Sign in to follow this  
tubby_mcgee

Blacklist Spoiler.

So I watched the final episode of Blacklist. 

Apparently there will be another season...likely without Agent Keen (LIz). 
She most likely died at end of Season 8.  Not for sure.. but one could assume with confidence.

Now here's the crazy part---I read somewhere on the internet......and it makes total sense based on the clues that happened over the course of the series.

Red is Liz's mother.  

53 minutes ago, tubby_mcgee said:

Red is Liz's mother.  

I started to suspect this a couple episodes back when Katrina kept stressing over and over the "major" transformation she had to undergo in order to keep watcher over Liz. 

As Liz was dying in the street, they kept showing her and Katerina embracing over and over, then cut to Reddington - that was pretty much the final confirmation. 

I'm not sure where the show can go from here - it may be best let it ride off into the sunset. 

2 hours ago, Cruzer said:

I started to suspect this a couple episodes back when Katrina kept stressing over and over the "major" transformation she had to undergo in order to keep watcher over Liz. 

As Liz was dying in the street, they kept showing her and Katerina embracing over and over, then cut to Reddington - that was pretty much the final confirmation. 

I'm not sure where the show can go from here - it may be best let it ride off into the sunset. 

They are booked for a Season 9.  

And I read that in Season 9 Meagan Boone (Keen) won't be a "regular". .. 

So.... Even if she didnt die... Show won't be the same without her in a recurring role. 

And yeah... Where can it go from here ...I agree ... Might just be best to end it.  

But ya know... That letter is unresolved.  I mean we assume is says that her mother had a sex change operation and is now Reddington. 

So many other clues...along with what you said about the major "transformation" .. 

Reddington said "If I tell you who I am, you won't want to shoot me" (last episode). 

"I did not shoot your mother" Red kept telling Keen after she "witnessed" it. 

Most Memorable Blacklister:

Hannah Hayes:

She was raped and got pregnant I think was pressured or forced or in the least suggested to keep the baby by a religious leader and high profile politician who were very anti-abortion under any circumstances. 

Hannah Hayes looks for retribution and gets it. 

She and her team capture the religious guy and the politician and then use science and  sperm of the guy that raped her to impregnate both of them (both staunch anti-abortion folks). 

10 hours ago, tubby_mcgee said:

So I watched the final episode of Blacklist. 

Apparently there will be another season...likely without Agent Keen (LIz). 
She most likely died at end of Season 8.  Not for sure.. but one could assume with confidence.

Now here's the crazy part---I read somewhere on the internet......and it makes total sense based on the clues that happened over the course of the series.

Red is Liz's mother.  

:shocking:

10 hours ago, tubby_mcgee said:

Reddington said "If I tell you who I am, you won't want to shoot me" (last episode). 

Even before the shooting and all the flashbacks to Liz/Katerina/Reddington in the same scene - Red telling Liz she wouldn't want to shoot him was perhaps the biggest of all clues........ Which also explains the letter, and why Liz could not open it until after Red was gone. 

The word was out before Season 9 was formalized that Megan Boone wanted out. Why, I'm not sure. She's cute but I don't see her making it big elsewhere. Her meal ticket was the Blacklist - maybe she changes her mind and comes back after all. 

So many great Blacklisters.... but the two characters that really got to me were Mr. Kaplan and Glen dying off. Strangely enuff, Glen died in real life - from West Nile Virus. 

Red's goin nuclear in season 9. He's sick, grieving, and p1ssed. Nothing left to live for. He's not the grandfather type for Agnes, plus knows he'll never live long enough to see her grow up.

I would NOT want to tick him off next year!

this nonsense is still going on?

I loved the show 4 seasons, and just said enough is enough

if this is the finally lol

wow major fail

perfect example of a show they didnt expect to last this long and just kept adding repetitive garbage to keep it going

I watched the first couple of episodes. I thought that the Spader character was the chicks father then.  When did it get revealed that he was? Or whatever. 

5 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

I watched the first couple of episodes. I thought that the Spader character was the chicks father then.  When did it get revealed that he was? Or whatever. 

Cliff Notes:

Keen is the daughter of Red Reddington .     But not Father - Daughter.   Instead, Mother-Daughter.

The biological father died.
All that was left was was the mother.
The mother knew she'd be killed by KJB or CIA or a number of other agencies.  She was like a triple-agent.  She had to hide. And regular hiding won't keep her safe.

So...she had a sex change that turned her into a male, and that new male, (Red Reddington), wasn't the REAL, ORIGINAL Red Reddington, but instead someone who had assumed the identity of the original Red Reddington.

As far as Red Reddington (James Spader) being her mother....we got clues all throughout the series. 

It hasn't been said or verified during show, but is the ONLY thing it can be. 

Witty story line.  I'll admit.  But too many offshoots. 

Breaking Bad...was concise, to the point.  10/10

Blacklist ... many of the episodes not connected or at the least very loosely connected to the big picture. 7.5/10

Manifest.....I started watching.  Great "fictional/hypothetical" story line.  Started off far fetched but made for some great thought provoking questions (people missing, presumed dead ... until they show up 5 years later-- all of the new relationships formed by loved ones, fiances when they were gone...and now what happens when former fiance shows up alive, etc)  Turned really far fetched lately. I keep watching because...well...I've watched it this far... so...might as well see how it plays out.  Any one here watch Manifest?

6 minutes ago, tubby_mcgee said:

Cliff Notes:

Keen is the daughter of Red Reddington .     But not Father - Daughter.   Instead, Mother-Daughter.

The biological father died.
All that was left was was the mother.
The mother knew she'd be killed by KJB or CIA or a number of other agencies.  She was like a triple-agent.  She had to hide. And regular hiding won't keep her safe.

So...she had a sex change that turned her into a male, and that new male, (Red Reddington), wasn't the REAL, ORIGINAL Red Reddington, but instead someone who had assumed the identity of the original Red Reddington.

As far as Red Reddington (James Spader) being her mother....we got clues all throughout the series. 

It hasn't been said or verified during show, but is the ONLY thing it can be. 

Witty story line.  I'll admit.  But too many offshoots. 

Breaking Bad...was concise, to the point.  10/10

Blacklist ... many of the episodes not connected or at the least very loosely connected to the big picture. 7.5/10

Manifest.....I started watching.  Great "fictional/hypothetical" story line.  Started off far fetched but made for some great thought provoking questions (people missing, presumed dead ... until they show up 5 years later-- all of the new relationships formed by loved ones, fiances when they were gone...and now what happens when former fiance shows up alive, etc)  Turned really far fetched lately. I keep watching because...well...I've watched it this far... so...might as well see how it plays out.  Any one here watch Manifest?

Bailed on Manifest after the first episode. Don’t like having diversity crammed down my throat. Nearly everyone in that show in authority is a POC or a woman or both. 

8 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

If you watch the last 2 episodes of season 8, you can probably skip 1 through 7 and the rest of 8.

42 minutes ago, Kopy said:

If you watch the last 2 episodes of season 8, you can probably skip 1 through 7 and the rest of 8.

🤣

I’ll have to check my Netflix but I stopped watching years ago. If that is the story it is terrible one. Glad I stoped when I did. 

I don’t know if they are trying too hard or not trying at all. Strange times. Nice work libtards.  

On 7/11/2021 at 11:27 AM, Kopy said:

Red's goin nuclear in season 9. He's sick, grieving, and p1ssed. Nothing left to live for. He's not the grandfather type for Agnes, plus knows he'll never live long enough to see her grow up.

I would NOT want to tick him off next year!

If they storyline is right, Red is suffering from a terminal disease - thus the reason he wanted Liz to kill him. 

Not sure how'd they stretch him for another full season if he's about to croak. 

25 minutes ago, Cruzer said:

If they storyline is right, Red is suffering from a terminal disease - thus the reason he wanted Liz to kill him. 

Not sure how'd they stretch him for another full season if he's about to croak. 

Well... a full season could "span" a "real life" era of 3 months if they chose to write it that way.