Sign in to follow this  
Fumbleweed

**2021 British Open (Open Championship) Thread**

4 minutes ago, supermike80 said:

Way better than the US open.   Actually saw a golfer (Morikawa) play tough when things got interesting.  He made some awesome putts and par saves.  Unlike the US Open when it seemed to be a contest to see who would choke the most.

Would have been a little more interesting if weather mattered on Sunday, but still was a great final round to watch.

The course was weak and sad. Without wind, it was there for taking.  Was way too easy to hit fairways this weekend

2 minutes ago, kutulu said:

Morikawa seems like a cool dude :bandana:

If there are any good parts of being Asian, he got them

21 minutes ago, supermike80 said:

Way better than the US open.   Actually saw a golfer (Morikawa) play tough when things got interesting.  He made some awesome putts and par saves.  Unlike the US Open when it seemed to be a contest to see who would choke the most.

Would have been a little more interesting if weather mattered on Sunday, but still was a great final round to watch.

Agree * 10.   I couldn't believe with the pressure Spieth was putting on him on the back 9, that he kept  saving pars and making some 10-12 foot putts. He's only 24!  :shocking:

it was fun to watch but I prefer the nasty open championship conditions.. more wind, a little rain.. it's what makes the open leaderboards usually feature some surprises. Really were not any. Man bun Siem for a little bit?   It was Morikawa, Ossthuizen, Spieth. Could have been a Masters leaderboard. You look down a little and see Koepka, DJ, Hovland, Scheffler. Dylan Fritelli is probably the most odd name to see that high in a major. 

On 7/16/2021 at 8:18 PM, Cruzer said:

I'm not sure why, but I'm getting a little tired of the Louie Oostie schtick. 

On 7/17/2021 at 10:20 PM, Cruzer said:

Omg, did Spieth shiit the bed or what? Not only did he bogey 17 and 18 - but those were 2 of the most gawd awful giveaway bogies you will ever see. 

He's gonna come up 2 short you watch, and he's gonna be sick. 

Both came to fruition - Oosty Lehman delieverd with his usual schtick, Jordan was killed by his bogey/bogey finish Saturday. 

* But wow, how great to have the Open back. Wish the weather would have played a bigger part, but that's what you get sometimes. 

* We can debate the distance issue till the cows come home, in the end - those who hit greens and who can putt win majors. 

* NBC killed it, did a fantastic job with the coverage. I've always been a Zinger fan in the booth and Dan Hicks was solid as always. 

* The CBS exec who canned Feherty for Dottie Pepper should be tarred and feathered. One of the dumbest Woke calls in the history of calls - and that's saying something. 

* Morikawa is the real deal - he'll never be Tiger, but he's on his way to being bigger than Rory. 

• Like 1

On 7/17/2021 at 1:37 PM, Cruzer said:

The Louis schtick is: 3 straight days of Louis on the leaderboard, 24/7 Louis, Louis, Louis coverage

Does this make you frustrated?

1 minute ago, posty said:

Does this make you frustrated?

I'd watch 20 days of Louis coverage over baseball - what a shiit tv sport. :lol:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Cruzer said:

I'd watch 20 days of Louis coverage over baseball - what a shiit tv sport. :lol:

I wasn't even talking baseball...  I was just wondering what you thought of all the constant coverage?

18 minutes ago, posty said:

I wasn't even talking baseball...  I was just wondering what you thought of all the constant coverage?

You have to cover him, he was leading.. The coverage isn't the issue, the person is. 

And as usual, he faded away and was a non-Sunday story. 

5 hours ago, Cruzer said:

* The CBS exec who canned Feherty for Dottie Pepper should be tarred and feathered. One of the dumbest Woke calls in the history of calls - and that's saying something. 

Amen!  Second dumbest move in sports behind trading Ruth.