup: 

1 minute ago, supermike80 said:

Problem is Trump was very polarizing even republicans had issuess with him at times and CNN played on that.

The problem is not that Trump is polarizing.  The problem is the right isn't willing to fight for its beliefs as hard as the left.  Although, this is changing.  The new breed of republicans entering the GOP are disinterested in being classy and willing to have a knife fight.

• Like 1

Just now, JustinCharge said:

The problem is not that Trump is polarizing.  The problem is the right isn't willing to fight for its beliefs as hard as the left.  Although, this is changing.  The new breed of republicans entering the GOP are disinterested in being classy and willing to have a knife fight.

No.  But thanks for your thoughts.

Just now, MDC said:

You’re in the wrong forearm. Here at the Geek Club you’re either a Trump cultist or a non-binary Antifa soyboy who supports Critical Race Theory and firebombing government buildings.

I believe there is no "middle ground" on nationwide riots and looting in US cities.  You either support criminal behavior or defend justice. 

3 minutes ago, MDC said:

And then there’s you. A lying kunty troll. 

5 minutes ago, JustinCharge said:

I believe there is no "middle ground" on nationwide riots and looting in US cities.  You either support criminal behavior or defend justice. 

Yeah the point was that according to the GC partisan hacks you either believe the Orange Messiah farts rainbows or you support burning cities and gender reassigning children.

That’s just how it works here.

2 minutes ago, MDC said:

Yeah the point was that according to the GC partisan hacks you either believe the Orange Messiah farts rainbows or you support burning cities and gender reassigning children.

That’s just how it works here.

Actually, there is plenty of data to suggest that there is no middle ground in America anymore.  Congressional voting patterns have shifted over the past 40 years from widely non-partisan to almost single party all the way. It reminds me of how analytics is taking over sports.  Analytics revealed that trying to hit home runs regardless of batting average is the superior tactic to win, so now everyone is doing it when 40 years ago it wasn't seen.  Analytics reveals that being hyperpartisan in politics is the superior way to win, so now everyone does it.

17 minutes ago, MDC said:

Nah I don’t get down with critical race theory. That’s just racism disguised. More of a middle of the road person but tend to agree with a few more policies on the left than I do on the right. Either way, I’m not going to be political cause I don’t care about politics. If they’d just leave us alone and let us carry on with our lives I’d be happy

8 minutes ago, -Vyse- said:

Nah I don’t get down with critical race theory. That’s just racism disguised. More of a middle of the road person but tend to agree with a few more policies on the left than I do on the right. Either way, I’m not going to be political cause I don’t care about politics. If they’d just leave us alone and let us carry on with our lives I’d be happy

Impossible: You’re either a Trumplican or a cuck. That’s how the GC works. Support Trump or back Critical Race Theory, gender reassignment, rioting in the streets etc.

We come in 2 flavors here. :thumbsup: 

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, MDC said:

Impossible: You’re either a Trumplican or a cuck. That’s how the GC works. Support Trump or back Critical Race Theory, gender reassignment, rioting in the streets etc.

I'll ask you, what middle ground do you find on nationwide riots and looting?

2 minutes ago, MDC said:

Political discussions are a swamp.

4 minutes ago, MDC said:

Yup. And you ain’t on the normal side. 

No doubt Trump was good for ratings, for everyone really. But the right wing rage machine can keep that side going pretty well regardless of who is in office. Not true for Democrats who do things like go outside, talk to pretty women, take up hobbies, etc

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, -Vyse- said:

Exactly what about abortion are you leaning left with?   

5 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

No doubt Trump was good for ratings, for everyone really. But the right wing rage machine can keep that side going pretty well regardless of who is in office. Not true for Democrats who do things like go outside, talk to pretty women, take up hobbies, etc

You forgot, riot, cry about global warming, teach crt, shoot each other, loot, cry racism, dress up like the other sex, wear masks, stay in doors because they are scared of the chinese flu, have weird pride parades, rally against the police, etc. The list is too long for what the left is really doing. 

Oh, and constantly whine about Trump. :lol:

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

Not true for Democrats who do things like go outside, talk to pretty women, take up hobbies, etc

LOL 

4 minutes ago, listen2me 23 said:

Exactly what about abortion are you leaning left with?   

Should have a right to an abortion

Just now, -Vyse- said:

When was the last time abortion wasnt allowed?  Im not understanding your position? You couldnt get an abortion when Trump was president?

2 minutes ago, listen2me 23 said:

When was the last time abortion wasnt allowed?  Im not understanding your position? You couldnt get an abortion when Trump was president?

A lot of the right are against it. That’s what I’m talking about. I’m not about to argue with someone online if that’s what you’re trying to do 

Just now, -Vyse- said:

A lot of the right are against it. That’s what I’m talking about. I’m not about to argue with someone online if that’s what you’re trying to do 

You must be new to the internet

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, -Vyse- said:

A lot of the right are against it. 

Yep. They don't like killing babies. What's your point? :dunno:

• Sad 1

8 minutes ago, -Vyse- said:

You could always get an abortion, even if the law banned it.  They cannot stop you.  In fact, had Roe v Wade never happened, and abortions were "illegal" all this time, by now, the tech to get an abortion done outside the law would be just as good if not better than today's methods.  If they banned abortions today, such tech would quickly arise.  In short, abortion is literally something the law cannot take away at this point.

We're also reaching this point with guns.  Guns won't be able to be banned when 3d printers are pumping them out.

Tech is trickling down to the masses and rendering laws useless left, right and center.

16 minutes ago, JustinCharge said:

I'll ask you, what middle ground do you find on nationwide riots and looting?

None. Almost nobody supports riots and looting. The game you guys play is pretending that every left leaning person does. :thumbsup: 

18 minutes ago, Voltaire said:

Political discussions are a swamp.

Yes they are.

• Sad 1

Just now, -Vyse- said:

Im not trying to argue.  Its just an uninformed opinion that Im helping you see.  

It is like the gheys thinking Republicans are against them.   Nah dude gay marriage and abortions are here to stay.  Just because Republicans are not down with killing babies when they are almost out of the womb doesnt mean traditional abortion is getting axed.

Im all for abortion.  Think of the size of the welfare class we would be burdened with if it wasnt.

10 minutes ago, JustinCharge said:

You could always get an abortion, even if the law banned it.  They cannot stop you.  In fact, had Roe v Wade never happened, and abortions were "illegal" all this time, by now, the tech to get an abortion done outside the law would be just as good if not better than today's methods.  If they banned abortions today, such tech would quickly arise.  In short, abortion is literally something the law cannot take away at this point.

We're also reaching this point with guns.  Guns won't be able to be banned when 3d printers are pumping them out.

Tech is trickling down to the masses and rendering laws useless left, right and center.

The right is always chipping away at abortion rights and would love to outright ban it. Quit lying, this is just ridiculous

• Sad 1