Sign in to follow this  
DonS

Get your shopping done early in San Fran

3 minutes ago, DonS said:

Sounds like shoplifting is so bad in SF and other California cities that stores like Target and Walgreens have to close their stores early.

https://www.foxbusiness.com/lifestyle/target-walgreens-close-early-thefts-in-california-stores

Their futures should just be to locate their stores in safe areas. Mostly if not all white. Areas where people respect the law. So therefore, conservative run cities and states. 

13 minutes ago, DonS said:

Sounds like shoplifting is so bad in SF and other California cities that stores like Target and Walgreens have to close their stores early.

https://www.foxbusiness.com/lifestyle/target-walgreens-close-early-thefts-in-california-stores

Shoplifting is no longer a crime here. As long as you keep it under $950 it's all your's. Only us suckers still pay for sh!t. 

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, 5-Points said:

Shoplifting is no longer a crime here. As long as you keep it under $950 it's all your's. Only us suckers still pay for sh!t. 

That's the statewide cutoff, or does it vary by city/county? 

9 minutes ago, DonS said:

That's the statewide cutoff, or does it vary by city/county? 

Statewide. We can't have the rural areas enforcing their own laws. :nono:

targets and walmarts increasingly are removing anything valuable from the floor.  the electronics department is mostly empty tables and shelves.  plenty of cheap goods like clothes, food, toiletries.  

1 minute ago, JustinCharge said:

targets and walmarts increasingly are removing anything valuable from the floor.  the electronics department is mostly empty tables and shelves.  plenty of cheap goods like clothes, food, toiletries.  

So they are turning in Goodwill stores? Great.

Just now, Utilit99 said:

So they are turning in Goodwill stores? Great.

pretty accurate.

Maybe they should rename their store so they aren't as much of a target?

I'm sorry. 

12 minutes ago, 5-Points said:

Statewide. We can't have the rural areas enforcing their own laws. :nono:

FFS

Doesn’t surprise me. State has gone downhill so quickly. Such a shame cause it used to be one of the best states

This isn't anything new, & it's not unique to California.

In the fall of 2019, (months before corona) I stopped @ my local South Central Minnesota Hy-Vee grocery store @ around 10:20 PM. 

10 minutes later I heard an announcement over the PA "Store will be closing in 1/2 hour"

There's 2 of these grocery stores in my town, & they'd always been open 24-7

I asked the checkout lady why they were closing at 11 ?... She didn't pull any punches.

Late night shoplifting is killing us.

5 minutes ago, easilyscan said:

This isn't anything new, & it's not unique to California.

In the fall of 2019, (months before corona) I stopped @ my local South Central Minnesota Hy-Vee grocery store @ around 10:20 PM. 

10 minutes later I heard an announcement over the PA "Store will be closing in 1/2 hour"

There's 2 of these grocery stores in my town, & they'd always been open 24-7

I asked the checkout lady why they were closing at 11 ?... She didn't pull any punches.

Late night shoplifting is killing us.

Public caning would remedy this in no time.  

Have it outside the courthouse every Saturday afternoon.  Sell cotton candy and hotdogs.  

I'd be there with bells on.

Probably white supremacists.

1 hour ago, fandandy said:

Public caning would remedy this in no time.  

Have it outside the courthouse every Saturday afternoon.  Sell cotton candy and hotdogs.  

I'd be there with bells on.

I'd be right there with you.

Adrian Peterson could do the caning.

6 hours ago, DonS said:

“This has been a problem going on for years. We have been diligently trying to find solutions to this, including pending legislation to continue funding for the Organized Retail Task Force. We are trying to attack it from all different ways. Our priority is the safety of our employees and consumers. We can’t have our security guards going after this – they are not law enforcement," CRA President and CEO Rachel Michelin said in a statement.

That’s the ticket, they need a task force to figure out the problem$#@! 

:lol: 

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Old School said:

They’re just trying to feed their families....

They. They just tryin to feed they families. Come on man 

6 hours ago, Cdub100 said:

Probably white supremacists.

Actually it seems a lot of it may be from an  “organized retail crime group,” so I’m not sure we know what race the majority of perpetrators are if that’s what you’re getting at.

https://www.newsweek.com/san-franciscos-organized-shoplifting-surge-prompts-target-cut-operating-hours-1606674?amp=1

29 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

Actually it seems a lot of it may be from an  “organized retail crime group,” so I’m not sure we know what race the majority of perpetrators are if that’s what you’re getting at.

https://www.newsweek.com/san-franciscos-organized-shoplifting-surge-prompts-target-cut-operating-hours-1606674?amp=1

Nope white supremacists trump supporters. Most likely proud boys members.

35 minutes ago, Cdub100 said:

Nope white supremacists trump supporters. Most likely proud boys members.

I'm  a self appointed proud boy. I just am not sure how to be officially labeled as one. :( 

I can appreciate how devious this plan really is. Make stores convert to online only so that everyone has no choice but to stay home.

Get law abiding citizens so pissed at the crime that they decide to take the law into their own hands. 

They start taking out some of the real trash in this country. Now there are fewer pieces of shlt out there, and they get to lock up the people who are willing to fight for their home.

12 hours ago, TimHauck said:

The shoplifting may have become organized, but it's only become a problem since SF adopted laws and policies that made it worthwhile to shoplift.  SF is run by libs.  That's why libs are being blamed for this.  Do you not get that?

1 hour ago, Frozenbeernuts said:

I can appreciate how devious this plan really is. Make stores convert to online only so that everyone has no choice but to stay home.

Get law abiding citizens so pissed at the crime that they decide to take the law into their own hands. 

They start taking out some of the real trash in this country. Now there are fewer pieces of shlt out there, and they get to lock up the people who are willing to fight for their home.

Instead of taking the law into their own hands, people would start hiring the mafia to do it for them.  Basically, protection money...to be protected in their own communities since the politicians won't allow the cops to do it.

2 hours ago, Strike said:

The shoplifting may have become organized, but it's only become a problem since SF adopted laws and policies that made it worthwhile to shoplift.  SF is run by libs.  That's why libs are being blamed for this.  Do you not get that?

This is fair, athough pretty much every city is run by libs.

However I think cdub wanted to make it known that the libs were actually the ones committing the crimes.

59 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

This is fair, athough pretty much every city is run by libs.

However I think cdub wanted to make it known that the libs were actually the ones committing the crimes.

1)  This is untrue.  Do you have any idea how many cities there are in the US?  Just because we talk about places like SF, LA, Portland, and the like more than others doesn't mean almost every city is run by LIbs.  I live in the Denver metro region, but I live i a suburb about 10 miles south of downtown Denver.  But just within about 20 miles from downtown Denver in all directions you have cities called Brroomfield, Westminster, Thornton, Englewood, Arvada, Lakewood, Littleton, and Highlands ranch.  I'm probably missing a bunch.  Those are all their own cities.  I can't say what the political leanings of each city is but the point is there a LOT of small cities you never hear about.  And most don't have these issues.

When you find these types of issues it can almost always be traced back to the laws/polices of the city in question, and in almost if not all cases the political leanings of that city and/or government lean left.  Is this really a  point of contention?

2)  It's nice of you to speak for Cdub.  If I were speaking for him, I'd say he was just being sarcastic.  But if you're not sure you could ask him.

11 minutes ago, Strike said:

1)  This is untrue.  Do you have any idea how many cities there are in the US?  Just because we talk about places like SF, LA, Portland, and the like more than others doesn't mean almost every city is run by LIbs.  I live in the Denver metro region, but I live i a suburb about 10 miles south of downtown Denver.  But just within about 20 miles from downtown Denver in all directions you have cities called Brroomfield, Westminster, Thornton, Englewood, Arvada, Lakewood, Littleton, and Highlands ranch.  I'm probably missing a bunch.  Those are all their own cities.  I can't say what the political leanings of each city is but the point is there a LOT of small cities you never hear about.  And most don't have these issues.

When you find these types of issues it can almost always be traced back to the laws/polices of the city in question, and in almost if not all cases the political leanings of that city and/or government lean left.  Is this really a  point of contention?

2)  It's nice of you to speak for Cdub.  If I were speaking for him, I'd say he was just being sarcastic.  But if you're not sure you could ask him.

Sorry, I meant every major city.  Not Broomfield Colorado.

50 minutes ago, Strike said:

The state legislature in Colorado is also democrat tho.  So there's a LOT of leftists there.

Serious question: If shoplifting under a certain amount is not prosecuted and store employees don’t stop shoplifters, how is there a single thing left in the stores priced under the limit? :dunno:

1 hour ago, frank said:

Serious question: If shoplifting under a certain amount is not prosecuted and store employees don’t stop shoplifters, how is there a single thing left in the stores priced under the limit? :dunno:

:lol: Everything should be priced at $950.01. And you need coupons to bring them down to the real price, only available after paying for it.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, frank said:

I assume the moral code of the public is still crumbling after passing prop 47.  Either shoplifting is getting worse or more and more businesses are going under as we go along, or both.

I have the solution. Shooting shoplifters is no longer a crime. 

As long as you keep it under 950. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, 5-Points said:

I have the solution. Shooting shoplifters is no longer a crime. 

As long as you keep it under 950. 

That would be a dream job.

Just wait till they start, or I mean restart bitching about food deserts in urban areas. Yeah you kinda did that to yourself, dumbass...