Sign in to follow this  
Mike FF Today

Hard Knocks: Dallas Cowboys

Fork.  There goes getting CeeDee Lamb in the fourth.  Already had to give up on getting him in the fifth any longer.

Damn, I was really hoping people would still be fixated on last years aberration stats and fading all cowboys.

1 hour ago, tanatastic said:

Damn, I was really hoping people would still be fixated on last years aberration stats and fading all cowboys.

Is that happening?  Elliott is a 1st round pick, Lamb is going in the 3rd, Cooper in the 4th, and Dak in the 5th.  Doesn't look like many, if any, were slacking on them.

4 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Is that happening?  Elliott is a 1st round pick, Lamb is going in the 3rd, Cooper in the 4th, and Dak in the 5th.  Doesn't look like many, if any, were slacking on them.

yeah, thats pretty close to where I'd expect them to go.

I think Zeke is going a couple slots later than he has in past years, but hes still a first round pick

12 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

You can still get Lamb in the early 4th, but it wasn't that long ago you could get him in the 5th.  Loved those Adams/Mixon/Mahomes/Carson/Lamb drafts in early June...

17 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

You can still get Lamb in the early 4th, but it wasn't that long ago you could get him in the 5th.  Loved those Adams/Mixon/Mahomes/Carson/Lamb drafts in early June...

That stuff happens all the time, it's just a matter of people paying more attention.  I guess my only point is that I don't think Hard Knocks has anything to do with it.

30 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

That’s all recent then. As little as a few weeks ago the sentiment was Zeke is a washed up 2nd rounder cuz last season stats, the offense can’t score cuz last season stats and people completely forgot about Coopers hot start.

1 minute ago, tanatastic said:

That’s all recent then. As little as a few weeks ago the sentiment was Zeke is a washed up 2nd rounder cuz last season stats, the offense can’t score cuz last season stats and people completely forgot about Coopers hot start.

https://fantasyfootballcalculator.com/adp

I changed the date to go from April 1 to June 30.  In PPR leagues, Elliott was never later than pick 1.10 and he's now 1.06.  He was at 1.07 or better since May 13th.  That doesn't say "washed up 2nd rounder" to me.  Copper has been either pick 4.04 or 4.05 in that same time frame and Lamb went from 4.08 to 4.02.  In the last 3 months, the only change seems to be that people think Lamb is going to take a step up and be better than Cooper this year.

I think Cooper's hot start was more a by-product of having the worst defense in the NFL.  That's not going to be replicated this year.  I don't think they'll be great, but they will be better.

I’ve never seen the Zeke ADP lower then a mid first round pick, now I started mocking in June.  

17 hours ago, TBayXXXVII said:

I changed the date to go from April 1 to June 30.  In PPR leagues, Elliott was never later than pick 1.10 and he's now 1.06.  He was at 1.07 or better since May 13th.  That doesn't say "washed up 2nd rounder" to me.  Copper has been either pick 4.04 or 4.05 in that same time frame and Lamb went from 4.08 to 4.02.  In the last 3 months, the only change seems to be that people think Lamb is going to take a step up and be better than Cooper this year.

I think Cooper's hot start was more a by-product of having the worst defense in the NFL.  That's not going to be replicated this year.  I don't think they'll be great, but they will be better.

Two items of note this past week referencing Cooper. One is his recovery from surgery. Along with Ridley I'd hesitate to take either one early due their lower body conditions. WR's with damaged wheels give me pause.

The second story about Cooper was the not so subtle shot concerning his laid back, almost nonchalant attitude that allegedly has upset teammates. I can't remember who mentioned it but it was a very prominent, former WR. Anyone else see that story this week?

On 7/10/2021 at 6:56 AM, wolves111 said:

The second story about Cooper was the not so subtle shot concerning his laid back, almost nonchalant attitude that allegedly has upset teammates. I can't remember who mentioned it but it was a very prominent, former WR. Anyone else see that story this week?

Not sure if it's the same story, but about two weeks ago former Cowboys bench warmer and Jaguars 5-time pro-bowler, Jimmy Smith, ripped Cooper for his "lack of effort".

1 minute ago, Mr. Landry said:

Not sure if it's the same story, but about two weeks ago former Cowboys bench warmer and Jaguars 5-time pro-bowler, Jimmy Smith, ripped Cooper for his "lack of effort".

Can I ask you a question, what’s your take on the wr situation with the Cowboys, I know Lamb is the one everyone wants, but do you think value wise based on the above info that Gallup based on his ADP could be a real jewel of a pick? 

5 minutes ago, weepaws said:

Can I ask you a question, what’s your take on the wr situation with the Cowboys, I know Lamb is the one everyone wants, but do you think value wise based on the above info that Gallup based on his ADP could be a real jewel of a pick? 

In my opinion, Gallup is the best value of the Cowboys receivers.  He's being drafted as a WR4/5 and I think he has WR3 potential.  He had over 100 targets and over 800 yards last year with the likes of Ben DiNucci throwing to him.  I saw a stat where he was averaging over 65 yards a game in the four games with Dak last year.  That projects out to north of 1,000 yards.  I certainly think he's a lock to outperform his current ADP.

31 minutes ago, Mr. Landry said:

In my opinion, Gallup is the best value of the Cowboys receivers.  He's being drafted as a WR4/5 and I think he has WR3 potential.  He had over 100 targets and over 800 yards last year with the likes of Ben DiNucci throwing to him.  I saw a stat where he was averaging over 65 yards a game in the four games with Dak last year.  That projects out to north of 1,000 yards.  I certainly think he's a lock to outperform his current ADP.

Thank you. 

3 hours ago, weepaws said:

I think that's a long shot he's better than a flex option.

Gallup is gonna be limited to mostly deep balls, because he is excellent in the air battling for the ball. He will certainly hit some big plays and have some big games, but he won't be consistent as a fantasy option.

Gallup is an excellent WR, but I think his role with the Cowboys will limit his upside. We probably won't really know what that truly is until he hits the FA market and gets on another team, if that happens.

But his value could be better if Cooper isn’t ready. 

And right now his value from the mocks I’ve been in he’s being drafted as a wr5, and he avg only one point less per game then Lamb and Cooper. Non ppr  

So we’ll see what happens and how mr Cooper responds. 

On 7/9/2021 at 2:44 PM, TBayXXXVII said:

well, if the defense is bad, The WR's will do better.  

if the defense improves, Zeke will do better with more positive game scripts.

cant possibly be worse than last year.

No matter the Def. The Zeke will do better with a better Qb. 

40 minutes ago, weepaws said:

No matter the Def. The Zeke will do better with a better Qb. 

well, the whole team was a trainwreck.   Oline  injuries  starting QB out.  defense played  crappy

with negative game scripts all over the place and a line full of backups I'm amazed zeke did as well as he did last season.

well not amazed. Zeke is a really good RB.   but you get my drift.

I'd give him a mulligan for last season.  

I know, and that’s why no matter the def he’s going to have a better season, healthy Qb and oline. B

9 hours ago, Ray_T said:

well, if the defense is bad, The WR's will do better.  

if the defense improves, Zeke will do better with more positive game scripts.

cant possibly be worse than last year.

Well, it certainly can be both.  The defense can improve and still be bad.  What were they, like 30th?  They could be 20th.  That's still bad, but improved.

16 hours ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Well, it certainly can be both.  The defense can improve and still be bad.  What were they, like 30th?  They could be 20th.  That's still bad, but improved.

fair comment.

though even if the  defense  doesnt improve one bit, an offense that moves the ball and keeps the defense off the field will help the defense numbers automatically.

if the offense spends an extra 5 minutes on the field due to extended drives that automatically helps the D

7 hours ago, Ray_T said:

fair comment.

though even if the  defense  doesnt improve one bit, an offense that moves the ball and keeps the defense off the field will help the defense numbers automatically.

if the offense spends an extra 5 minutes on the field due to extended drives that automatically helps the D

Agreed.  A bad defense does allow a good offense to be more productive.  The funny thing is that Hard Knocks usually exaggerates the team.  It's possible that they make it seem like the Cowboys defense is a lot better than what it really is.  The result could have the opposite affect of what people here are thinking.  Instead of propping up the offensive players, Hard Knocks may lead people to think that the defense is good and hence reducing the roll of the offense and pushing Cooper, Lamb, and Dak down the draft board.