Mike FF Today

Round Seven-Ten Commentary - July Mock 2021

2 minutes ago, Frozenbeernuts said:

I was between Chase and Boyd. I felt Boyd was a little safer

Agree.  I was looking at Boyd too.  He will receive the most assured targets for the Bengals.  I luckily drafted Claypool in two dynasty leagues last year, but between the QB getting tired and the league adjusting and protecting over top, his production took a major hit late.  We'll see if he can take the next step.

I QUIT THIS MOCK!.............................You couldn't write a script any closer to reality here.

Every pick except one, I have been snipped by the selector just before me. It's like I send my selection to that person and they make the pick for themselves!

Therefore, I am selecting a DEFENSE with my next pick, so go ahead and take that away from me.

LOL

• Haha 1

Was hoping one of Sutton/Claypool/Chark would make it to me, but I should know better with this group.  I feel like Smith is going to get peppered with targets now that Alshon and Desean are gone.

I changed my pick. I can’t remember the rules, but Guru did not pick yet. Legal? If not, I will accept what I first selected, NP.

11 minutes ago, robb said:

I changed my pick. I can’t remember the rules, but Guru did not pick yet. Legal? If not, I will accept what I first selected, NP.

We will allow it

1 hour ago, robb said:

Go back to your first pick 🤣

Jeudy was definitely a consideration at 8.04 to make sure I get the right Bronco WR, but I think I would have ultimately leaned toward Sermon anyway. If Mostert struggles to stay healthy again, I love Sermon's ceiling. Also, I'm struggling to remember the last time I saw more green for one team on my matchup analysis than I see this year for the 49ers.

11 minutes ago, The Football Guru said:

Go back to your first pick 🤣

If you really want me to, I can still go back and make the change. There wasn't more than a 5 minute or less realization of my error, but NP changing it sine I f_cked up.

1 hour ago, Frozenbeernuts said:

David johnson is a good bargain in this spot

I was watching him drop and hoping that he would make it to me. He's a live body that is the best of the bunch down there is Houston. Someone has to run the ball.

ICEMAN

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Frozenbeernuts said:

David johnson is a good bargain in this spot

That was going to be my pick if he fell. 

• Like 1

Picking a NE running back makes me a little queasy, but there are some positives to Harris.  He only played ten games last season, but if you extrapolate his stats through a full season he would have had 219 carries for over 1,100 yards.  That would have put him in the top 5 in both categories.  He also averaged over 5 yards a carry.  I don't like the fact that Newton is going to steal a lot of his carries and way too many of his redzone looks, but in the eighth round beggars can't be choosers.

mr landry with the snipe

51 minutes ago, WhiteWonder said:

mr landry with the snipe

You did well with Fournette.  My list was Samuel/Fournette.  He will lead that back field.

1 hour ago, Mr. Landry said:

Picking a NE running back makes me a little queasy, but there are some positives to Harris.  He only played ten games last season, but if you extrapolate his stats through a full season he would have had 219 carries for over 1,100 yards.  That would have put him in the top 5 in both categories.  He also averaged over 5 yards a carry.  I don't like the fact that Newton is going to steal a lot of his carries and way too many of his redzone looks, but in the eighth round beggars can't be choosers.

It was down to Harris and Sermon for me.

I will send my Round 9 and 10 picks to Mike, sorry to miss the fun today.

With 3 guys to my south needing a qb on this turn I figured I help narrow their search.  Hurts has some explosive upside and the keys to the car this year.  I could see him throwing for 3500 yards and 25 td's to go along with 800 yards rushing and 6 to 8 td's on the ground.  Landry took a QB as expected, Stafford I am baffled by most rankings on him.  People are going crazy over his receivers and receiving back then ranking him between 13th and 15th in their rankings.  dunno?  I think he was easily the best QB left and a and  clear QB 1

1 hour ago, remote controller said:

With 3 guys to my south needing a qb on this turn I figured I help narrow their search.  Hurts has some explosive upside and the keys to the car this year.  I could see him throwing for 3500 yards and 25 td's to go along with 800 yards rushing and 6 to 8 td's on the ground.  Landry took a QB as expected, Stafford I am baffled by most rankings on him.  People are going crazy over his receivers and receiving back then ranking him between 13th and 15th in their rankings.  dunno?  I think he was easily the best QB left and a and  clear QB 1

I'm with you. I'm interested to see where he lands when I get around to my projections, but I have a feeling it will be inside the top 10.

• Like 1

Mike, can we get a Round 10 thread?

4 minutes ago, Mike FF Today said:

☝️

:thumbsup:

4 hours ago, remote controller said:

This is great insight on Stafford to have for my keeper drafts. I will definitely keep him now based on the experts here comments on Stafford. Thank you!!

Glad I gave my picks to Mike because I didn’t remember to check until late this morning. I’ve got a bass tournament tomorrow so if my turn doesn’t come up tonight I may be late tomorrow or I’ll give Mike my picks again tonight. 

• Like 1