Mike FF Today

Round Eleven-Sixteen Commentary - July Mock 2021

I didn’t read the rules thread and totally would have drafted a kicker in 16. 

thank you, sir. 

57 minutes ago, Mike FF Today said:

Remember, no kickers! :nono:

🗣️

I saw that and was thinking someone would draft a kicker! Guess that won’t happen now. This is the way leagues should be set up! Thanks Mike.

Is everyone alright with me making my picks in the morning?  I have my player list at my office so it’s a lot easier doing it there. 

4 hours ago, Hawkeye21 said:

Is everyone alright with me making my picks in the morning?  I have my player list at my office so it’s a lot easier doing it there. 

Did you not give your picks to Mike per what you said in the Round 10 Commentary thread? If not, NP.

10 hours ago, robb said:

Did you not give your picks to Mike per what you said in the Round 10 Commentary thread? If not, NP.

There were so many people taken it was hard for me to keep track of who was left.  Without my list and just using my phone it was a pain trying to keep track.

At this point in the draft it's all about building depth and trying to find guys who might break out.  Michael Gallup is in a contract year and while he's their WR3, he can put up some good numbers.  He's certainly good enough to be my WR4 in the 10th round.

James Conner is in a backup role but he's better in that role than the fulltime starter.  He should have plenty of opportunities to put up good points.  He's my RB5 so he offers nothing but upside for me.

23 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

At this point in the draft it's all about building depth and trying to find guys who might break out.  Michael Gallup is in a contract year and while he's their WR3, he can put up some good numbers.  He's certainly good enough to be my WR4 in the 10th round.

James Conner is in a backup role but he's better in that role than the fulltime starter.  He should have plenty of opportunities to put up good points.  He's my RB5 so he offers nothing but upside for me.

Both were on my Draft List for these later rounds. Good pick ups!

• Like 1

I'm pretty impressed with this squad through 10 rounds.

Lamar Jackson

Sanders, Mostert, Fournette, Edwards

Hill, Ridley, Thomas, Hilton

Thomas

Did real well scooping up values.  Those wideouts are crAZY GOOD, add to that the Qb and it's a scorcher. 

33 minutes ago, remote controller said:

I'm pretty impressed with this squad through 10 rounds.

Lamar Jackson

Sanders, Mostert, Fournette, Edwards

Hill, Ridley, Thomas, Hilton

Thomas

Did real well scooping up values.  Those wideouts are crAZY GOOD, add to that the Qb and it's a scorcher. 

:wub:

1 hour ago, remote controller said:

Mecole at #5 just adds some sauce.

actually i have to say i sort of spaced out on my desire to draft Irv Smith. good pick. 

Sorry to say, but it’s been over 2 hours. Any idea where Frozenbeernuts is?

Help me out folks,,,,,,,,,why would Fuller fall so far here? His ADP and Best Ball Rankings have him going in the 7-8 rounds. Here he lasted until the 11th. Just curious for my knowledge going forward. Thanks!

1 minute ago, robb said:

Help me out folks,,,,,,,,,why would Fuller fall so far here? His ADP and Best Ball Rankings have him going in the 7-8 rounds. Here he lasted until the 11th. Just curious for my knowledge going forward. Thanks!

Suspended first 4 games

Suspension, injury history, crowded WR corps, and questions on how well Tua will be able to utilize Fuller's strengths.

10 minutes ago, shovelheadt said:

Suspended first 4 games

I think he's only suspended for the first game this year.  Still, he was on my list for my next pick.  These last 6-7 picks we're all on my list.

59 minutes ago, robb said:

I considered taking him but there are just way too many questions.  He's never done very well with anyone other than Watson at QB.  He's suspended for a game.  He has more competition for catches.  How good is Tua going to be?

Worm: I was debating between Trautman and Gesicki. Would you have taken Trautman had I taken Gesicki?

others have comments?

Trautman is a little lower in my rankings, I don't think I would have taken him.  Got sniped on Hardman/Parker/Fuller.

4 hours ago, robb said:

Worm: I was debating between Trautman and Gesicki. Would you have taken Trautman had I taken Gesicki?

others have comments?

I would have taken Gesicki over Trautman, but I like Truatman's potential.  NO let Cook and Hill go, which makes Trautman pretty much the only game in town at the TE position.  He could easily become the third receiving option in that offense.  I think he's a great #2 TE.  If he pans out you are gold, if not you're already covered (although there are some question marks surrounding Tonyan this year too...so I may have leaned in a "safer" direction?).

1 hour ago, Frozenbeernuts said:

Did Troutman really get taken over Evan Engram? I dont get it. I love the value here.

I agree.  I took Engram in the June mock and thought it was great value.

10 hours ago, Mr. Landry said:

I would have taken Gesicki over Trautman, but I like Truatman's potential.  NO let Cook and Hill go, which makes Trautman pretty much the only game in town at the TE position.  He could easily become the third receiving option in that offense.  I think he's a great #2 TE.  If he pans out you are gold, if not you're already covered (although there are some question marks surrounding Tonyan this year too...so I may have leaned in a "safer" direction?).

Glad to hear the feedback on Trautman, kind of why I selected him. As my TE2 I was looking for “opportunity” here. He very easily could be their 3rd option in the passing game. Gisecki has a ton of pass catching competition in front of him and I am not convinced he is a true “pass catcher”. Time will tell I guess. Thanks everyone.

I was wondering when Waddle would get taken. I think he is GREAT value here Mr Landry and personally, by the middle of the season, he will be Miami’s best WR.

1 hour ago, robb said:

I was wondering when Waddle would get taken. I think he is GREAT value here Mr Landry and personally, by the middle of the season, he will be Miami’s best WR.

I was considering him but didn't want to roll with 2 rookie WR. I'm also not sold on Tua.