Sign in to follow this  
vuduchile

Only 6% of U.S. retail businesses are black owned

1 minute ago, GutterBoy said:

Your sister is a ho and a big part of the problem.

Agreed.

ETA - My sister does not receive any government assistance and works full time.  She has worked since she dropped out of college at 20 years old to have the first child...She's now 34.  Still a ho, but at least she works and provides because the losers she decides to sleep with don't.

17 hours ago, GutterBoy said:

Lack of resources, lack of education, lack of role models, lack of ambition.  Do you really not know this?

16 hours ago, GutterBoy said:

So then they're just lazy?

What is the difference between lack of ambition and lazy? 

1 hour ago, nobody said:

I do.  They need to spend more time working on fundamentals.  

Agreed.  The Suns are showing that if you can reliably hit mid-range jumpers (like Booker and Paul), the high pick and roll is very difficult to defend.

58 minutes ago, GutterBoy said:

Why are there more 1 parent black households today than in the 50s?  I don't know.

It is a striking difference, and there are different theories on this.  One is that the War on Poverty had the unintended consequence of creating incentives for single parenthood.  Personally I attribute the majority of responsibility on this factor.  Another is that the significant percentage of black men in prison has created a situation where the black men who are NOT in prison have hand in their relationships.  In most cultures, women select which traits are desirable by whom they breed with.  In black inner cities, beggar women can’t be choosers.  A third theory is that the Great Migration, in which millions of blacks left the rural south for jobs in the urban north, split up the black family units.  I struggle with this one though because I’m told that blacks have strong multi-generational traditions like voting on Sundays after church, and deep seated fear of doctors because of health care a century ago.  But somehow the deep seated commitment to nuclear families went poof.

Liberals hate to discuss the first theory because it makes one confront the possibility that the very policies they are espousing are contributing to the problem.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GutterBoy said:

Why are there more 1 parent black households today than in the 50s?  I don't know.

Well professor, in that fancy learnin school you went to they shouid have taught you that if you incentivize behavior, good or bad, you can expect people to behave accordingly. Maybe you should look up what noted liberal Patrick Moynihan had to say on the subject, in the 1960’s. I know I’m barely a HS graduate, but I can read the writing on the wall. Now get to stepping and read up on what that nice, highly educated fellow,  like yourself, had to say on the matter. He was incredibly accurate.  I’ll learn ya real good.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

41 minutes ago, GutterBoy said:

It is pointless.

It's clear many of you have some deep seated issues with blacks that you will do anything to fight against helping them.  Enjoy the hatred.

The point is the country already does quite a lot with trying to help.  And you have no other ideas.  You come up with ideas that are already in place then realize it and go back to calling people like me racist because you have nothing.  You are just trying to feel morally superior.  You are like a white green haired progressive woman telling blacks they are being held back.

Kind of like this

You come off as really insane.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, GutterBoy said:

It is pointless.

It's clear many of you have some deep seated issues with blacks that you will do anything to fight against helping them.  Enjoy the hatred.

Wait, you are the one against school choice. Enjoy your hatred.

5 minutes ago, Baker Boy said:

Wait, you are the one against school choice. Enjoy your hatred.

You have me confused with someone else.  I have nothing against school choice.

It's great when the privileged white guy speaks for the oppressed black race.  I hope it makes you feel better about your white guilt. 

28 minutes ago, Ron 'Tator Salad' White said:

So Rodney rule for owning a business?

You spell Rooney as well as you spell Tater!!!

:P

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, GutterBoy said:

It is pointless.

Wait, me? 

No way. I have deep seated issues with people always needing "help." There is a time where you have the resources available to get help, but people tend to not want to make the effort. 

If you show me a good business case where we aren't taking from one business to help out another, when that other business already has resources...then I will hear you out. You mention that they don't have the resources; but links were provided that they do. The outreach and education is there and available to them. 

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, TheNewGirl said:

Wait, me? 

No way. I have deep seated issues with people always needing "help." There is a time where you have the resources available to get help, but people tend to not want to make the effort. 

If you show me a good business case where we aren't taking from one business to help out another, when that other business already has resources...then I will hear you out. You mention that they don't have the resources; but links were provided that they do. The outreach and education is there and available to them. 

I shared this: https://www.aboutamazon.com/news/small-business/amazon-commits-150-million-to-empower-black-entrepreneurs

I said the current resources aren't enough, yes there was a link provided to a resource.  Clearly it's not enough, or there would be more black owned business, unless of course everyone in this thread is correct that blacks as a whole are just lazy and make bad choices, but I refuse to believe that.

I simply cannot fathom how anyone would be against promoting black owned business.

27 minutes ago, GutterBoy said:

I simply cannot fathom how anyone would be against promoting black owned business.

Promoting? 

First you say you are for equal access to opportunity.  Then you realize that equal access to opportunity doesn't result in appropriate outcomes. Then you post the article touting a program you approve of where Amazon is offering money and resources to only black businesses. But that is in contrast to your initial desire for "equal opportunity".  So now you're just for "promoting" black businesses?  Dude, you're all over the place and don't know what some words mean. What exactly do you want the end result to be?

• Like 4

If we can decide that one group doesn’t  have enough, that must be because another group has too many.  Right? And sorry, white isn’t acceptable as a group. 

7 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

white isn’t acceptable as a group. 

It's amazing how lefties are the self proclaimed anti-racists and then turn around and divide us all by race.

Well did you guys figure it out yet? Did you solve the problem?

Just a reminder trillions have been spent in Africa. Still a sh1thole. Non of this sh1t you're talking about will fix anything.

1 hour ago, GutterBoy said:

I shared this: https://www.aboutamazon.com/news/small-business/amazon-commits-150-million-to-empower-black-entrepreneurs

I said the current resources aren't enough, yes there was a link provided to a resource.  Clearly it's not enough, or there would be more black owned business, unless of course everyone in this thread is correct that blacks as a whole are just lazy and make bad choices, but I refuse to believe that.

For the record, I’m fine with what Amazon is doing.  It’s a private company, it’s their (and shareholder) money, and I don’t think this money was otherwise going to a hillbilly in West Virginia.  Much better than the government getting involved.

That being said, I always thought of you as a conservative who recently is either trolling or otherwise reacting to what you perceive as being too far to the extreme right.  But your post here, that’s hardcore lefty stuff.  Your refusal to believe that there are any factors besides systemic racism makes it impossible to have a productive conversation on solving the problems.  Most rational people recognize that there are systemic improvements to be made, but if you assign zero culpability to the black inner city culture and it’s lack of emphasis on education, personal accountability, and the nuclear family… well, you can send good money after bad for the 8946737280th time, maybe it will work this time, you might be right I guess.

It’s a difficult conversation to have, largely because simplistic leftists so easily squash it with racism accusations.

• Thanks 2

The NYC public schools spend 28k a year per student. That’s more than most anywhere and it dwarfs many places. NYC schools, once the gold standard, suck now. Violent daycare. If it ain’t money, amd the right and religions have zero say in what goes on there, then what’s the problem? It’s not just eduction either. Millions and  millions of students. Ever notice how few pro athletes come from NYC? Some NBA, you would think more, hardly any NFL and any MLB players are really from the Dominican Republic. Pro sports used to be full of NYC athletes. 

21 hours ago, vuduchile said:

I never got a grant, and I’ve opened 2 retail stores.  

Are you first gen immigrant? 

43 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

For the record, I’m fine with what Amazon is doing.  It’s a private company, it’s their (and shareholder) money, and I don’t think this money was otherwise going to a hillbilly in West Virginia.  Much better than the government getting involved.

That being said, I always thought of you as a conservative who recently is either trolling or otherwise reacting to what you perceive as being too far to the extreme right.  But your post here, that’s hardcore lefty stuff.  Your refusal to believe that there are any factors besides systemic racism makes it impossible to have a productive conversation on solving the problems.  Most rational people recognize that there are systemic improvements to be made, but if you assign zero culpability to the black inner city culture and it’s lack of emphasis on education, personal accountability, and the nuclear family… well, you can send good money after bad for the 8946737280th time, maybe it will work this time, you might be right I guess.

It’s a difficult conversation to have, largely because simplistic leftists so easily squash it with racism accusations.

I am a conservative.  Being conservative doesn't mean " fock everyone", real conservatives believe in fairness and helping people out.

Now, it is impossible to have a conversation here when I'm called a lefty and everything I say is twisted and shaped to fit the lefty argument.

There are many alt right idiots here, not many conservatives.

I'll also add that as I've gotten older I've changed my opinions based on what I've learned.

• Haha 2

19 minutes ago, GutterBoy said:

I am a conservative.  Being conservative doesn't mean " fock everyone", real conservatives believe in fairness and helping people out.

Now, it is impossible to have a conversation here when I'm called a lefty and everything I say is twisted and shaped to fit the lefty argument.

I'll also add that as I've gotten older I've changed my opinions based on what I've learned.

The guy who thinks that 3 year olds dressed like sluts twerking in the middle of Times Square isn’t morally unsound is a conservative? GTFO. I can’t blame him for fronting though. Who would want to admit they voted for this nonsense?  No one believes you. HTH.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, GutterBoy said:

Conservatives believe in helping others by choice. They don't believe anybody should be forced to help anybody else they don't choose to help. They certainly don't believe the government should be helping anybody with our tax dollars "on our behalf", without our permission.  

44 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

The guy who thinks that 3 year olds dressed like sluts twerking in the middle of Times Square isn’t morally unsound is a conservative? GTFO. I can’t blame him for fronting though. Who would want to admit they voted for this nonsense?  No one believes you. HTH.

He’s got his terminology all focked up. He’s woke, not conservative.

5 hours ago, Ron 'Tator Salad' White said:

So Rodney rule for owning a business?

Rodney Rule for Tall & Fat Stores: 

If you want to look thin, you hang out with fat people!

6 hours ago, avoiding injuries said:

Could you imagine hating white people but still having to “serve or service” them?

This is a great question for the employees at Hartsfield Intl Airport 

7 hours ago, Utilit99 said:

Does selling drugs and stolen goods count? Because that completely ups that %.

It does take some entrepreneurial spirit.  

I’m always amazed by the amount of hard work and risk involved in criminal enterprise.  

It must be exhausting to live like that. 

On 7/7/2021 at 5:51 PM, GutterBoy said:

Because science says so.

The Four Corners of Deceit are government, academia, science, and the media. 

15 hours ago, Baker Boy said:

The Four Corners of Deceit are government, academia, science, and the media. 

Go back to 4chan, retard.

• Sad 1

9 minutes ago, GutterBoy said:

Go back to 4chan, retard.

Why? The government lies all the time. Name one major event in your lifetime where we weren’t lied to? Vietnam war, Watergate, Wars, pandemics, and yeah, the 2020 election. You were just lied to about the 2016 one. Right to your face, yet you belittle someone who points out how we are continually lied to, by all sides?  Weird. 

• Sad 1

On 7/8/2021 at 4:10 PM, GutterBoy said:

Conservatives believe in equal opportunity not equal outcome. We do not believe in fairness. Treat everyone fair absolutely. Beyond that nope

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

Conservatives believe in equal opportunity not equal outcome. We do not believe in fairness. Treat everyone fair absolutely. Beyond that nope

I believe in fair treatment, not equal. It’s like when one kid continually does something wrong, and you punish them. And the other kid, who never does, so when they do something wrong they get a different, lighter punishment. That’s fair. Equal is the problem, and the funny thing is, people really don’t want it. Because it’s not fair. 

• Sad 1

On 7/8/2021 at 5:17 PM, Hardcore troubadour said:

If we can decide that one group doesn’t  have enough, that must be because another group has too many.  Right? And sorry, white isn’t acceptable as a group. 

This is a good point.  I learned a lot about how different ethnic groups treat both their own people and outsiders when I lived in NY and CT.  Most Italians and Greeks were very family focused.  They help each other start/expand businesses or make their mark in an established family biz. 

All the diners, grease joints and pizzerias were owned by Greeks and Italians. I've often wondered how the use of debit cards has impacted those guys.  Those were primarily cash businesses for many years.  

I also knew some Greeks who were cigarette distributors and lots of self-employed Italians in construction and accounting.  

Lots of Jewish lawyers had their own practices too. 

Living in that environment really opened my eyes to career opportunities outside the corporate world.  

We should take a page from Haiti. The black liberal paradise. 

If we just empower black people they create strong communities and nations. You see this throughout the world in black dominated societies.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

12 minutes ago, Cdub100 said:

If we just empower black people they create strong communities and nations. You see this throughout the world in black dominated societies.

What about Wakanda? 

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

What about Wakanda? 

Even wakanda didn't want anything to do with the rest of Africa. They not only closed their boarders but put up a "wall" and camouflaged their society.

The funny thing about the end of black panther is the dude doesn't say he's opening his country up to allow others in just that they are going to help instead of hide.

Wakanda forever.

22 hours ago, Cdub100 said:

Alright we get it, black people suck at everything, shut up already

3 minutes ago, GutterBoy said:

Alright we get it, black people suck at everything, shut up already

I'm going more with the "liberal" portion of that sentence, then black second.