Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
IGotWorms

WR N’Keal Harry demands trade

Recommended Posts

Wide receiver N'Keal Harry's agent said in a statement Tuesday that he has formally requested the New England Patriots trade his client.

"For the past several months, I have been working in cooperation with the Patriots behind the scenes to put a plan in place to allow N'Keal to thrive in New England. Through two seasons, he has 86 targets, which obviously hasn't met the expectations the Patriots and N'Keal had when they drafted a dominant downfield threat who was virtually unstoppable at the point of attack in college. Following numerous conversations with the Patriots, I believe it's time for a fresh start and best for both parties if N'Keal moves on before the start of training camp. That is why I have informed the Patriots today I am formally requesting a trade on behalf of my client," agent Jamal Tooson said in the statement.


 

Does anyone care?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lol oh my soul.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What a tool. You are in no position to be making demands.

ICEMAN

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They should send him to Chicago until he learns to keep his mouth shut.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, IGotWorms said:

Does anyone care?

Maybe those in 20 team leagues? I would rather roster a scrub like Trequan Smith over Harry...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd say he's worth a shot to someone if he's waived, or is a FA next year and he comes in for the veteran minimum. But for someone to give something for him, then have to pay his first round salary. GTFO! 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is there a worse kiss of death than being a WR drafted by Belichick in the early rounds? Might as well retire immediately

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, IGotWorms said:

Is there a worse kiss of death than being a WR drafted by Belichick in the early rounds?

You could be a QB drafted by the Bears.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think Mac Jones will have the qb job  by mid year. Harry may want to stick around.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think M Jones will be the Pats starting Qb within the first three weeks of the regular season, but I wouldn’t be surprised if he’s the opening day starter.  

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Since we’re making predictions: Mac Jones doesn’t start at all this year, barring (a real) injury

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, IGotWorms said:

Since we’re making predictions: Mac Jones doesn’t start at all this year, barring (a real) injury

That’s not going to be true. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/7/2021 at 10:50 AM, remote controller said:

They might as well cut him.  They will get zero interest unless some college QB has caught on somewhere.

hard to say for sure.

There are other pros who came here and just couldnt fit into the offense.  some who were talented.

I think because he was so well regarded comeing out of college he will get a shot somewhere.  but may have to take a pay cut to do it.

I agree, hes not got a lot of leverage, so it is unlikely to be a move that will help his career.  but if he wants out, he may get what he wishes.  but not likely the end result he thinks he will get.

on the other hand if he knows hes not a fit in New England, but feels he will fit elsewhere, sometimes you gotta bet on yourself.   Thing is... other teams have to feel you are a fit too.  if they dont, he may find himself out of a job and with no money coming in.   He has the security of a contract.   its a tough thing to walk from when your performance does not actually match your income.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He's a jump ball receiver.  Those guys are going out of style more and more since you can't touch receivers.  Why throw a jump ball when you can throw to a guy who has 2 yards of separation?  That's why we see this proliferation of these 5'9" 180 lb receivers these days.  Teams want guys that can get open instead of big guys that can when a 50/50 ball.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, nobody said:

He's a jump ball receiver.  Those guys are going out of style more and more since you can't touch receivers.  Why throw a jump ball when you can throw to a guy who has 2 yards of separation?  That's why we see this proliferation of these 5'9" 180 lb receivers these days.  Teams want guys that can get open instead of big guys that can when a 50/50 ball.

fair enough. 

I will also add you need the type of QB that can throw a ball with pinpoint accuracy to a point where only he can get it on a jump.

Romo was especially good at making those throws to Dez Bryant who was (arguably) the same type of player. 

They would line up. I knew where the ball was going, so did the defense, but that didnt matter.  Romo would hit the spot, Dez would jump and get the ball.  separation didnt matter all that much on those plays.

Brady was capable of doing that too. but hes not in New England anymore.  he was also so good on his reads he likely hit the open man without having to go to the jump ball option as you mentioned above.

perhaps a good reason why he wasnt a fit in NE.    Newton is now in, and he is no Brady.  I think we can all agree on that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Ray_T said:

fair enough. 

I will also add you need the type of QB that can throw a ball with pinpoint accuracy to a point where only he can get it on a jump.

Romo was especially good at making those throws to Dez Bryant who was (arguably) the same type of player. 

They would line up. I knew where the ball was going, so did the defense, but that didnt matter.  Romo would hit the spot, Dez would jump and get the ball.  separation didnt matter all that much on those plays.

Brady was capable of doing that too. but hes not in New England anymore.  he was also so good on his reads he likely hit the open man without having to go to the jump ball option as you mentioned above.

perhaps a good reason why he wasnt a fit in NE.    Newton is now in, and he is no Brady.  I think we can all agree on that.

Yes. N’Keal was supposed to replace what Gronk provided for Brady. Those plays when you just gotta have it and you toss it to the guy that muscle through and up and get it. E.g. red zone, third and long, fourth down.

But N’Keal was no Gronk, and Brady is gone. It was a poor draft pick

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, IGotWorms said:

Yes. N’Keal was supposed to replace what Gronk provided for Brady. Those plays when you just gotta have it and you toss it to the guy that muscle through and up and get it. E.g. red zone, third and long, fourth down.

But N’Keal was no Gronk, and Brady is gone. It was a poor draft pick

cant argue with that.   look at the results.

honestly, the pats are not a exceptionally good drafting team. They are not terrible, but certainly not great.  

Where they work really work their magic is with the undrafted players who turn into good pros.   The Pats do an exceptionally good job when it comes to THAT.

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/6/2021 at 3:52 PM, IGotWorms said:

Wide receiver N'Keal Harry's agent said in a statement Tuesday that he has formally requested the New England Patriots trade his client.

"For the past several months, I have been working in cooperation with the Patriots behind the scenes to put a plan in place to allow N'Keal to thrive in New England. Through two seasons, he has 86 targets, which obviously hasn't met the expectations the Patriots and N'Keal had when they drafted a dominant downfield threat who was virtually unstoppable at the point of attack in college. Following numerous conversations with the Patriots, I believe it's time for a fresh start and best for both parties if N'Keal moves on before the start of training camp. That is why I have informed the Patriots today I am formally requesting a trade on behalf of my client," agent Jamal Tooson said in the statement.


 

Does anyone care?

One thing I'm curious about is, how is "formally requesting a trade", the same as "demanding a trade"? I heard he is going to show up to all team activities.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/13/2021 at 1:39 AM, Utilit99 said:

One thing I'm curious about is, how is "formally requesting a trade", the same as "demanding a trade"? I heard he is going to show up to all team activities.

My guess is the civility of the situation.  I'd think that if someone were "demanding a trade" (like Deshaun Watson did), said person wouldn't show up to anything and may not even actually play.  If someone were to "formally request a trade", they're probably just saying... "I'd like to go somewhere else, but I'm willing to do my job in the meantime".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×