Sign in to follow this  
wiffleball

The advanced child tax credit

7 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

I checked mine earlier.  I got $500.  Doesn't make much sense to me.

You’re poor and/or have too many kids :( 

54 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

Middle class with two kids. 

7 minutes ago, Alias Detective said:

Nothing in life is free unless the government hands you money.  Crazy train!

Then kicks in raised taxes and mega inflation. Everyone loses in the end except for the laziest, stupid, and least productive people in the country.  :(

49 minutes ago, Utilit99 said:

Everyone loses in the end except for the laziest, stupid, and least productive people in the country.  Democrats :(

2 hours ago, TheNewGirl said:

I haven't gotten the child tax credit for years. I won't get anything this time around either. 

That's because you're barren. 

Closest thing to a life form coming from your nethers is a yeast infection.

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Alias Detective said:

Only the added benefit for 2021 is refundable.  Again, liberal bottom dwellers will get a smaller refund and cry like babies when they do.

If this the case (I believe you), isn’t that technically probably a good thing?

Give them a steady stream of money so they are more likely to actually use it on things they need, rather than give them a big lump sum that they are more likely to use for a PS5 or something stupid.

...and if they get mad, then that’s less chance of “buying votes,” right?

2 hours ago, Hawkeye21 said:

Middle class with two kids. 

Nice. They really are looking out for the middle class, and isn’t that a breath of fresh air? :cheers:

10 hours ago, Frozenbeernuts said:

Supply that was destroyed by shutting everything down. 

Was it though?

Maybe I’m misremembering, but I don’t really recall many shortages in 2020 other than toilet paper, hand sanitizer and Lysol wipes, and some meat products for a couple weeks (and the meat products were moreso because there were like 50% of meat processing plants that had covid)

I feel like a lot of the shortages really started around like March or so of this year.  So IMO the shortages were technically caused by reopening, not by shutting down.  People wanted to get back to doing the things they used to, but for multiple reasons (the government giving out money, being afraid of getting or spreading covid, getting training in other fields, not wanting to deal with angry Karens to name a few), a lot of people didn’t want to do the same jobs they used to.

13 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

So IMO the shortages were technically caused by reopening, not by shutting down. 

What in the absolutely fock? :wacko:

8 minutes ago, Cdub100 said:

Yeah, he's something special. 

23 minutes ago, Cdub100 said:

Wow. It’s comical at this point. Sometimes I’ve thought he was Shonuff. He’s not. Shonuff isn’t this nuts. 

I didn't read all the posts in this thread so I apologize if this question was already answered...

Will the poor girl in the OP use some of this money to just get a focking abortion next time she gets knocked up?

1 minute ago, DonS said:

I didn't read all the posts in this thread so I apologize if this question was already answered...

Will the poor girl in the OP use some of this money to just get a focking abortion next time she gets knocked up?

Are you kidding? Why stop the gravy train?

54 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

Was it though?

Maybe I’m misremembering, but I don’t really recall many shortages in 2020 other than toilet paper, hand sanitizer and Lysol wipes, and some meat products for a couple weeks (and the meat products were moreso because there were like 50% of meat processing plants that had covid)

I feel like a lot of the shortages really started around like March or so of this year.  So IMO the shortages were technically caused by reopening, not by shutting down.  People wanted to get back to doing the things they used to, but for multiple reasons (the government giving out money, being afraid of getting or spreading covid, getting training in other fields, not wanting to deal with angry Karens to name a few), a lot of people didn’t want to do the same jobs they used to.

This doesn't make any sense. Shortages were caused by life starting to go back to normal? Like everyone just had to eat twice the amount of chicken they normally do?

40 minutes ago, Cdub100 said:

My first thought when I read that

4 hours ago, IGotWorms said:

2 kids over six. Makes less than 150K. 

1 hour ago, Cdub100 said:

What actual shortages did we have in 2020 besides toilet paper, hand sanitizer, and lysol wipes?

edit: oh and guns and coins

50 minutes ago, Frozenbeernuts said:

This doesn't make any sense. Shortages were caused by life starting to go back to normal? Like everyone just had to eat twice the amount of chicken they normally do?

The shortages were ultimately the result of covid.  But with demand down for a lot of things in 2020, there really weren't many major shortages that I recall, particularly ones that were the result of lower production due to covid shutdowns.   Again I said earlier maybe I am misremembering and as I think about it more, I guess you can include things like bikes and exercise equipment, but those were more the result of insane demand than reduced supply.

I feel like a lot of the major shortages in the news didn't really have stuff hit the fan until 2021, so yeah, I think some of the shortages were caused by life starting to go back to normal.   For example lumber and cars had much bigger spikes in 2021 than 2020 (https://www.cnbc.com/2021/06/30/lumber-prices-dive-more-than-40percent-in-june-biggest-monthly-drop-on-record.html and https://www.cbsnews.com/news/us-inflation-rate-rising-car-prices-cpi/), although of course lumber is finally starting to come back down.

One of the most talked about shortages, labor, is certainly tied to life starting to go back to normal.   People didn't eat twice as much chicken, but twice (or more) as many people started going to restaurants.  And many former employees didn't want to come back.

Well sh!t... $333 deposited...  We haven't been eligible for the child tax credit for years die to income.  Wtf now.  I just put this !t in a shoe box to pay it back next year?

Focking redic...

56 minutes ago, mmmmm...beer said:

Well sh!t... $333 deposited...  We haven't been eligible for the child tax credit for years die to income.  Wtf now.  I just put this !t in a shoe box to pay it back next year?

Focking redic...

So. Ruff numbers. You'll have an aprox $2,000 fully refundable credit available when you file your 2021 taxes. 

10 hours ago, IGotWorms said:

Nice. They really are looking out for the middle class, and isn’t that a breath of fresh air? :cheers:

I don’t think it’s needed. 

Wiff claims to be an expert, but he's actually dumb on this topic. PLEASE don't listen to him.

Reading more as he requested:

Who should consider opting out of the Child Tax Credit payments?

There are a handful of reasons why you may choose to unenroll from the monthly payments, according to tax professionals.

If you typically owe taxes: If you typically owe taxes to Uncle Sam and use the CTC to offset what you owe, getting half of your 2021 credit as advance payments may mean a bigger tax bill in April 2022.

36 minutes ago, supermike80 said:

Wiff claims to be an expert, but he's actually dumb on this topic. PLEASE don't listen to him.

Reading more as he requested:

Who should consider opting out of the Child Tax Credit payments?

There are a handful of reasons why you may choose to unenroll from the monthly payments, according to tax professionals.

If you typically owe taxes: If you typically owe taxes to Uncle Sam and use the CTC to offset what you owe, getting half of your 2021 credit as advance payments may mean a bigger tax bill in April 2022.

Remember, Wiff is looking at this as a low-income individual (how the hell is he in the GC?).  He thinks this is going to be great for all the whores who can't keep their legs closed or use proper protection.  It's simply another form of welfare...

3 minutes ago, Gladiators said:

Remember, Wiff is looking at this as a low-income individual (how the hell is he in the GC?).  He thinks this is going to be great for all the whores who can't keep their legs closed or use proper protection.  It's simply another form of welfare...

He's wrong from that angle too.    Doesn't matter your income level.  The money is paid up front, which means you will get less credit at tax time.  Period.  

You will still get the whole credit....but since you already received some of it, you wont get it again in April.   

6 minutes ago, supermike80 said:

He's wrong from that angle too.    Doesn't matter your income level.  The money is paid up front, which means you will get less credit at tax time.  Period.  

You will still get the whole credit....but since you already received some of it, you wont get it again in April.   

He's not completely wrong.  The credit was only partially refundable in the past.  Now the credit has increased and is fully refundable, so it'll help the low-income individuals the most.  I think it's stupid to pay this out.  Low-income people are generally idiots...This monthly payment they get will become part of their monthly budget.  If it goes away starting in January 2022, they're going to be in for a world of hurt.  If it doesn't go away, it's exactly what others have said...working towards UBI.

1 minute ago, Gladiators said:

He's not completely wrong.  The credit was only partially refundable in the past.  Now the credit has increased and is fully refundable, so it'll help the low-income individuals the most.  I think it's stupid to pay this out.  Low-income people are generally idiots...This monthly payment they get will become part of their monthly budget.  If it goes away starting in January 2022, they're going to be in for a world of hurt.  If it doesn't go away, it's exactly what others have said...working towards UBI.

Well he was right about one thing...we are kind of talking about two different things here.  I am specifically talking about the child care tax credit given out every year at tax time.  The gubbermint has decided to increase it, and pay out some monthly.  Which will take off from the end of year credit, since they have received it already.  Yes they will benefit MORE than in the past overall,  but at tax time, they will not get as big of a tax credit, since they already received some of it up front, and this will shock people.  Just mark this thread, I guarantee CNN, the NYT etc. will be telling us all about the poor woman in Detroit who now has to pay $1000 (which she of course doesn't have) where she used to get $1000 refunded.  

Just now, supermike80 said:

Well he was right about one thing...we are kind of talking about two different things here.  I am specifically talking about the child care tax credit given out every year at tax time.  The gubbermint has decided to increase it, and pay out some monthly.  Which will take off from the end of year credit, since they have received it already.  Yes they will benefit MORE than in the past overall,  but at tax time, they will not get as big of a tax credit, since they already received some of it up front, and this will shock people.  Just mark this thread, I guarantee CNN, the NYT etc. will be telling us all about the poor woman in Detroit who now has to pay $1000 (which she of course doesn't have) where she used to get $1000 refunded.  

Yep.  It'll impact the middle class the most when it comes time to file their returns.

32 minutes ago, Gladiators said:

It's going to hurt stupid poor Americans in two ways.

1. I agree with you it will become part of their "budget". And by budget it will get spent on stupid sh1t and they'll have no idea. Once it's gone they will hurt for a couple of months until they adapt.

2. Poor people use taxes as a forced saving plan whether they know it or not. They need that 1-5k tax refund every year. Now it's going to be half and hell they may even owe money. You'll see them b1tching next year asking "WHY AM I GETTING LESS MONEY?!?!?!? :cry:

I'm taking it because that's my money and don't need the government to hold it for me. That being said I haven't received anything, Hell I just got my tax refund last week.

There is a woman I know, retired army reservist, and is probably one of the worst soldiers I ever worked with.  Total leach.  She plans out her Veterans Day hitting up all the freebies in about a twenty mile radius wearing an obscene army retired ballcap that usually the stolen valor buy at a gas station.

well, she was on Facebook bitching that she isn’t getting the child credit and she should get it too.  Her youngest is 28… none of her kids live with her.  She said she deserves to eat steak and all that because she did raise her kids.

leach

• Haha 1

So, I looked up mine and we are getting about $167 each month. 

Since we pay taxes every year (last year we owed around $10k) getting this $167 will NOT help us, only hurt. So I've opted out. 

1 hour ago, Cdub100 said:

It's going to hurt stupid poor Americans in two ways.

1. I agree with you it will become part of their "budget". And by budget it will get spent on stupid sh1t and they'll have no idea. Once it's gone they will hurt for a couple of months until they adapt.

2. Poor people use taxes as a forced saving plan whether they know it or not. They need that 1-5k tax refund every year. Now it's going to be half and hell they may even owe money. You'll see them b1tching next year asking "WHY AM I GETTING LESS MONEY?!?!?!? :cry:

I'm taking it because that's my money and don't need the government to hold it for me. That being said I haven't received anything, Hell I just got my tax refund last week.

But don't you think they'd be more likely to spend the 5k tax refund on stupid sh1t than a lower amount that's spread across multiple months?

3 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

But don't you think they'd be more likely to spend the 5k tax refund on stupid sh1t than a lower amount that's spread across multiple months?

I don't.  Something needs fixed on a car if they have one....they do it at tax time.  Need a new couch because current one is old and nasty...at tax time.  Pay off a debt? Do it at tax time.    

Not all poor people are the same nor would spend it the same.   

But why do you think bad parents would spend a monthly 500 better than getting a lump sum at tax time?  Drugs booze and junk food vs a PS5? What is the difference?  People bad with money will spend a weekly amount worse.  At least at tax time you may purchase something large.  Not nickle and dime it away on coors light and weed.  

4 minutes ago, listen2me 23 said:

I don't.  Something needs fixed on a car if they have one....they do it at tax time.  Need a new couch because current one is old and nasty...at tax time.  Pay off a debt? Do it at tax time.    

But why do you think bad parents would spend a monthly 500 better than getting a lump sum at tax time?  Drugs booze and junk food vs a PS5? What is the difference?  People bad with money will spend a weekly amount worse.  At least at tax time you may purchase something large.  Not nickle and dime it away on coors light and weed.  

Oh yeah.  Large.  My daughters old friend..POS with 3 girls.  Scumbag in everyway. Lived in a trailer.  My daughter used to have to lend her money so se could feed her kids.  Hell my daughter was more of a mom to those girls than their actual mother was.   She got like a 10K refund or something( don't remember what exactly but it was large)  she barely even worked

Wanna know what she bought with that instead of feeding her kids?  Breasts.  

The second year it happened again..wanna know what she bought that time?  A tattoo kit.  Which she never used.

5 minutes ago, supermike80 said:

Oh yeah.  Large.  My daughters old friend..POS with 3 girls.  Scumbag in everyway. Lived in a trailer.  My daughter used to have to lend her money so se could feed her kids.  Hell my daughter was more of a mom to those girls than their actual mother was.   She got like a 10K refund or something( don't remember what exactly but it was large)  she barely even worked

Wanna know what she bought with that instead of feeding her kids?  Breasts.  

The second year it happened again..wanna know what she bought that time?  A tattoo kit.  Which she never used.

At least she put that money to good use.  Something others get to enjoy.

4 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

At least she put that money to good use.  Something others get to enjoy.

Youd think so.but shes super ugly....With terrible gross teeth.  The breasts didn't help her much

• Sad 1

36 minutes ago, supermike80 said:

Youd think so.but shes super ugly....With terrible gross teeth.  The breasts didn't help her much

At least she has those to look at and not her face.  Maybe that's why she got them?

1 hour ago, listen2me 23 said:

yeah, im actually more in favor of a series of smaller payments.