2021 All-Star Supplemental Draft: DONE (29 Guests picks skipped)...

The All-Star Game is scheduled for Tuesday, July 13 in Atlanta Denver...

The ASG Supplement Draft will begin on Monday, July 12 at noon 10am ET and finish up by Thursday, July 15 at 4pm ET...  The first game post-ASG is Thursday night at 7pm ET...

The draft will be two rounds and both rounds will be in reverse order of the standings AFTER week 14 is in the books...

Ties will be broken in the following manner, losing team gets higher draft pick:

1. Head-to-Head result...  Each team will have played everyone once and one team twice after week 14...
  2. Combined doubles and triples in week 14...
  3. Combined saves and holds in week 14...
  4. Combined walks and stolen bases in week 14...
  5. Combined complete games and quality starts in week 14...
  6. Number of errors...
  7. Roll of the dice...

The rules are as follows:

• Any player that is in the free agent pool can be drafted by any other team...  Exclusives can be drafted by other teams...  For example, if Strasburg is still on the DL come ASG week and I do not have him rostered, anyone can draft him...
  • Protected players should be on your roster by noon 10am on Monday, July 12...  At that time, I will lock all teams from making any transactions during the Supplemental Draft...  I will put drafted players onto teams when picked...
  • Also, make sure that your roster has two open spots when you draft so I can place your newly drafted player easily on your team...
  • If any trades are made, they will be updated at Yahoo post-draft...
  • If you get skipped during the draft, you can make your pick at any time, but the final deadline is still July 15 at 4pm ET...  After this time, only exclusives can be picked up accordingly...

I don't want to have time limits on drafting, but this has happened in the recent past where owners are skipped because we fall behind and we have to rush to get through the final picks...  I would like to avoid that considering it is only two picks each team is making and there are only 28 picks...

There were three ties that were broken as follows:

Cardinals/Nationals:  Nationals won H2H 13-3 in week 12
Rays/Braves:  Tied H2H 8-8 in week 7.  Combined 2B/3B: Rays - 8; Braves - 15
Indians/Red Sox:  Indians won H2H 9-6 in week 10

DRAFT RESULTS

S1.01 -- Mookz (Orioles) -- German Marquez, P, COL
S1.02 -- 29 Guests (Astros) -- SKIPPED
S1.03 -- BlackClouds (Angels) -- Anthony DeSclafani, P, SF
S1.04 -- dcb291 (Mets) -- Kris Bryant, 3B, CHC
S1.05 -- Jim Mora (Rangers) -- Max Muncy, 1B, LAD
S1.06 -- cmh6476 (Royals) -- Carlos Rodon, P, CWS
S1.07 -- bbascom (Red Sox) -- Freddy Peralta, P, MIL
S1.08 -- ZeroTolerance (Indians) -- Jesse Winker, OF, CIN
S1.09 -- WhiteWonder (Rays) -- Julio Urias, P, LAD
S1.10 -- Burt (Braves) -- Matt Olson, 1B, OAK
S1.11 -- GuardBum (Blue Jays) -- Kyle Hendricks, P, CHC
S1.12 -- lambert58 (Cardinals) -- Chris Bassitt, P, OAK
S1.13 -- posty (Nationals) -- Trevor Rogers, P, MIA
S1.14 -- RaiderHaters Revenge (Padres) -- Pablo Lopez, P, MIA

S2.01 -- Mookz (Orioles) -- Sonny Gray, P, CIN
S2.02 -- 29 Guests (Astros) -- SKIPPED
S2.03 -- BlackClouds (Angels) -- Tyler Mahle, P, CIN
S2.04 -- dcb291 (Mets) -- Javier Baez, SS, CHC
S2.05 -- Jim Mora (Rangers) -- Sean Manaea, P, OAK
S2.06 -- cmh6476 (Royals) -- Eduardo Escobar, 2B, ARI
S2.07 -- bbascom (Red Sox) -- Rhys Hoskins, 1B, PHI
S2.08 -- ZeroTolerance (Indians) -- Zach Eflin, P, PHI
S2.09 -- WhiteWonder (Rays) -- Alex Wood, P, SF
S2.10 -- Burt (Braves) -- Gary Sanchez, C, NYY
S2.11 -- GuardBum (Blue Jays) -- Daulton Varsho, C, ARI
S2.12 -- lambert58 (Cardinals) -- Kenley Jansen, P, LAD
S2.13 -- posty (Nationals) -- Yusei Kikuchi, P, SEA
S2.14 -- RaiderHaters Revenge (Padres) -- Buster Posey, C, SF

@29 Guests is getting skipped and can pick 1.02 at any time...  There has been plenty of notices via email and here that has gone out...  I also skipped him because history of him not getting skipped during the ASG draft is pretty damn high...

proxy for dcb/Mets

1.04 - Kris Bryant, 3B/OF, CHC   (drop Joe Panik)

1.6 Carlos Rodon, SP, CWS

@cmh6476:  I can't add Rodon...  Whom do you want me to cut?

Plus you have 28 players, so you didn't pre-cut like asked above and in emails...  So when you pick next round, you will need to cut someone as well, so you might just want to tell me what two players to cut...

1.09 - Julio Urias, SP, LAD

(please cut Kevin Kiermaier and Alex Colome)

15 hours ago, posty said:

@cmh6476:  I can't add Rodon...  Whom do you want me to cut?

Plus you have 28 players, so you didn't pre-cut like asked above and in emails...  So when you pick next round, you will need to cut someone as well, so you might just want to tell me what two players to cut...

sorry you can cut Jarrod Dyson and Kris Bubic

Proxy for dcb/mets

2.04 - Javier Baez, SS, CHC

2.09 - Alex Wood, SP, SF

2 hours ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

this is by far the oddest pick of the draft

Yes I know.  Posey and Cahna were my other 2 on my list.  Both have injuries.  Not serious and shouldn't be an issue but I don't need more known injuries from what I already have.  If Varsho can do a bit of what he has done in the minors, qualifying at catcher and playing everyday will be an upgrade over my TOR C tandem now that Gomes is also hurt.  Luis Robert may be back late Aug so possibly in time for a playoff run if he gets healthy.  Just need to survive until then.  I'm taking a gamble.

27 minutes ago, GuardBum said:

Yes I know.  Posey and Cahna were my other 2 on my list.  Both have injuries.  Not serious and shouldn't be an issue but I don't need more known injuries from what I already have.  If Varsho can do a bit of what he has done in the minors, qualifying at catcher and playing everyday will be an upgrade over my TOR C tandem now that Gomes is also hurt.  Luis Robert may be back late Aug so possibly in time for a playoff run if he gets healthy.  Just need to survive until then.  I'm taking a gamble.

And here I am, just assuming that you brought back a sports almanac from 2041 with all of the stats for the second-half of the 2021 MLB season.

1 hour ago, GuardBum said:

Well if that doesn’t work out I have 3 catchers now as soon as Nola and grandal are back. And I’m open for business