tubby_mcgee

California Students will wear masks regardless of vaccination status.

On 7/14/2021 at 9:09 AM, Hardcore troubadour said:

You seem to be surrounded by the extremes of society. 

You'd be surprised how many people actually believe crap like that.

10 minutes ago, JustinCharge said:

Irvine is where a lot of liberal corporations set up shop because its far away from crime and they can safely virtue-signal that they like minorities without having to interact with them.  Cultures like Irvine is why everyone turned against corporations.

irvine might have a lot of liberal corporations, but its one of the most conservative cities in the state, you get a ticket if you give anything to a homeless, and any homeless is removed from the city

37 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

You'd be surprised how many people actually believe crap like that.

Yeah, they’re all over the internet. 

39 minutes ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

irvine might have a lot of liberal corporations, but its one of the most conservative cities in the state, you get a ticket if you give anything to a homeless, and any homeless is removed from the city

Well you don't see a lot of homeless because they built it to be utterly unwalkable.  Driving from one block to another is nothing but sidewalk.  No stores or anything for super long stretches.  Helps keep everyone out.

2 hours ago, JustinCharge said:

Well you don't see a lot of homeless because they built it to be utterly unwalkable.  Driving from one block to another is nothing but sidewalk.  No stores or anything for super long stretches.  Helps keep everyone out.

I believe Irvine and Temecula are the two cities where panhandling and giving to panhandlers is illegal

On 7/13/2021 at 3:19 PM, Utilit99 said:
AMA Journal: Masks Are Bad For Your Kids. Quit Forcing Them To Wear Them

AMA Journal: Masks Are Bad For Your Kids. Quit Forcing Them To Wear Them

JULY 1, 2021 By Maggie Hroncich

A new report published by an American Medical Association journal revealed forcing children to wear face masks leads to adverse health effects. JAMA Pediatrics, a top-rated monthly journal published by the AMA, found wearing face masks increases the amount of carbon dioxide in inhaled air to unhealthy levels.

The study measured carbon dioxide levels in 45 children ages 6-17 while wearing masks. The normal content of carbon dioxide in the air is 400 parts per million (ppm), with anything above 2000 ppm considered unacceptable by the German Federal Environmental Office

The JAMA report measured averages of 13,120 to 13,910 ppm of carbon dioxide in the inhaled air of children wearing masks, which is over six times higher than the unsafe threshold. The study further pointed out this measurement was after only three minutes of wearing a mask. Children forced to wear masks at school find themselves wearing masks for hours, five days a week.

The JAMA report follows a larger German survey of over 25,000 children, which found 68 percent of them reportedly had problems while wearing facial coverings.

https://thefederalist.com/2021/07/01/ama-journal-masks-are-bad-for-your-kids-quit-forcing-them-to-wear-them/

Another study bites the dust 

https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jamapediatrics/fullarticle/2782288

3 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

So you think kids wearing masks all day isn’t unhealthy? 

I think if they were, considering many kids across the country (and world) wore them this whole school year, that we would’ve heard of more issues.

37 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

I think if they were, considering many kids across the country (and world) wore them this whole school year, that we would’ve heard of more issues.

So it’s just physical issues that concerns you? 

7 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

So it’s just physical issues that concerns you? 

No, but unfortunately we were/are in a worldwide pandemic.  That (including possibly losing parents or grandparents to the virus) likely has a much larger impact on people’s mental health than having to wear a T-shirt on your face at school.

2 hours ago, TimHauck said:

No, but unfortunately we were/are in a worldwide pandemic.  That (including possibly losing parents or grandparents to the virus) likely has a much larger impact on people’s mental health than having to wear a T-shirt on your face at school.

So why is anyone getting vaxxed?  Perhaps it's a mental health issue, also. :dunno:

22 minutes ago, TimmySmith said:

So why is anyone getting vaxxed?  Perhaps it's a mental health issue, also. :dunno:

I was more referring to last year before the vaccine.   I have said (in the main covid thread) that I disagree with mask mandates for elementary school and below (because the data I've seen says those kids don't spread covid much, not because masks are dangerous), and that any mask mandates for older kids should be tied to local covid prevalence.   If it's high, I do agree with requiring it for all though, wouldn't want to discriminate against the unvaccinated.