Sign in to follow this  
Mike FF Today

Round Four-Six Commentary - July Mock 2021

Worm, those two picks were steals at this point in the draft.

ICEMAN

Happy to get Carson before the position falls off soon.  There were a few names I was debating for WR, but went with Evans who should be able to have yet another double-digit TD season.

The decent RBs are gone so I'm scooping up top WRs.  I'm banking on McCaffrey carrying that position for me and hopefully I can find some late gems while others are getting their WRs.  I think Godwin is fantastic for my WR3 and Hockenson can be a top 4 TE in the league, plus, he's a Hawkeye!

Excellent value on Julio. I'm not particularly high on him, but I would have taken him over Thielen if I didn't already have Henry and Brown. I was hoping/dreading him making it back to my 5th.

First year in this league, not sure how it views QBs, but they normally QB avoidant June Mock absolutely decimated the QB depth in the 5th & 6th rounds. Murray's a difference maker, and I don't think any others in this tier (and maybe not the next tier) would have made it back to me.

Yes, like the June Mock….. let the QB Run begin.

A round too early for Chase, but I have Higgins in the other mock and I'm interested to see the comparison. Hoping he turns out like my pick of Jefferson last year. 

im not sure what to make of Julio. I think he is bound to be a better real life asset for the Titans than a fantasy asset to his owners. With his age, recent nagging injuries, the Titans reliance on the run game and AJ Brown in place as the WR1, im not saying hed be on my DND list but there are likely others I would pick with higher upside. 

Dak is a great pick here RC. I may be in a minority here, but I think he could be the QB1 this year. Almost took him instead of Allen. Great potential with his 3 WRs and Elliott to keep the defenses honest.

I passed over Dak for a different QB in the June mock.  I made that QB selection with my 5.03.  I feel Allen might lead all qb's this season in fantasy points in a ppr league, his legs being the difference.  Murray might make the next step with his weapons, but Lamar is limited by his arm.  I have the QB's Allen, Mahomes, Murry, then Lamar/Dak/????? (crapshoot)

Got sniped on my boy Dak and felt the drop off after him didn't warrant a QB selection at this time.  I think DJ Moore is a solid WR2 and was quite happy to secure him as my WR3.  I think both he and Woods can flirt with WR1 numbers and I'm feeling good about my RB/WR core.

4 minutes ago, The Football Guru said:

I'm ready for some people to throw some nasty stuff at me with this pick at 6.04.

i was looking at him for either this round or next

Well that hurt.  I was all set to take either Pitts or Herbert and they went the two picks right in front of me.  I'll take Goedert as a consolation prize (who could very easily outperform Pitts, so I've got that going for me).  If Ertz is out, and all indications say he will be, Goedert provides top-five upside.  The only negative is he plays for Philthadelphia.  Although he does have an awesome first name...

I was *this close* to taking Goedert at the turn, I hoped he would make it back to me (he made it to the 7/8 turn in the June Mock).  That could be a real nice pick.

57 minutes ago, Vikings4ever said:

I was hoping one of the JAX backs would last to me, but I'll risk Williams.

You would have gotten one if Mostert hadn’t been taken right before me. 

3 minutes ago, shovelheadt said:

You would have gotten one if Mostert hadn’t been taken right before me. 

makes me feel better as i was wavering between Mostert and Etienne. 

I love Herbert. I think he is the best value qb beside whoever comes from the 10th round or later and finishes in the top 5

13 hours ago, The Football Guru said:

I'm ready for some people to throw some nasty stuff at me with this pick at 6.04.

When you made this statement,  I was confused as I thought that was a great place to take him.  I now, very belatedly, realize you already have Waller.   So, yes, you deserve some nasty stuff thrown your way.  Curse you!  🤬

My original thought was to go RB then QB at the turn here but Rodgers was gone and I knew I really needed RB depth.  Much easier to grab a QB late than it is a decent RB, so two RBs it is.