Sign in to follow this  
Kopy

What's the most WTF thing you ever did in Fantasy Football?

What's the craziest thing you've ever done in Fantasy Football?

It can be anything. A trade you did that was just nuts. Drafting extremely early on someone. Something maybe booze related you would've never done sober.

What's your worst never again moment?

I don't know that they are "never again" moments, but I have done a couple of things that would be "crazy" if they were done by anyone other than Axe Elf.

First was a 10-team league in which I selected my team from the free agents left over after the other 9 teams had drafted their players.  As compensation, I had the first waiver priority each week.  I placed third in the league, but with 7 more points in the semi-finals, I would have won the Championship.  That one was only a token $20 league, though.

Then a couple of years ago in a $250 RTFFC Championship league, I selected Greg Zeurlein at 1.8 and the Bears DST at 2.5 (and ended up wasting my 5th round pick on an AJ Green that would not play all season to boot), and if I hadn't benched Will Fuller for his Week 5 Fiftyburger, I would have placed 2nd in the league.  As it was, I finished 5th, the first team to miss the playoffs.

Traded Calvin Johnson during the 2013 season.  Was worried because he had 2-3 straight weeks of a nagging injury.  Don’t even remember who I got, but it wasn’t anywhere near what I gave up.  He blew up and never looked back the weekend after I traded him.

Drafted admittedly at a draft party after a few beers. Some bad late round picks. Draft first, celebrate later.

Drafted qbs and tes before double digit rounds when I first started. 

Now I’ve learned and been a winner. 

Never again.  

The guys at work pestered me about playing fantasy football in 2003 & 2004. Finally, in 2005 I agreed.

Had no idea what I was doing. I had the first pick.... 10 team standard scoring Yahoo league & grabbed Peyton Manning 1st.

WENT ON TO DRAFT AT LEAST 4 MORE QB'S THINKING I COULD USE THEM FOR TRADES!

I'm lucky the other players didn't take me out behind the woodshed!

I learned to work the waiver wire, play the matchups, & ended up finishing 3rd.

1 hour ago, easilyscan said:

I learned to work the waiver wire, play the matchups, & ended up finishing 3rd.

This is kind of the point I was making with my stunts--it almost doesn't matter who you draft if your in-season management is sound.

Of course, working the waiver wire is going to be less successful if there is an Axe Elf disciple in your league who drafted all the best players already anyway, but any other league, sure.

If you want to test your drafting skill, then you do a Draft Master/Best Ball league (or participate in a league with an Axe Elf disciple).

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, Kopy said:

Something maybe booze related you would've never done sober.

That's spot on!

The very first year we started our big redraft league, I won the first round, I picked Priest Homes 4th overall the season he broke the TD record.

See, it was to be a drinking day, so I stopped by the ABC store and got a pint of Vodka before the draft. By the 2nd round, I was pretty tipsy.

I draft the Bucs D in the 2nd round. While they were a great defense, I could have gotten them several rounds later obviously.

A close second on this list, and I can't blame it on alcohol, lol.

I panicked and drafted Peyton Manning the year he missed with the neck injury. There was a run on QBs, and I was planning on Tony Romo being there as the last viable starter. He got taken right before my pick though. I panicked and took Peyton. Well, that was a big flop. Even worse, I panicked again without having a QB and overpaid in a trade for Joe Flacco.

I know, I know. Luckily, I was bailed out by picking up a rookie Cam Newton on waivers.

My first Fantasy football season I drafted Eric Metcalf with my early 1st round pick. It was an established 4 to 5 year league, and there were chuckles.

I considered weepaws knowledgeable in fantasy football a few years ago.

48 minutes ago, nobody said:

WINNER!

3 hours ago, nobody said:

You must not be able to read, I’ve been telling everyone that post after post, I mean why am I even here? 

I don’t watch the game and ff is just a hobby, and is 100% Luck,  it’s sad to see that you considered me knowledgeable in ff. 

Please to anyone seeing this, don’t take my advice serious, ff is just a money making hobby for yours truly. 

Thanks. 

3 hours ago, AxeElf said:

WINNER!

Concur. 

On 7/14/2021 at 3:16 PM, AxeElf said:

I don't know that they are "never again" moments, but I have done a couple of things that would be "crazy" if they were done by anyone other than Axe Elf.

First was a 10-team league in which I selected my team from the free agents left over after the other 9 teams had drafted their players.  As compensation, I had the first waiver priority each week.  I placed third in the league, but with 7 more points in the semi-finals, I would have won the Championship.  That one was only a token $20 league, though.

Then a couple of years ago in a $250 RTFFC Championship league, I selected Greg Zeurlein at 1.8 and the Bears DST at 2.5 (and ended up wasting my 5th round pick on an AJ Green that would not play all season to boot), and if I hadn't benched Will Fuller for his Week 5 Fiftyburger, I would have placed 2nd in the league.  As it was, I finished 5th, the first team to miss the playoffs.

Utilit99's moves are never crazy. They may look like it to others, but Utilit99's moves always win him the title. Every year in every league he plays in.  :thumbsup:

In one of my early FF years, the year the Titans had Jevon Kearse and Kevin Carter, I took the Titans Defense in the second round.  I don’t think that worked out too well...and the Titans didn’t even end up being that good that year.

Benched Corey Dillon the night he set, at the time, the single game rushing record in 2000