Mike FF Today

Round Eleven-Sixteen Commentary - July Mock 2021

🤩

9. I noticed that for the second consecutive year, shovelheadt decided he needed to back up the most talented quarterback in NFL history.

I really don’t understand it. Last year, I ripped shovelheadt for selecting Aaron Rodgers at 7.03. As it turns out, Rodgers was well worth that draft position, but was he worth it to shovelheadt? Obviously, this is a mock, so no one is actually setting lineups. But I question how many times Rodgers would have even started for him if this were a real league? Even in an MVP campaign for the Packer, Mahomes averaged 0.8 ppg more than Rodgers. Similarly, what exactly is the scenario where Joe Burrow makes more than a single start for this team? Shovelheadt passed on legitimate starting caliber players such as Chase Claypool, Tyler Boyd, and Courtland Sutton in order to spend a premium pick on a player that will, at most, play exactly one week for this team. I just wish I could get an explanation of shovelheadt’s affinity for not only drafting a backup for Patrick Mahomes, but using a top seven round pick to do so.

3 hours ago, Mike FF Today said:

Jason Katz with his 10 things I Noticed review of this mock. Jason' getting soft as he grows older. Not as many scathing comments this year. 

appreciate it. Im too lazy to sign in / up to discus and add a comment so I'll just do it here.

Jason Katz's analysis that I was set on going WR-WR to start is incorrect. I can see the confusion because of the "reach" for Hill but actually I would have preferred to go RB-WR but I drew a very similar draft slot to the June Mock and was staring at the same player (Barkley). My decision to shake it up was as much to do something different than the June Mock as it was anything else, taking into consideration the PPR aspect of the July Mock. 

I do agree that normally I feel 5th is too high for a WR. I feel that way most years.... at the same time, Hill is a first round player so if you want to do something a little different and the top 3-4 backs are already gone, grabbing WR at 5 versus 9 or 10 makes little difference to me, aside from the fact you won't be able to grab one of those few remaining RB's in the early second round. 

I'm finding I like an early pick more than usual. Early third is still loaded with talent, and the 4/5 turn will give you a good WR and a top QB.

Though I was late to grab a QB I really like the team I drafted. Appreciate Jason's article.

I set up the league on MFL (like the last few years).

Double check your rosters to make sure I didn't make any mistakes.

https://www76.myfantasyleague.com/2021/home/41871#0

14 hours ago, Mr. Landry said:

I set up the league on MFL (like the last few years).

Double check your rosters to make sure I didn't make any mistakes.

https://www76.myfantasyleague.com/2021/home/41871#0

Something is wrong here. I have a RB on my roster who is injured and out for the entire season. How did that happen??

4 hours ago, robb said:

Something is wrong here. I have a RB on my roster who is injured and out for the entire season. How did that happen??

Akers tore his achilles Tuesday.

20 hours ago, remote controller said:

Akers tore his achilles Tuesday.

I knew that. Just pulling your leg here!

Congrats Vikings4ever!  For those that weren't following along:

Vikings4ever 2363 139.0
ICEMAN 2298 135.2
Shovelheadt 2249 132.3
Mr. Landry 2239 131.7
Frozenbeernuts 2215 130.3
worm 2213 130.2
remote controller 2065 121.5
Hawkeye21 1975 116.2
Ralphster 1923 113.1
robb 1879 110.5
The Football Gur 1799 105.8
WhiteWonder 1443 84.9

Did we set up a best ball mfl league w these teams last year? I'd be interested in seeing how they did.

On 1/21/2022 at 9:53 PM, Mr. Landry said:

Congrats Vikings4ever!  For those that weren't following along:

Vikings4ever 2363 139.0
ICEMAN 2298 135.2
Shovelheadt 2249 132.3
Mr. Landry 2239 131.7
Frozenbeernuts 2215 130.3
worm 2213 130.2
remote controller 2065 121.5
Hawkeye21 1975 116.2
Ralphster 1923 113.1
robb 1879 110.5
The Football Gur 1799 105.8
WhiteWonder 1443 84.9

7 hours ago, ralphster said:

Did we set up a best ball mfl league w these teams last year? I'd be interested in seeing how they did.

:dunno:

• Thanks 1