Sign in to follow this  
wiffleball

The advanced child tax credit

4 hours ago, TheNewGirl said:

So, I looked up mine and we are getting about $167 each month. 

Since we pay taxes every year (last year we owed around $10k) getting this $167 will NOT help us, only hurt. So I've opted out. 

Can I opt out after the fact?  Like opt out now after the first payment?

Do the libs care that the libs are at fault for the problem with restaurants closed, businesses not being able to find help,  businesses only open half the hours they are usually open?

Do the libs have an opinion on all the "free money" the libs are giving out?

Lets hear a board libs thoughts.

4 hours ago, TheNewGirl said:

So, I looked up mine and we are getting about $167 each month. 

Since we pay taxes every year (last year we owed around $10k) getting this $167 will NOT help us, only hurt. So I've opted out. 

There... I unenrolled from the dumb child tax credit payments.

You have to go to IRS.gov and verify your ID and you can opt out.

What is most telling about this entire thread is how many of you think you are politically erudite and educated and then saw this thread and came up with crap like well if this is true.. I doubt whiffles right, but...and well this seems unlikely.. and then- holy crap I just looked at my bank account..

And you have f****** kids? And access to the internet? Obviously.

I mean, Jesus f*** guys, just because Tucker Carlson doesn't talk about it doesn't mean it's not happening. Whether you like it whether you approve of it whether you don't like it, at least be f****** informed enough to know that it's coming. I don't blame the idiotic mothers who don't understand and are fantastically surprised by this. But for Jesus f***** sake guys...

Maybe don't get all your news from opinion radio and TV and this board.

38 minutes ago, mmmmm...beer said:

I did. Our first check is on the way, but we won't get anymore after this. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TheNewGirl said:

Yup just did the same

12 minutes ago, wiffleball said:

What is most telling about this entire thread is how many of you think you are politically erudite and educated and then saw this thread and came up with crap like well if this is true.. I doubt whiffles right, but...and well this seems unlikely.. and then- holy crap I just looked at my bank account..

And you have f****** kids? And access to the internet? Obviously.

I mean, Jesus f*** guys, just because Tucker Carlson doesn't talk about it doesn't mean it's not happening. Whether you like it whether you approve of it whether you don't like it, at least be f****** informed enough to know that it's coming. I don't blame the idiotic mothers who don't understand and are fantastically surprised by this. But for Jesus f***** sake guys...

Maybe don't get all your news from opinion radio and TV and this board.

TDS

Tucker derangement syndrome. It’s spreading.  

47 minutes ago, mmmmm...beer said:

Yep...  And if you filed married/jointly, both of you must opt out...

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

TDS

Tucker derangement syndrome. It’s spreading.  

I guess, I don't know what the hell that is? Some kind of an answer?  I guess now your go-to is either get over it or some sort of arrangement syndrome?

But end of the day, jesus, how do you have kids and not know what the f*** is coming? Especially if you spend all f****** day on a political message board -and the answer is? You spend the rest of your time with news max and Tucker apparently. Because God damn,? How can you be any more ignorant?

I'm trying to be fair. There's a lot of people who were caught off guard by this. But  God damn guys , you spend all f****** day on a political website. Maybe take 10 seconds every 30 minutes to go find another website.

5 minutes ago, wiffleball said:

I guess, I don't know what the hell that is? Some kind of an answer?  I guess now your go-to is either get over it or some sort of arrangement syndrome?

But end of the day, jesus, how do you have kids and not know what the f*** is coming? Especially if you spend all f****** day on a political message board -and the answer is? You spend the rest of your time with news max and Tucker apparently. Because God damn,? How can you be any more ignorant?

I'm trying to be fair. There's a lot of people who were caught off guard by this. But  God damn guys , you spend all f****** day on a political website. Maybe take 10 seconds every 30 minutes to go find another website.

So you got nothing. :dunno:

Trying to be fair, I'm more furious at the people with whom I volunteer and work with. Literally, there should be nobody in the family section of most homeless shelters this weekend.

But anyway who's ever works at the social worker these days knows that they don't do s***. With the invention of the internet? They just tell you to go to the internet. It used to be the social workers had all the right contact names and numbers. And they did all the leg work. Now they require everybody else to do all the legwork. And I am actively vocal about that.

They're f****** lazy. You guys spend all day on the internet. What's your excuse? Why are you so f****** ignorant about the most sweeping social policy in American history since social security? Why are there so many of you saying, holy s*** I just looked at my bank account and..?

God damn man. It's not like they hid this f****** news.

... maybe Fox did.

5 minutes ago, wiffleball said:

This alias guy is example number one.

of what :dunno:

Are you counting when and how much I post like mdc does? You think following the actions of a poster throughout your whole day is better than someone posting off and on this site?

And is wiffle is not an alias? It's your real name?

What about those of us with kids who didn't make the honor roll?  :angry:

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, Mookz said:

What about those of us with kids who didn't make the honor roll?  :angry:

Stellar. 😁

2 hours ago, wiffleball said:

Link?

2 minutes ago, wiffleball said:

You want me to link to this particular thread? Lol.

Well who said it? I see a bunch of people saying they thought it was stupid. I couldn’t find people saying you weren’t right or that it was unlikely.

This is a disaster.  

massive Regular cash payments To $40 million Americans will create inflation.    Corporations will hike prices to consume the extra money.  People wont be better off except in the short term.  Once inflation hits, the government will be unable to stop the payments because it will drive everyone into bankruptcy.  You create a society of people hooked on free government handouts with no work ethic. You create slaves.  

Financial impact number one. Uber has more than tripled all day long in this community. This happens for two reasons. The single moms who used to drive Uber and suddenly  realize they don't have to and number two I've talked to enough Uber drivers that take the bus to go to the grocery store are now spending ridiculous amounts on ubereats and other delivery services.

I'll bet you there isn't a fleabag motel in this entire town that isn't hooked to capac ity by cob tomorrow.

6 minutes ago, JustinCharge said:

This is a disaster.  

massive Regular cash payments To $40 million Americans will create inflation.    Corporations will hike prices to consume the extra money.  People wont be better off except in the short term.  Once inflation hits, the government will be unable to stop the payments because it will drive everyone into bankruptcy.  You create a society of people hooked on free government handouts with no work ethic. You create slaves.  

I'm not debating anything you're saying. I just want you to honestly compare and contrast that to the Trump tax boondoggle for the upper one percent. What were the impacts there?

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, TheNewGirl said:

Take that, Biden! :lol: :overhead:

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, wiffleball said:

Trying to be fair, I'm more furious at the people with whom I volunteer and work with. Literally, there should be nobody in the family section of most homeless shelters this weekend.

But anyway who's ever works at the social worker these days knows that they don't do s***. With the invention of the internet? They just tell you to go to the internet. It used to be the social workers had all the right contact names and numbers. And they did all the leg work. Now they require everybody else to do all the legwork. And I am actively vocal about that.

They're f****** lazy. You guys spend all day on the internet. What's your excuse? Why are you so f****** ignorant about the most sweeping social policy in American history since social security? Why are there so many of you saying, holy s*** I just looked at my bank account and..?

God damn man. It's not like they hid this f****** news.

... maybe Fox did.

Is there ever an event you highlight that you don't outright lie about, or lie by omission or, in this case, lie by exaggeration?

29 minutes ago, Gladiators said:

Well who said it? I see a bunch of people saying they thought it was stupid. I couldn’t find people saying you weren’t right or that it was unlikely.

I'm going to hang up and listen to Wiffleputz's response to this because I concur with Gladiators. 

My Biden social credit score must be super low.

It took 4 months to get my tax return and I still haven't received my ATC

7 minutes ago, Cdub100 said:

My Biden social credit score must be super low.

It took 4 months to get my tax return and I still haven't received my ATC

How many minors do you claim?

On 7/14/2021 at 10:29 PM, Fireballer said:

I heard about this but didn't pay much attention.  They're giving that per month???  And what does "advanced child credit" mean?  Are they advancing you what you would normally get after filing taxes?

Yes

6 minutes ago, Alias Detective said:

How many minors do you claim?

I got my first monthly payment, didnt expect it since I'm over the income cutoff, or thought I was.

Hopefully this will curtail all the shoplifting going on in places like SF.  With these advance payments folks will no longer need to steal "necessities". 

15 minutes ago, Alias Detective said:

Interesting.  Either you make to much or your banking info is whacked.  

Banking info is fine. 

1 hour ago, Cdub100 said:

Banking info is fine. 

Why do you assume you were chosen to get your tax return late?  Just by luck?  Accident? or something else?

Why, if you are eligible, didn’t you get the advanced tax credit LIKE EVERYONE ELSE.  

2 hours ago, Alias Detective said:

Why do you assume you were chosen to get your tax return late?  Just by luck?  Accident? or something else?

Why, if you are eligible, didn’t you get the advanced tax credit LIKE EVERYONE ELSE.  

I don't know why. I joke but I know a few people who also got it late like me. 

If they doubled the tax credit, but only gave me half, how am I going to get beat up at tax time? I agree it’s just a gambit to buy votes, and I would vote against it, but I can’t foresee getting beat up. If I’m wrong I’m open to being schooled. Now if they didn’t double it and gave me all of it I could see how I would get screwed at tax time. 

41 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

If they doubled the tax credit, but only gave me half, how am I going to get beat up at tax time? I agree it’s just a gambit to buy votes, and I would vote against it, but I can’t foresee getting beat up. If I’m wrong I’m open to being schooled. Now if they didn’t double it and gave me all of it I could see how I would get screwed at tax time. 

Read up a little then ask questions.  You look dumb.

Edit, maybe I shouldn’t be so harsh.  if you normally get your child tax credit back in cash when you file you may not be impacted.  For those of us who use the tax credit to pay less at year end, I’d prefer they keep the money rather than Indian “give” me a tax credit.

50 minutes ago, Alias Detective said:

Edit, maybe I shouldn’t be so harsh.  if you normally get your child tax credit back in cash when you file you may not be impacted.  For those of us who use the tax credit to pay less at year end, I’d prefer they keep the money rather than Indian “give” me a tax credit.

The proper term is now "Indigenous People give" you focking pale face raciss!!!  :nono:

57 minutes ago, Alias Detective said:

Last year the CTC was 2000 per kid. Now it’s 3000, and they are giving you 1500 up front. So yeah, it’s 500 dollars less in credit at tax time per kid. I’m not geek club rich but that amount won’t “screw” me. Nor should it anyone else. Just save November’s and December’s payment and you’re  fine. I should t have said doubled. My analysis is still accurate.