Sign in to follow this  
shaabyi

Five Guys

Who are the five guys you are wanting to walk away with (targeting) from the draft and why?

Assume you’re looking for more than just the top 5 guys on everyone’s board.

QB-Burrow, assuming he’s healthy.  Plenty of weapons…think he could be a top 5 QB.

RB-Zeke.  He’s my #3 overall after Henry & CMC, and have seen him going 6-7.  That’s a steal IMO.

RB-J. Williams.  Targeting him in the middle rounds, well after Harris & Etienne. Broncos really like him…think he’ll pass Gordon pretty early.

WR-Aiyuk.  Had him last year, and he’s pretty close to off limits for trades in my keeper league.  A big fan.

TE-Pitts.  Not your typical rookie TE, Falcons have no reliable #2 WR, no difference maker at RB, and they’ll have to throw to catch up a lot.

47 minutes ago, shaabyi said:

Who are the five guys you are wanting to walk away with (targeting) from the draft and why?

Like my top five picks, or one player per position top five? 

1 hour ago, shaabyi said:

Way too early for me but I'll play with one from the 4 positions and a D

QB- Russell Wilson. Obviously depends on how long he lasts. I've been getting him in mocks in spots I like. He is my candidate to go Aaron Rodgers scorched earth this season.

RB- I like what I saw last year, and what I'm hearing this year about Antonio Gibson

WR- AJ Brown- I don't get why he is always available in round 3 and sometimes 4 in mocks. Its as if no one actually watched the Titans play last season. Brown is a stud, and he will be on my squad.

TE- I don't always draft a TE early but when I do I prefer the HOCH!

D- Redskins. Only D I would target before the last 2 rounds. Could be Awesome...

1 hour ago, makindollaz said:

Assume you’re looking for more than just the top 5 guys on everyone’s board.

QB-Burrow, assuming he’s healthy.  Plenty of weapons…think he could be a top 5 QB.

RB-Zeke.  He’s my #3 overall after Henry & CMC, and have seen him going 6-7.  That’s a steal IMO.

RB-J. Williams.  Targeting him in the middle rounds, well after Harris & Etienne. Broncos really like him…think he’ll pass Gordon pretty early.

WR-Aiyuk.  Had him last year, and he’s pretty close to off limits for trades in my keeper league.  A big fan.

TE-Pitts.  Not your typical rookie TE, Falcons have no reliable #2 WR, no difference maker at RB, and they’ll have to throw to catch up a lot.

Good list. Burrow scares me a little. Has great targets, but division loaded with good defenses.

1 hour ago, weepaws said:

Like my top five picks, or one player per position top five? 

Not your top five picks, but five guys you want to leave the draft with. Some you might target in rounds 8, 11 or whatever.

13 minutes ago, jrokh said:

QB- Russell Wilson. Obviously depends on how long he lasts. I've been getting him in mocks in spots I like. He is my candidate to go Aaron Rodgers scorched earth this season.

RB- I like what I saw last year, and what I'm hearing this year about Antonio Gibson

WR- AJ Brown- I don't get why he is always available in round 3 and sometimes 4 in mocks. Its as if no one actually watched the Titans play last season. Brown is a stud, and he will be on my squad.

D- Redskins. Only D I would target before the last 2 rounds. Could be Awesome...

SOlid list

I would say...

QB- Matthew Stafford, I plan on streaming QBs but Stafford is pretty much always one of my options

RB- Derrick Henry, join the club right?

WR- Ceedee Lamb, I think he will be a solid WR1 at flex cost

WR- DK Metcalf, at worst, he'll be as good as last season

D- Rams, they have the best D in the NFL, and the best Defensive player

• Like 1

Stafford, he is going to be a great double digit draft pick, then I stream , but I only draft one Qb, but if he’s rolling I’ll keep him and pick up another as the season goes forward.  Also D Jones he’s another great double digit pick up. 

R Gage, I think with Jones now gone he’s going to be a steal based on current ADP.  Also I like Hilton of the Colts, he’s going to have a good Qb this season and his ADP is very good.  And M Williams of the Chargers, I really like him this season, and I keep hearing that their focused on using him like M Thomas was used with the Saints  , if he’s close to that , his ADP is amazing. 

M Davis and Drake, I think both of them will out produce their current ADP.  And M Brown with the Dolphins from what I’m reading it sure sounds like short yardage and goal line work for him, so I’ve dropped Gaskins down from a low rb 2 to a high to mid Rb3. Also J Conner, I’m still not a believer that Edmonds that get the job done in short yardage situations like goal line work, I think that’ll be Conners job. And J Williams of the Broncos , it’s going to be his job week one. 

Frisker and Everett and Higbee , all three of them are very good double digits draft picks to start a season, then I stream. 

Not a kicker fan, but M Gay of the Rams I think that team will be scoring a lot of points.  And his bye week is week 11.  

Def I like the Rams and the Skins and the Patriots. 

Now kickers and def I pick last and second to last so I’ll probably not get any of them. 

Note, 14 team non ppr.  

Thanks great thread. 

7 minutes ago, weepaws said:

Stafford, he is going to be a great double digit draft pick, then I stream , but I only draft one Qb, but if he’s rolling I’ll keep him and pick up another as the season goes forward.  Also D Jones he’s another great double digit pick up. 

R Gage, I think with Jones now gone he’s going to be a steal based on current ADP.  Also I like Hilton of the Colts, he’s going to have a good Qb this season and his ADP is very good.  And M Williams of the Chargers, I really like him this season, and I keep hearing that their focused on using him like M Thomas was used with the Saints  , if he’s close to that , his ADP is amazing. 

M Davis and Drake, I think both of them will out produce their current ADP.  And M Brown with the Dolphins from what I’m reading it sure sounds like short yardage and goal line work for him, so I’ve dropped Gaskins down from a low rb 2 to a high to mid Rb3. Also J Conner, I’m still not a believer that Edmonds that get the job done in short yardage situations like goal line work, I think that’ll be Conners job. And J Williams of the Broncos , it’s going to be his job week one. 

Frisker and Everett and Higbee , all three of them are very good double digits draft picks to start a season, then I stream. 

Not a kicker fan, but M Gay of the Rams I think that team will be scoring a lot of points.  And his bye week is week 11.  

Def I like the Rams and the Skins and the Patriots. 

Now kickers and def I pick last and second to last so I’ll probably not get any of them. 

Note, 14 team non ppr.  

Thanks great thread. 

Man, quite a list 🙂 Like and agree on the Stafford, M Williams, J WIlliams and R Gage take

4 hours ago, jrokh said:

I have a question, so in your ppr league , if Kelce is available to you in the first round your passing on drafting him? 

Now I thought he’s a great first round pick, one that gives you a great leg up on ones competition, so I guess that was just more hot air talk like coach talk, and you would pass on him and take a te deeper into your draft like Hockensen. 

Thanks. 

Counting to five is proving to be a pretty challenging task for some of these guys.

21 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

Counting to five is proving to be a pretty challenging task for some of these guys.

What are your five? I assume some of your 'guys' or usually being taken in the same round  or ADP range?

38 minutes ago, weepaws said:

I have a question, so in your ppr league , if Kelce is available to you in the first round your passing on drafting him? 

Now I thought he’s a great first round pick, one that gives you a great leg up on ones competition, so I guess that was just more hot air talk like coach talk, and you would pass on him and take a te deeper into your draft like Hockensen. 

Thanks. 

For me if I had a late first round puck and took Kelce, I would have to take a RB in the 2nd.

1 hour ago, shaabyi said:

What are your five? I assume some of your 'guys' or usually being taken in the same round  or ADP range?

I don't think I have a "five"--as you have defined it--so rather than prattle off a dozen guys I think are good draft values at the moment, I have purposely refrained from answering.

2 hours ago, shaabyi said:

For me if I had a late first round puck and took Kelce, I would have to take a RB in the 2nd.

I would be a total mess. 

• Like 1

I suspect adps will change so much when in August that it is hard to say.

The ‘sleepers’ getting hype now will see adps rise. So for example, in 2 qb leagues, I expect Stafford’s adp to shoot up.

I have McLaurin in a dynasty league and one of the perennial playoff contenders is astutely, but unsuccessfully trying to pry him from me. But there are people who will default to the WFT pr train wreck that was and will pass on their players.

I like Axe’s Uzamoh suggestion. 
AJ Dhillon.  My bet is Rodgers is there for training camp. Miami D. They have the look of a team putting it together.  

KC wr2 and WR3. Also like the Charger backfield. 

3 hours ago, DrG said:

I suspect adps will change so much when in August that it is hard to say.

The ‘sleepers’ getting hype now will see adps rise. So for example, in 2 qb leagues, I expect Stafford’s adp to shoot up.

I have McLaurin in a dynasty league and one of the perennial playoff contenders is astutely, but unsuccessfully trying to pry him from me. But there are people who will default to the WFT pr train wreck that was and will pass on their players.

I like Axe’s Uzamoh suggestion. 
AJ Dhillon.  My bet is Rodgers is there for training camp. Miami D. They have the look of a team putting it together.  

KC wr2 and WR3. Also like the Charger backfield. 

Have a little question, when you say Charger backfield, you mean the Qb plus Ekeler, or do you mean just the Rbs?

I think Pitts is going way to early in a redraft.  

I'm definitely hoping g to snag JONATHAN TAYLOR and AJ BROWN in the first couple of rounds.I think both Taylor and Brown will finish top 5 at their positions. Even with Julio on the Titans I think that'll help Brown from being doubled covered. Yeah he'll lose some targets but dude is a beast after the catch and that'll help him with losing some targets. I'm also hoping to grab JUSTIN HERBERT. They've addressed the O-line and that'll help have a better year than he had as a rookie. I don't think 30 to 33 passing tds and 3 to 5 rushing tds is out of the question. Herbert will take the Chargers to the playoffs. I'd like to get PITTS but I won't overpay for him. I'd be happy with HOCKENSON. I think he'll break out even with Goff. Lions are gonna have to throw the ball. Then the last of the 5 I'm hoping to get is RB JAVONTE WILLIAMS. He'll lead all rookie rbs in rushing yards and tds. Maybe even rookie of the year but he might have to take a 2nd seat to Trevor Lawrence. So if all goes well and the Cards fall right for me I'm looking to have these 5 on my roster after my draft.                                  QB Herbert.                                                                 RB Taylor.                                                                     RB Williams.                                                               WR AJ Brown.                                                            TE Hockenson (possible Pitts).

• Like 2

4 hours ago, DocNiner said:

I'm definitely hoping g to snag JONATHAN TAYLOR and AJ BROWN in the first couple of rounds

Why would you take a RB2 that early?

You have a Wisconsin RB (and all Wisconsin RBs suck) who is a member of a three-headed RBBC as two-time 1000 yard rusher Marlon Mack returns to share the backfield--and Nyheim Hines gets all the passing downs/3rd down work.  There is literally no way that Taylor returns better than RB2 value this season--unless of course Mack gets hurt again, and Taylor gets to face Jacksonville, Las Vegas, and Houston all year like he did when he was making hay at the end of 2020.

Taylor does have a brutal schedule to start the year. 6 of the first 7 games will be against good defenses. I can see him losing some touches to Hines and Mack early but Reich has said the run game goes through Taylor. Mack had a pretty severe Achilles injury last year and even though hr was a 1,000 yd. back previously I don't see him taking a lot of carries away from Taylor. Hines on the other hand will no doubt get 3rd down ops and more receptions than Taylor. Taylor has a very favorable schedule the 2nd half of the season and I still believe he'll get 250 plus touches this year. If Wentz can regain some form and production that'll help keep 8 in the box not used as often. I don't pay attention to Wisconsin rb's being bad. Taylor is young, learning the pro game better and setting himself up to succeed. I'll take my chances with him in the first round but if Elliott and Taylor are both there come my pick I'll probably take Elliott.  Still I think Taylor has a shot as finishing top 5.

Well Axe, I took some of your advice. Just started an 8 team email draft. I had pick 1.6. When my pick came up both Taylor and Elliott were available. I took 'Zeke'. While I still like Taylor having Elliott available at the 6th pick was too hard to pass up.

3 hours ago, DocNiner said:

Well Axe, I took some of your advice. Just started an 8 team email draft. I had pick 1.6. When my pick came up both Taylor and Elliott were available. I took 'Zeke'. While I still like Taylor having Elliott available at the 6th pick was too hard to pass up.

Winning move.  

Good luck. 

Well, round 2 rolled around and who shows up available for my pick, Jonathan Taylor. I rolled the dice and took him. I still believe he'll post rb1 numbers.

32 minutes ago, DocNiner said:

Well, round 2 rolled around and who shows up available for my pick, Jonathan Taylor. I rolled the dice and took him. I still believe he'll post rb1 numbers.

Getting a top 10 RB in the second round is not rolling the dice. It’s closer to raking chips. Congrats…

4 hours ago, DocNiner said:

At least you drafted your RB2 at a more reasonable market value, unlike those maroons in other leagues who took a RB2 with the 6th overall pick or something.

And congrats for playing in one of the most savvy leagues on the planet.  Your leaguemates obviously know what they're doing.

7 hours ago, DocNiner said:

Taylor in the second round isn’t a dice rolling move, it’s the right move.  

2 hours ago, weepaws said:

Taylor in the second round isn’t a dice rolling move, it’s the right move.  

True Mr. Weepaws. I could went WR in the second but even if Axe doesn't like him and I see his point with Mack & Hines garnering touches I still.say Taylor will finish with RB1 numbers. Wentz will lean on him.

37 minutes ago, DocNiner said:

even if Axe doesn't like him

He didn't like him last year and he was a league winner. He'll be wrong again this year, and you will reap the benefits...

3 hours ago, DocNiner said:

even if Axe doesn't like him 

I don't like him in the top half of the first round.  If he falls into the range where other committee-based RBs (like Dobbins and Gibson) are being drafted, then have at him--that just doesn't happen very often.  There's nothing wrong with drafting him as a RB2 and expecting RB2 production.  Just don't invest a first-round pick and pretend that he's going to return RB1 production--especially not elite RB1 production.

had this for lunch today

20 hours ago, erikthebassist said:

1. Josh Allen

2. Stefon Diggs

3. Devin Singletary

4. Emmanuel Sanders

5. Bills Defense

Seems biased 🙂