Sign in to follow this  
cyclone24

Drafting considering week 14 byes?

I don’t know about you guys but unless I find some real value from a player on one of these teams would you consider not drafting any of the guys that have a bye week on week 14? Colts dolphins patriots in the Eagles all have a bye.

Maybe I’m over thinking it a little but you could legitimately be in position for a bye week yourself or just making the playoffs and you’re sitting there benching Jonathan Taylor or Miles Gaskin or some thing. 

Just curious if anyone his game planning that a little bit?

Well, you'd probly be benching Jonathan Taylor and Myles Gaskin by Week 8 anyway, so no biggie.

But as long as Week 14 isn't a playoff week for your league, It's just another regular-season bye.  Everyone has one--you just get to take your medicine at the end.

No not concern.  

10 hours ago, cyclone24 said:

I don’t know about you guys but unless I find some real value from a player on one of these teams would you consider not drafting any of the guys that have a bye week on week 14? Colts dolphins patriots in the Eagles all have a bye.

Maybe I’m over thinking it a little but you could legitimately be in position for a bye week yourself or just making the playoffs and you’re sitting there benching Jonathan Taylor or Miles Gaskin or some thing. 

Just curious if anyone his game planning that a little bit?

My league voted to make Week 14 the last week of the regular season, so it's just a normal week like any other.

Yeah I guess that makes sense that you’re just paying for it at the end as opposed to the middle. Just a crappy way to go if you actually need that game to get in.

I would consider it.

If I'm on the fence between two players, and one has week 14 bye, that may be the tie breaker

draft the best player available regardless of position and regardless of bye weeks.  you can always make trades and pick up free agents to cover byes. 

But you never pick a lesser player just because the byes dont work.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ray_T said:

draft the best player available regardless of position and regardless of bye weeks.  you can always make trades and pick up free agents to cover byes. 

But you never pick a lesser player just because the byes dont work.

Amen draft the next player up on your cheat sheet, forget about byes. 

On 6/25/2021 at 5:13 PM, weepaws said:

Amen draft the next player up on your cheat sheet, forget about byes. 

Draft the next player on your cheat sheet that won't be there next round.

3 hours ago, nobody said:

Draft the next player on your cheat sheet that won't be there next round.

Genesis 1:1. 

That’s why the elementary snake drafters as your self come short of the glory of a successful ff season.  

Amen.