Big Guy

The Delta Variant

10 hours ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

Oh haven't you heard? They've long since backed off the whole “vaccine keeps you from getting it” stuff and moved to more of a “you won't get it as seriously” rhetoric.

Yeah I know, but you assume there’s just some tiny chance you can still get it. Three different legislators getting it who were all vaccinated seems to suggest something different.

52 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

Yeah I know, but you assume there’s just some tiny chance you can still get it. Three different legislators getting it who were all vaccinated seems to suggest something different.

It has been stated publicly that the vaccine is 90% effective. I believe 50 democrats, all vaccinated, were on the plane? So 3 people testing positive is well within expectations.

The good news is that if you catch it after being vaccinated, it is highly likely your symptoms will be very mild, if any.

5 hours ago, dogcows said:

It has been stated publicly that the vaccine is 90% effective. I believe 50 democrats, all vaccinated, were on the plane? So 3 people testing positive is well within expectations.

The good news is that if you catch it after being vaccinated, it is highly likely your symptoms will be very mild, if any.

Yeah I also wonder if they got the J&J like the Yankees players that people tried to use as proof that the vaccines didn’t work too.

On 7/18/2021 at 1:37 AM, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

Oh haven't you heard? They've long since backed off the whole “vaccine keeps you from getting it” stuff and moved to more of a “you won't get it as seriously” rhetoric.

But you agree that the second part is true right?  Is that not the whole point of the vaccine after all, especially since covidiots have been declaring this a “casedemic” since last year?    Being less effective than advertised against “cases” is probably the one area where the hype about the “Delta Variant” is accurate.

19 hours ago, dogcows said:

More TX have Covid

20 hours ago, dogcows said:

If you catch it and you’re not vaccinated it is highly likely your symptoms will be mild. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

If you catch it and you’re not vaccinated it is highly likely your symptoms will be mild. 

But more likely if you're vaccinated.  Overall I agree with what you're getting at--if the Texas democrats have no or mild symptoms it's not necessarily "proof" that the vaccine works.  But it's not proof it doesn't either.   Similar to the Yankees situation.

Here's some proof it works though:

The second chart is a small sample size (which of course is further evidence that the vaccines are working with so few hospitalized), and of course there are hardly any 90+ year olds unvaccinated.

This guy, who I had never heard of before this morning, has an interesting and unbiased article about the Delta Variant - https://arieh.substack.com/p/inside-israels-delta-outbreak-part

Admits that the Pfizer vaccine is less effective against Delta, which the Israel Health Ministry has said as well.  However the Israel Health Ministry also said it's still 93% effective at preventing serious disease and vaccination.

Also admits that prior infection may provide better immunity than the vaccine.  But he has a good line on that:  "Of course, the whole point of vaccination is to be better than catching the disease. Catching Covid is a bad way to stop yourself from catching Covid."

It's funny how they are currently is a catch-22 situation, trying to pimp the vax.

Delta variant...oohhh scary, you need vaccinated before you catch this highly contagious variant. So they want you to believe that if you are not vaxxed, you are in danger.

Well, they are ALSO saying that most cases of delta are in the unvaccinated. Uh-oh. The death rate of Delta is less than seasonal influenza. (0.2-0.5 %)

So they can't say, well that's cause they are vaccinated because they just said most cases are among unvaccinated. This is what happens when you are running a lie. Eventually you corner yourself.

All the right wing people on tv you guys think are anti vax were prob among the first people in line to get vaccinated. Carlson, Trump cabinet guys etc, all of them.

1 minute ago, tanatastic said:

All the right wing people on tv you guys think are anti vax were prob among the first people in line to get vaccinated. Carlson, Trump cabinet guys etc, all of them.

Thats cause they’re about 5x smarter than the average rube who supports them.

4 minutes ago, tanatastic said:

I have no opinion on who is vaxxed and who isn't. It only seems to matter to libs.  :dunno:

17 minutes ago, lod001 said:

It's funny how they are currently is a catch-22 situation, trying to pimp the vax.

Delta variant...oohhh scary, you need vaccinated before you catch this highly contagious variant. So they want you to believe that if you are not vaxxed, you are in danger.

Well, they are ALSO saying that most cases of delta are in the unvaccinated. Uh-oh. The death rate of Delta is less than seasonal influenza. (0.2-0.5 %)

So they can't say, well that's cause they are vaccinated because they just said most cases are among unvaccinated. This is what happens when you are running a lie. Eventually you corner yourself.

Timcuck already debunked the official UK study as not conforming to his agenda. 

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, tanatastic said:

Carlson never said he was anti vax. You’re either stupid or lying. Your choice. 

22 minutes ago, lod001 said:

The biggest lie in this post is saying 0.2-0.5% is lower than seasonal influenza.   Seasonal influenza is more like 0.1% (https://www.cdc.gov/flu/about/burden/2018-2019.htmlhttps://www.cdc.gov/flu/about/burden-averted/2017-2018.htmhttps://www.cdc.gov/flu/about/burden/2016-2017.html), and that's only based on estimated symptomatic illnesses.

The only claim that has any credibility is that "most" of the cases are not in the unvaccinated.   But most of the deaths are, in the US at least.  I believe the "99%" claim is because there have been a little over 1k "with covid" deaths among fully vaccinated individuals through 7/12/21 (https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/covid-19/health-departments/breakthrough-cases.html).   There have been about 90k "with covid" deaths since 3/1 (https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/), so 1k/90k = 1%.

In the UK, they have a higher vaccinated % (and I believe also more prevalence of Delta), so they are seeing a higher number of vaccinated covid deaths.   But that data still shows that the vaccine is ~90% effective at preventing death, which is what Timmy is referring to where I accurately debunked him.

By the way, looks like Dr. Lamartiniere was indicted in 2018 and isn't actually a practicing physician, also confirmed by the gofundme he created in 2020  - https://www.justice.gov/usao-mdla/pr/baton-rouge-based-health-care-fraud-strike-force-announces-charges-against-twenty-six (and the link in his twitter bio doesn't even work)

19 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

The biggest lie in this post is saying 0.2-0.5% is lower than seasonal influenza.   Seasonal influenza is more like 0.1% (https://www.cdc.gov/flu/about/burden/2018-2019.htmlhttps://www.cdc.gov/flu/about/burden-averted/2017-2018.htmhttps://www.cdc.gov/flu/about/burden/2016-2017.html), and that's only based on estimated symptomatic illnesses.

You're link states 0.1% as the lowest rate among the most healthy ages with the lowest number of cases.  Nice try though.  :thumbsup: 

10 minutes ago, TimmySmith said:

You're link states 0.1% as the lowest rate among the most healthy ages with the lowest number of cases.  Nice try though.  :thumbsup: 

I was going off the totals:

2018-2019: 34k deaths / 34 million symptomatic illnesses (0.10%)

2017-2018: 61k deaths / 45 million people sick (0.14%)

2016-2017:  38k deaths / 29 million illnesses (0.13%)

Nice try though.

37 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Carlson never said he was anti vax. You’re either stupid or lying. Your choice. 

The low IQ tards like to equate "anti-vax" with "I disagree with the process in which they are trying to get everyone vaxxed".

13 minutes ago, TimmySmith said:

Which number are you even looking at?  I don't think they actually have a death rate on there.  There is an estimated deaths per 100k people, and the 2018-2019 page has a % of total flu deaths by age, which of course is not even remotely the same thing, but I'm sure you knew that right?

1 hour ago, TimmySmith said:

I have no opinion on who is vaxxed and who isn't. It only seems to matter to libs.  :dunno:

so focking weird how much they care about this??? i don't give 2 focks who's vaccinated or not. if you are vaccinated and feel safe now, why do you give a fock if someone isnt???

3 minutes ago, porkbutt said:

so focking weird how much they care about this??? i don't give 2 focks who's vaccinated or not. if you are vaccinated and feel safe now, why do you give a fock if someone isnt???

I generally don't, but if they are actively trashing the vaccines, or in Tucker's case "just asking questions," it does reek of hypocrisy.

2 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

I generally don't, but if they are actively trashing the vaccines, or in Tucker's case "just asking questions," it does reek of hypocrisy.

you go girl :thumbsup:...don't want the vaccines getting bullied.

11 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

I got vaccinated.  As info changes I have questions. How is that hypocritical? You people suck so bad at making your point you need exaggeration and hyperbole to do it. But you continually fail. You remind me of the religious right. 

4 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

I got vaccinated.  As info changes I have questions. How is that hypocritical? You people suck so bad at making your point you need exaggeration and hyperbole to do it. But you continually fail. You remind me of the religious right. 

Tucker's aren't really questions.

9 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

Tucker's aren't really questions.

Example? And his show is about info. Again, a non point being passed of as a relevant point.  

51 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

I was going off the totals:

2018-2019: 34k deaths / 34 million symptomatic illnesses (0.10%)

2017-2018: 61k deaths / 45 million people sick (0.14%)

2016-2017:  38k deaths / 29 million illnesses (0.13%)

Nice try though.

Hey liar, why do your own math when Table 2 does it all.  :dunno:

14 minutes ago, TimmySmith said:

:pointstosky:

17 minutes ago, TimmySmith said:

That's not the CFR, that's the estimated deaths per 100k people.  For 2018-2019:

Age------------Illness rate-------------------------------------------Medical visit rate----------------------------------------Hospitalization rate--------------Mortality Rate

0-4 yrs 18,339.50 (12,652.8, 36,341.4) 12,287.50 (8,419.3, 24,332.1) 127.9 (88.2,   253.4) 1.3 (0.4, 3.6)
5-17 yrs 14,300.10 (11,248.5, 19,478.6) 7,436.10 (5,724.0, 10,106.0) 39.2 (30.8,    53.4) 0.4 (0.1, 1.2)
18-49 yrs 8,621.50 (7,293.1, 11,602.9) 3,190.00 (2,532.0,  4,388.9) 48.4 (40.9,    65.1) 1.8 (1.0, 4.2)
50-64 yrs 14,627.10 (10,422.7, 24,952.5) 6,289.60 (4,295.4, 10,903.7) 155.1 (110.5,   264.6) 9 (5.6, 21.4)
65+ yrs 5,861.40 (3,831.5, 11,502.1) 3,282.40 (2,093.2,  6,475.1) 532.9 (348.3, 1,045.6) 48.7 (34.1, 78.9)

0-4 years: 1.3 deaths / 18,339.5 = 0.01% 

5-17 years: 0.4 deaths / 14,300. 1 = 0.003%

18-49 years: 1.8 deaths / 8,621.5 = 0.02%

50-64 years: 9 deaths / 14,627.1 = 0.06%

65+ years: 48.7 deaths / 5,861.4 = 0.83%

Nice try though.

6 hours ago, TimHauck said:

The only claim that has any credibility is that "most" of the cases are not in the unvaccinated.   But most of the deaths are, in the US at least.  I believe the "99%" claim is because there have been a little over 1k "with covid" deaths among fully vaccinated individuals through 7/12/21 (https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/covid-19/health-departments/breakthrough-cases.html).   There have been about 90k "with covid" deaths since 3/1 (https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/), so 1k/90k = 1%.

In the UK, they have a higher vaccinated % (and I believe also more prevalence of Delta), so they are seeing a higher number of vaccinated covid deaths.   But that data still shows that the vaccine is ~90% effective at preventing death, which is what Timmy is referring to where I accurately debunked him.

By the way, looks like Dr. Lamartiniere was indicted in 2018 and isn't actually a practicing physician, also confirmed by the gofundme he created in 2020  - https://www.justice.gov/usao-mdla/pr/baton-rouge-based-health-care-fraud-strike-force-announces-charges-against-twenty-six (and the link in his twitter bio doesn't even work)

It also misses the point that Delta variant of COVID-19 is way more infectious than the flu.

22 minutes ago, dogcows said:

It also misses the point that Delta variant of COVID-19 is way more infectious than the flu.

And yet I feel great. :thumbsup:

• Like 1

After today’s stock market downturn (attributed to Delta variant by many analysts), we are starting to see some Republicans more openly encourage people to get the vaccine. Now that the Wall Street types are worried, the Republican politicians are probably going to be standing next to Biden when he knocks on your door with a syringe!

5 minutes ago, dogcows said:

After today’s stock market downturn (attributed to Delta variant by many analysts), we are starting to see some Republicans more openly encourage people to get the vaccine. Now that the Wall Street types are worried, the Republican politicians are probably going to be standing next to Biden when he knocks on your door with a syringe!

you have that backwards

Wall Street spent over $74 million to back Joe Biden’s run for president, topping Trump
https://www.cnbc.com/2020/10/28/wall-street-spends-74-million-to-support-joe-biden.html

17 minutes ago, dogcows said:

This kid still thinks Wall Street backs republicans. Clueless. I guess he missed the whole Wikileaks thing back in 2016. 

I don't give a sh1t about the beta delta zelda variant. Not one sh1t.

On 7/18/2021 at 9:38 AM, dogcows said:

Your back of the napkin math presumes that all 50 of the democrats would have gotten Covid in the absence of the vaccine, no?

12 hours ago, TimHauck said:

But you agree that the second part is true right?  Is that not the whole point of the vaccine after all, especially since covidiots have been declaring this a “casedemic” since last year?    Being less effective than advertised against “cases” is probably the one area where the hype about the “Delta Variant” is accurate.

I have no idea if the second part is true or not.

Just another in the chain of lies... you don't need a mask, yes you do, stay home for two weeks, make that two yeats, get this vaccine, it will keep you from getting it, except it won't. 

Why are vaccines political? Jesus Christ, stop with the Tucker worship. Hes a focking dbag that is making a living off of focking  morons eating up his bullsh!t... just like Maddow. Turn off cable news and go talk to a girl you focking losers. Maybe you will finally get to see a vagina.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Brad GLuckman said:

Why are vaccines political? Jesus Christ, stop with the Tucker worship. Hes a focking that is making a living off of focking morons eating up his bullsh!t... just like Maddow. Turn off cable news and go talk to a girl you focking losers. Maybe you will finally get to see a vagina.

What are you taking about?? Did he say people shouldn’t get vaccinated? Did Maddow? 

28 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

What are you taking about?? Did he say people shouldn’t get vaccinated? Did Maddow? 

Are you asking if there is a segment where your crush, Tucker, looks into the camera and instructs his loyal followers to not get vaccinated? If so, you are right, he doesnt take it that far.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2021/05/06/tucker-carlsons-worst-vaccine-segment-yet/

13 minutes ago, Gladiators said:

Brad, it’s time to put the bottle down and go to bed.

You would be correct, Gladiators. 

Drunk on vacation, wife and kids asleep, and I picked up my tablet.  Big mistake 😁