Sign in to follow this  
vuduchile

Keep bitchin' about Joe Buck and this is what we'll get

Might not be that bad, if they find the right sounding voice...

Crap, I was the guy b*tch'n about Joe Buck.

I take it back. I love you Joe. May god have mercy on my soul.  :cry:

• Like 1

If they're muted, are they really calling the game?  Also, gonna need to see some nudes before I decide whether I'm good with it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I don't mind Joe Buck, but I would prefer no announcers. Just the sounds from the park, like I was at the park.  Thank you

14 minutes ago, posty said:

I agree.  Just hire some sex phone line workers and it might work out great!

"The pitcher slowly fondles the ball while the batter shivers in anticipation.  I gasp as he chokes up on the shaft of his long hard bat."

Sh1t.  I might be onto something here... 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

"Next week, for the first time on a broadcast, fans of Major League Baseball can watch a game in which they might not hear a man’s voice."

Yes, because there's been such a demand for this!!!

It's going to suck.  I know this already.  Thankfully, I'm not an Orioles or Rays fan and don't have to watch it.  Though, if Yankees fans can handle John Sterling and Suzyn Waldman, I guess I could handle these girls.  Seriously, is there a broadcast team in the world worse than Sterling and Waldman?

16 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

"Next week, for the first time on a broadcast, fans of Major League Baseball can watch a game in which they might not hear a man’s voice."

Yes, because there's been such a demand for this!!!

It's going to suck.  I know this already.  Thankfully, I'm not an Orioles or Rays fan and don't have to watch it.  Though, if Yankees fans can handle John Sterling and Suzyn Waldman, I guess I could handle these girls.  Seriously, is there a broadcast team in the world worse than Sterling and Waldman?

No

25 minutes ago, DonS said:

Hopefully, they sound like those ASMR chicks on Youtube and I can rub one off during the game.

49 minutes ago, posty said:

This.  I don;t know who it it, but the Big Ten Network has a female play by play for football and shes awful.  Absolutely awful.  I don;t think it's because of her sex necessarily, but her voice is just no good.  I can't listen to her.  

50 minutes ago, DonS said:

"The pitcher slowly fondles the ball while the batter shivers in anticipation.  I gasp as he chokes up on the shaft of his long hard bat."

Slower...

47 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Seriously, is there a broadcast team in the world worse than Sterling and Waldman?

Nope...  Fits the team...

I wonder if it would be legal to start a company that does an audio broadcast of mlb games where i pick the announce team and they watch on tv and call the action.  Maybe not reference team and player names images and likeness? If people hate the current announce team, they can buy mine instead. 

8 minutes ago, JustinCharge said:

I wonder if it would be legal to start a company that does an audio broadcast of mlb games where i pick the announce team and they watch on tv and call the action.  Maybe not reference team and player names images and likeness? If people hate the current announce team, they can buy mine instead. 

Just don't steal my idea!!!  I'm going to trademark the name MLB - Major League Boners.  :banana:

9 minutes ago, JustinCharge said:

Stick with 7 minute abs.

1 hour ago, DonS said:

It moved :unsure:

7 minutes ago, JustinCharge said:

You'd have to buy the broadcast rights from MLB.  Then, you still wouldn't be able to do it.  What if people want the same team to do different games at the same time?

I looked up tickets for this game and it also happens to be free sammich night. Makes sense now. 

Too bad Harry Caray isn't around for this, he could have updated this one:

He was calling a game years ago and in the 3rd inning the camera showed a man and a woman kissing. In the 5th inning the camera showed them again. In the 7th and 8th inning it showed them kissing again. So finally, in the 9th inning after the camera showed the two of them kissing again, Carry says over live TV,

"Folks, I think I figured it out. He kisses her on the strikes and she kisses him on the balls!"

11 minutes ago, lod001 said:

They need to kiss every time a run is scored. 

Can't wait for the the 7th Inning Scissoring!!! 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

While I have absolutely no problem with female announcing teams in theory, I have a HUGE problem with it in today's political climate.  With one party pushing the angle of rallying against the patriarchy, you cannot help but inject politics even MORE into sports with this move. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DonS said:

Can't wait for the the 7th Inning Scissoring!!! 

That's how you bring back the fans.

10 minutes ago, lod001 said:

That's how you bring back the fans.

They would get a ton of more viewers.

Joe Buck fan, solid at football and baseball. 

Just keep him da fock away from golf  - he's shiit there. 

7 minutes ago, Cruzer said:

I am not a fan of nepotism. I think it sucks for the most part. That being said, Buck is good. I doubt I would want to hang out with him, but he calls a good game. 

6 hours ago, edjr said:

I don't mind Joe Buck, but I would prefer no announcers. Just the sounds from the park, like I was at the park.  Thank you

I'll watch on TV sometimes and listen to AM broadcast.  

8 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

I am not a fan of nepotism. I think it sucks for the most part. That being said, Buck is good. I doubt I would want to hang out with him, but he calls a good game. 

For sure.. I think folks our age will always be spoiled by what we had growing up - but for the times, he's solid. 

I watch so little baseball, I'm oblivious to what's going on in that broadcasting world. I do think Smoltz is fantastic, if he's still even doing the WS anymore. 

From the football side, man I love me some Kevin Harlan - that dude is nails. 

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Fireballer said:

I'll watch on TV sometimes and listen to AM broadcast.  

it doesn't sync up. The radio is always closer to real time and the tv is delayed

10 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Buck is good.  he calls a good game. 

Nailed it. 

14 minutes ago, edjr said:

Nailed it. 

Yep.  I honestly never understood the backlash against JB.  Always seemed solid to me.

1 minute ago, supermike80 said:

Yep.  I honestly never understood the backlash against JB.  Always seemed solid to me.

Football and Baseball.  Yup.  

43 minutes ago, edjr said:

it doesn't sync up. The radio is always closer to real time and the tv is delayed

Not long enough for me to get a bet in, though.  <_<

12 hours ago, Cruzer said:

12 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

1 hour ago, edjr said:

Football and Baseball.  Yup.  

Buck is as solid as they come.  He and Smoltz are the best team in baseball IMO.

If he had a different color commentator in football, he could be the best there too.  There are far worse color guys, but Troy is pretty average in the booth.  As a Cowboys and Aikman fan, I want him to be great, but he's just not.  

2 minutes ago, vuduchile said:

Buck is as solid as they come.  He and Smoltz are the best team in baseball IMO.

If he had a different color commentator in football, he could be the best there too.  There are far worse color guys, but Troy is pretty average in the booth.  As a Cowboys and Aikman fan, I want him to be great, but he's just not.  

Every single color guy talks too much. They seem to always be late too. 

2 minutes ago, edjr said:

Every single color guy talks too much. They seem to always be late too. 

6 minutes ago, vuduchile said:

If he had a different color commentator in football, he could be the best there too.  There are far worse color guys, but Troy is pretty average in the booth. 

What is it with skin color and you guys?

:dunno:

• Haha 1