tubby_mcgee

Biden is sending someone to your door to see if you've been vaccinated

9 minutes ago, TK0001 said:

Yeah, he was talking about this technology. It's obvious to me he had just been informed of it and did his usual stumbling over his words trying to explain it. That's why he was looking to Birx when struggling through it. She was the one who probably told him.

But of course actually looking into it, the media told the people Trump said "inject bleach" and now you have people like dogcows, who pretend to be enlightened, continuing to parrot bad information out of pure ignorance.

The left has created such a negative boogeyman with Trump that any potentially positive info is immediately dismissed.  It’s become a religion of sorts, quite fascinating.  It’s like telling a fundamentalist that the Bible has some nuance.

• Sad 2

Someone is giving sad faces to all of my posts, I sense a stern rebuke coming. :( 

• Sad 2

55 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

Someone is giving sad faces to all of my posts, I sense a stern rebuke coming. :( 

mdc and worms wake up at 6am everyday and run to their computers to look up all my posts and add sad faces. :lol:

• Sad 2

4 minutes ago, Fireballer said:

Just a harmless knock on the door?  Maybe, maybe not...

"Knocking on the door has never been against the law, you don't have to answer"

10 minutes ago, Fireballer said:

Sounds like a lot of businesses can't find help, but we're going to find people to go knock on doors to get people vaccinated?  :lol:

What a waste of focking money...

1 hour ago, jerryskids said:

It’s become a religion of sorts, quite fascinating.  It’s like telling a fundamentalist that the Bible has some nuance.

It is and has been a religion.  They LOVE their elected leaders and worship them.  I said it here a decade ago.

26 minutes ago, Fireballer said:

Yeah, nothing to see here...

:doh:

Wow.. A lot of people who've posted in this thread probably feel pretty stupid but, we'll give them a chance to amend their takes.

Just now, Reality said:

Wow..

Get ready for stage 4 of the lib defense.  

1 hour ago, Fireballer said:

Door knocking, and now this, should put us over the top

Culture

4 hours ago, Gladiators said:

Sounds like a lot of businesses can't find help, but we're going to find people to go knock on doors to get people vaccinated?  :lol:

What a waste of OUR focking money...

Fixed for accuracy 

4 hours ago, Reality said:

Wow.. A lot of people who've posted in this thread probably feel pretty stupid but, we'll give them a chance to amend their takes.

That dude should be fired

So will these door to door vax sellers be wearing masks?  They must be vaccinated so they should be mask free. 

If they are wearing masks then what message does that convey when trying to convince someone to get vaccinated? 

Just now, DonS said:

So will these door to door vax sellers be wearing masks?  They must be vaccinated so they should be mask free. 

If they are wearing masks then what message does that convey when trying to convince someone to get vaccinated? 

I suspect that there will be no shortage of volunteers for this campaign.  There appears to be a sizable group of people who just can’t quit Covid.  They will view this as a religious crusade to convert as many non-believers as possible.

• Sad 1

9 hours ago, TK0001 said:

Yeah, he was talking about this technology. It's obvious to me he had just been informed of it and did his usual stumbling over his words trying to explain it. That's why he was looking to Birx when struggling through it. She was the one who probably told him.

But of course actually looking into it, the media told the people Trump said "inject bleach" and now you have people like dogcows, who pretend to be enlightened, continuing to parrot bad information out of pure ignorance.

My post about bleach and a flashlight was clearly a joke, but when people pressed the issue, I supplied the full quote. Simply reading my posts would show you I wasn’t ignorant of what was actually said.

And that “Healight” from Aytu appears to be a scam, sorry to say. Their “test” of it was on only 5 people, and one of them died. There is no indication the “treatment” had any effect one way or the other, especially with such a tiny sample size. If you wonder about the basic reasons that such a product is unlikely to work, check out a nice explainer from a science blog below. In the meantime, the company stock saw some pretty nice gains from believers in the miracle cure…

https://respectfulinsolence.com/2020/04/27/healight-covid-19/

Aytu has a history of trying to use COVID to scam people. Selling unapproved Chinese COVID tests during the initial panic… 

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/aytu-bioscience-investigated-possible-securities-133736495.html?guccounter=1&guce_referrer=aHR0cHM6Ly9kdWNrZHVja2dvLmNvbS8&guce_referrer_sig=AQAAAAIh5eBWdrZ2x8FEFCHdbjcEW-IJbBQ5-hGkVk371Y-XRrFKs0-SWjlTLaI1ex5u_DQPuOG-TTYTM1g2mLQhK_c2j5iLZeFfYa8OL_mmuaat_hTgPkLBvq2NHYileUDiTh6DubVQRbXQKq9K-D3aGqjTtjTe5QFu6jSZhTaH0LB5

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, TimHauck said:

That dude should be fired

Health and human services secretary, he's the mouthpiece of the administration concerning this issue. He is speaking for this admin, it couldn't be anymore obvious what the Biden admin goal is here. Wakeup.

21 minutes ago, Reality said:

Health and human services secretary, he's the mouthpiece of the administration concerning this issue. He is speaking for this admin, it couldn't be anymore obvious what the Biden admin goal is here. Wakeup.

Technically, isn't Psaki the "mouthpiece"?

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/white-house-door-to-door-vaccination-volunteers-not-government-workers-no-vaccine-database

"Psaki also insisted that the government is not keeping records of who is or is not vaccinated, although they are aware of the rates of vaccination in different parts of the country."

1 hour ago, Reality said:

I suppose you’re a believer in “just because you’re paranoid doesn’t mean they are NOT out to get you!”?

One question I have though: if we all wakeup(sic) won’t we be “woke”?

9 hours ago, TimHauck said:

Technically, isn't Psaki the "mouthpiece"?

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/white-house-door-to-door-vaccination-volunteers-not-government-workers-no-vaccine-database

"Psaki also insisted that the government is not keeping records of who is or is not vaccinated, although they are aware of the rates of vaccination in different parts of the country."

Sure, don't believe your eyes or your ears.

:dunno:

9 hours ago, dogcows said:

One question I have though: if we all wakeup(sic) won’t we be “woke”?

Pretty sure "woke" is a code that you are down with the agenda. Has nothing to do with being informed. 

11 hours ago, dogcows said:

My post about bleach and a flashlight was clearly a joke, but when people pressed the issue, I supplied the full quote. Simply reading my posts would show you I wasn’t ignorant of what was actually said.

And that “Healight” from Aytu appears to be a scam, sorry to say. Their “test” of it was on only 5 people, and one of them died. There is no indication the “treatment” had any effect one way or the other, especially with such a tiny sample size. If you wonder about the basic reasons that such a product is unlikely to work, check out a nice explainer from a science blog below. In the meantime, the company stock saw some pretty nice gains from believers in the miracle cure…

https://respectfulinsolence.com/2020/04/27/healight-covid-19/

Aytu has a history of trying to use COVID to scam people. Selling unapproved Chinese COVID tests during the initial panic… 

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/aytu-bioscience-investigated-possible-securities-133736495.html?guccounter=1&guce_referrer=aHR0cHM6Ly9kdWNrZHVja2dvLmNvbS8&guce_referrer_sig=AQAAAAIh5eBWdrZ2x8FEFCHdbjcEW-IJbBQ5-hGkVk371Y-XRrFKs0-SWjlTLaI1ex5u_DQPuOG-TTYTM1g2mLQhK_c2j5iLZeFfYa8OL_mmuaat_hTgPkLBvq2NHYileUDiTh6DubVQRbXQKq9K-D3aGqjTtjTe5QFu6jSZhTaH0LB5

Oh, so now you acknowledge the fact it's a real thing. 

But didn't you call it batsh!t crazy before? That Trump was coming up with it on the spot? 

I think they should go door to door looking for illegals. It’s our tax dollars supporting them. Don’t we have a right to know?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

3 hours ago, TK0001 said:

But didn't you call it batsh!t crazy before? That Trump was coming up with it on the spot? 

He’s full of bat sh*t of course.  He threw the gun, then the holster.

• Sad 1

22 hours ago, Gladiators said:

What a waste of focking money...

This.  Come knock on my door I don't really care.

But what a waste of money.  Not that i'm surprised or anything.

3 hours ago, TK0001 said:

It’s absolutely nuts. Period. It has no basis in reality, and as shown above, that company is a bunch of grifters.

It’s unbelievable how far people will go to defend the dumbest moments of their cult leader. If you can’t even admit when the (former) leader did something stupid, you might be in a cult. How long did you all rant about Obama saying “you didn’t build this” - which was a dumb thing to say even if he was trying to make a point about infrastructure? But you can’t handle it when somebody points out stupidity by Orange Jesus.

I remember Republicans used to be able to laugh at Dan Quayle or dumb things Bush said... but for some reason, making fun of Trump is like making fun of their mother. They get extremely offended over it.

4 hours ago, TimmySmith said:

Pretty sure "woke" is a code that you are down with the agenda. Has nothing to do with being informed. 

You must be the person who goes to the comedy club and scowls at the comedian from the back of the room.

1 minute ago, dogcows said:

You must be the person who goes to the comedy club and scowls at the comedian from the back of the room.

😬

On 7/9/2021 at 11:56 AM, dogcows said:

It’s absolutely nuts. Period. It has no basis in reality, and as shown above, that company is a bunch of grifters.

It’s unbelievable how far people will go to defend the dumbest moments of their cult leader. If you can’t even admit when the (former) leader did something stupid, you might be in a cult. How long did you all rant about Obama saying “you didn’t build this” - which was a dumb thing to say even if he was trying to make a point about infrastructure? But you can’t handle it when somebody points out stupidity by Orange Jesus.

I remember Republicans used to be able to laugh at Dan Quayle or dumb things Bush said... but for some reason, making fun of Trump is like making fun of their mother. They get extremely offended over it.

When caught being wrong, double down, then triple down on being wrong.

You acknowledge this is a real thing, and experimental technology that was once flouted as a treatment. In the same breath, you say his statement had no basis in reality.

I don't care how effective it was. I don't care if it was "grifters". The point you're trying to make was the technology did not exist, and that Trump made it up. You were wrong then, and you were wrong again, and you are still wrong now.

As far all the other noise you're trying to introduce, about cult leaders and dumb followers, it's all a diversionary tactic from the fact you're wrong and are trying to move the goalposts.

On 7/9/2021 at 11:56 AM, dogcows said:

Let’s try: Stupid/wrong things Trump did/said 

Trump University

Meghan Kelly: Bleeding or something

John McCain: I like guys who don’t get captured 

His behavior at the first debate last year. 

Thats a start, there are more.   Now you do Obama or Biden 

16 minutes ago, TK0001 said:

When caught being wrong, double down, then triple down on being wrong.

You acknowledge this is a real thing, and experimental technology that was once flouted as a treatment. In the same breath, you say his statement had no basis in reality.

I don't care how effective it was. I don't care if it was "grifters". The point you're trying to make was the technology did not exist, and that Trump made it up. You were wrong then, and you were wrong again, and you are still wrong now.

As far all the other noise you're trying to introduce, about cult leaders and dumb followers, it's all a diversionary tactic from the fact you're wrong and are trying to move the goalposts.

Leeches are a real thing. It’s still nuts to suggest using them in medicine in 2021.

With Aytu’s HeaLight you’ve got the cause and effect backwards. Look at the date on the trademark application from Aytu: April 23, 2020. Trump’s nutty speech was earlier that day. They heard his speech and immediately went for the trademark. This wasn’t something he knew about prior. They never tested using light inside COVID patients until after the Trump speech, and as shown earlier, they had a 20% death rate with their machine (and a sample of only 5 patients!). Not exactly a cure. It’s a scam... and this company scammed on COVID tests before. Why defend them or Trump on something they’re both wrong on?

My best guess is that Trump was told about using UVC light and disinfectant to sanitize surfaces. Since he mentioned those together, that is the most plausible explanation. So he thought “why not try these inside our bodies?” Which is crazy. But he is ignorant of medicine and apparently even basic science, so to him it seemed like a good idea. Aytu was just an opportunist trying to cash in on it by getting uninformed investors to buy their stock.

If you think I’m wrong and the “Healight” is a miracle cure, put your life’s savings into their stock.

9 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Let’s try: Stupid/wrong things Trump did/said 

Trump University

Meghan Kelly: Bleeding or something

John McCain: I like guys who don’t get captured 

His behavior at the first debate last year. 

Thats a start, there are more.   Now you do Obama or Biden 

Obama: You didn’t build this

Biden: "President Harris”, forgetting the name of his Secretary of Defense...

6 minutes ago, dogcows said:

Obama: You didn’t build this

Biden: "President Harris”, forgetting the name of his Secretary of Defense...

Wow. That’s  some hard hitting critique there. Especially Biden flubbing his line. He’s been doing that forever. Try and back up your statement,  not win the argument. 

13 minutes ago, dogcows said:

Leeches are a real thing. It’s still nuts to suggest using them in medicine in 2021.

With Aytu’s HeaLight you’ve got the cause and effect backwards. Look at the date on the trademark application from Aytu: April 23, 2020. Trump’s nutty speech was earlier that day. They heard his speech and immediately went for the trademark. This wasn’t something he knew about prior. They never tested using light inside COVID patients until after the Trump speech, and as shown earlier, they had a 20% death rate with their machine (and a sample of only 5 patients!). Not exactly a cure. It’s a scam... and this company scammed on COVID tests before. Why defend them or Trump on something they’re both wrong on?

My best guess is that Trump was told about using UVC light and disinfectant to sanitize surfaces. Since he mentioned those together, that is the most plausible explanation. So he thought “why not try these inside our bodies?” Which is crazy. But he is ignorant of medicine and apparently even basic science, so to him it seemed like a good idea. Aytu was just an opportunist trying to cash in on it by getting uninformed investors to buy their stock.

If you think I’m wrong and the “Healight” is a miracle cure, put your life’s savings into their stock.

Quadrupling down. Impressive.

The fact it worked/did not work is irrelevant. You're arguing Trump made this tech up on the spot, when the idea for it clearly existed. You want to believe that because you want to parrot the "inject bleach" lie.

You keep on trying to steer the conversation to the efficacy of internal UVA light technology, which is disingenuous. And you know it.

You can go on believing Trump was dumb and his followers are all morons and whatever else you want to believe, and it still doesn't change a thing.

It’s funny they can afford this and have no problem having people check to see if you’re vaccinated but checking to make sure you have an ID for voting is somehow not feasible :doh: 

• Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, Djgb13 said:

It’s funny they can afford this and have no problem having people check to see if you’re vaccinated but checking to make sure you have an ID for voting is somehow not feasible :doh: 

When I got my vaccine, the first thing they asked for was my ID.  :dunno:

1 hour ago, TK0001 said:

Quadrupling down. Impressive.

The fact it worked/did not work is irrelevant. You're arguing Trump made this tech up on the spot, when the idea for it clearly existed. You want to believe that because you want to parrot the "inject bleach" lie.

You keep on trying to steer the conversation to the efficacy of internal UVA light technology, which is disingenuous. And you know it.

You can go on believing Trump was dumb and his followers are all morons and whatever else you want to believe, and it still doesn't change a thing.

It didn’t already exist. They filed a trademark later that day and didn’t even do an initial test until well after that. Did you miss that part? Trademark filed the day of Trump’s speech, and the very first test done just over 6 months later.

Between October 30, 2020 and November 28, 2020, 5 subjects were enrolled

So unless Trump’s god-like powers also include time travel, I would say he definitely was making stuff up.

43 minutes ago, dogcows said:

It didn’t already exist. They filed a trademark later that day and didn’t even do an initial test until well after that. Did you miss that part? Trademark filed the day of Trump’s speech, and the very first test done just over 6 months later.

So unless Trump’s god-like powers also include time travel, I would say he definitely was making stuff up.

You seriously believe a company decided to start investigating this technology in order to make it look like Trump wasn't talking out of his @ss?

Trump's speech was on April 23.

Healight and Cedars Sinai announced a collaboration on April 21. Which is probably why Trump mentioned it just days after.

And the technology had been developing for five years.

https://apnews.com/press-release/accesswire/b44f4531071e6204023f7b8e16f59d4b

Led by Mark Pimentel, MD, the research team of the Medically Associated Science and Technology (MAST) Program at Cedars-Sinai has been developing the patent-pending Healight platform since 2016 and has produced a growing body of scientific evidence demonstrating pre-clinical safety and effectiveness of the technology as an antiviral and antibacterial treatment. 

Care to sextuple down on being wrong?