Sign in to follow this  
Mike FF Today

Round One-Three Commentary - July Mock 2021

With today being a holiday for most, I expect a slow day. Remote might want to pop a Xanax now. 

7 minutes ago, shovelheadt said:

With today being a holiday for most, I expect a slow day. Remote might want to pop a Xanax now. 

Haha

Mike…I sent you my pick for this round. Stepping outside to do some yard work. Thanks!

Hello fellas. Today is the full last day of my vacation. We have decided to make it a do nothing and rest day. I will be eagerly refreshing every 2 minutes. That is all

• Like 1

heading out, will have my phone on me but sent a list to Mike so he can make my pick at will. :thumbsup:

I apologize guys. I don't know why, but I was thinking that this was starting tomorrow morning. Sorry for the delay.

ICEMAN

I really felt I needed to go RB here and there are 3 I'm not touching.  I considered one other back here but went with Jones.  His adp is around 11 but I like what he was offers.

When I drew the 7th spot, I was pretty sure this would be my pick.  Although, one other player fell that gave me reason to debate.  Elliott had a down year last year, but was playing injured without most of his line or his QB...he was RB4 last year with Prescott under center.  Reports (and videos) show him with a definite spring in his step and I expect a bounce back year.  One in which he'll finish as a top 5 back (as he was prior to last year).  

And putting all that aside, he plays for the Cowboys.  What's not to like?

19 minutes ago, Mr. Landry said:

When I drew the 7th spot, I was pretty sure this would be my pick.  Although, one other player fell that gave me reason to debate.  Elliott had a down year last year, but was playing injured without most of his line or his QB...he was RB4 last year with Prescott under center.  Reports (and videos) show him with a definite spring in his step and I expect a bounce back year.  One in which he'll finish as a top 5 back (as he was prior to last year).  

And putting all that aside, he plays for the Cowboys.  What's not to like?

What’s not to like?…….He plays for the Cowgirls!

Time for the Grrrrryou to snipe my selection.

Just now, The Football Guru said:

I hope I did a fine job 😎

You did. That was my pick!! I was willing to bite on him......maybe not the first 2 games or so, but after that Barkley will be like gold. 

I took Chubb as my consolation. It's PPR so I am not overly excited about him, but BPA IMHO.

Barkley was going to be my pick at 5 but I took him in the June mock and wanted to switch it up 

1 hour ago, robb said:

You did. That was my pick!! I was willing to bite on him......maybe not the first 2 games or so, but after that Barkley will be like gold. 

I took Chubb as my consolation. It's PPR so I am not overly excited about him, but BPA IMHO.

I haven't started my workload projections yet, but I have a feeling I"m going to love Chubb this year. I just didn't think I could pass on Barkley's 70-catch (plus) upside.

Luckily I set a reminder for myself. I was out fishing when I made my pick. Couldn’t believe I got the first overall pick since I also had it in the June mock.

My pick was an easy one to make with McCaffrey. He’s a stud runner and is amazing in the passing game. 

I had the same first two picks last year, and I can't argue against trying again.  Kelce was definitely in play if he was still available, I was actually debating whether to go WR/TE or RB/TE.  It's still too early for me too wait on Davante at this spot, he could be the WR1 if everything gets smoothed out.

This will be by Michael Snipe draft….I had Mixon ready to select and ol’ Ralphster Snipped him right in front of me.

Akers…could be a PPR monster, but could also injure himself. Top 3 RB at end of last season so hoping he’ll follow that trend this year. Had one other RB considering, oh well.

2 minutes ago, robb said:

This will be by Michael Snipe draft….I had Mixon ready to select and ol’ Ralphster Snipped him right in front of me.

Akers…could be a PPR monster, but could also injure himself. Top 3 RB at end of last season so hoping he’ll follow that trend this year. Had one other RB considering, oh well.

Mixon is on my don't touch list with Zeke and Saquon.

Another "upvote" for Barkley.  He was the one that fell that made me debate.  I don't like the fact that he's coming off an ACL tear, I think the Giants O-line is one of the worst in the league,  they've upgraded their receiving core and he plays for the Giants.  Those facts swung me toward Elliott.

Mixon helped kill my high-stakes team last year, so I have a personal grudge against him.   But he was a top ten back until he got hurt last year.  With Bernard elsewhere, I think he can easily replicate that...assuming he doesn't get hurt.  I like the pick.

28 minutes ago, Mike FF Today said:

Ridley at 2.08 seems like stealing.

Agree!

Metcalf a minor steal at 2.08

Was hoping Ridley or Metcalf would fall to me, but I'll risk Brown. I think he closes out a tier. And there are still enough RBs out there I like to see what falls to me in the third.

I got my stud RB in the first so I figured I needed to lock up two good WRs, especially with it being PPR.  I might have gone with RB but I didn't see one I liked and I know there won't be much for WR1 the next time my pick comes around.