Sign in to follow this  
IGotWorms

Naomi Osaka — now with Simone Biles!!

2 minutes ago, wiffleball said:

Hey, they're showing the full video of your violent, treasonous nutjobs in Congress as we speak! Check it out! 

(You might not find it on Faux or the Qanon Network....) 

Good one.  I just assume you are drunk.

Boo focking hoo.  I didn't stick the landing so I'm need to take care of my mental health.  

Bullsh!t.  You're just a sore loser.  

Go away. 

• Sad 1

Who's putting all this supposed pressure on anyone anyway?  Isn't she beloved by all?

2 hours ago, nobody said:

I wonder if she's going to accept the silver medal.

She did...

She was pleased with her decision to back out. She loved serving as a de facto coach. She, the owner of four golds, took immense pride in the silver around her neck because her friends won it for her.

----

People should read this article...  Makes you want to puke:

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/how-simone-biles-saved-herself-and-her-teammates-at-the-olympics-171619025.html

21 minutes ago, posty said:

She did...

She was pleased with her decision to back out. She loved serving as a de facto coach. She, the owner of four golds, took immense pride in the silver around her neck because her friends won it for her.

----

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/how-simone-biles-saved-herself-and-her-teammates-at-the-olympics-171619025.html

She was oppressed by all the sponsorships

So do we start listening to all the chauvinists that said women can't handle high pressure jobs now?  I don't see dudes quitting.

10 hours ago, listen2me 23 said:

Why is calling it what it is being an ahole? People aren't allowed to comment on sports if it is not a favorable opinion now a days? Yeesh.

Okay, call it like it is then. I don’t care :dunno:

• Sad 1

What makes a great athlete?

1.  Talent.  God given talent.  

2.  The drive, the practice, the physical "want to" to develop that talent.

3. Being Coach-able.  

4.  The mental wherewithal to handle stressful situations and overcome.  Game 7 of a World Series, the Super Bowl, the .....OLYMPICS!@#!@!  Rising to the occasion is part and parcel to the whole package.   Where do you think the term clutch and gutty and gritty come from?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, KSB2424 said:

What makes a great athlete?

1.  Talent.  God given talent.  

2.  The drive, the practice, the physical "want to" to develop that talent.

3.  The mental wherewithal to handle stressful situations and overcome.  Game 7 of a World Series, the Super Bowl, the .....OLYMPICS!@#!@!  Rising to the occasion is part and parcel to the whole package.   Where do you think the term clutch and gutty come from?

Couple things:

1) I doubt she has a $25M + annual contract paying her to be a gymnast, so I don’t hold her to the same standard I do a Tom Brady.

2) She’s a woman. We can’t expect a whole lot. Now that’s not to say we shouldn’t expect more, especially when they whine about not making as much as men (see women’s soccer team), but we shouldn’t be surprised.

End of the day, I agree with everyone that her pulling out shouldn’t be celebrated. She quit on her team at one of the biggest events in the world. When we celebrate it, we’re teaching kids that quitting is okay. Nah, not at the elite levels these athletes are at...

ETA - I might be in the wrong thread, as you were probably talking about Osaka. Oof

The enablers have an out with this one...she didn't want to hurt the team.  Whatever.  If she sits the individual events, wow that will be sad.

8 hours ago, posty said:

She did...

----

Nauseating. Bottom line, she had 4 years to get ready for this and choked. No hate there, sh!t happens, even to the best. 

But if you have any character, you honor your commitments to your team, your coach, your country, and your sponsors. Let's not forget she raked in a ton of endorsement money leading up to this.

Just focking weak. And trying to spin your weakness into altruism is even weaker. 

• Like 2

So this mental midget is still the biggest story of the games, but for all the wrong reasons.  

Some chick from Alaska, a state that has  only one 50 M pool,  won a gold medal in swimming.  

And a dude who learned to surf using a trash can lid won gold but let’s keep talking about this kunt. 

Jesse Owens and Jim Thorpe are rolling in their graves. 

1 hour ago, KSB2424 said:

Well he's a pussy too. Congrats on calling out the dude from Sudan (Muslim) who quit because he had to go against a Jew.

Nice. 

To clarify, I was being somewhat facetious.  I believe the country makes them do it.

6 minutes ago, vuduchile said:

So this mental midget is still the biggest story of the games, but for all the wrong reasons.  

Some chick from Alaska, a state that has  only one 50 M pool,  won a gold medal in swimming.  

And a dude who learned to surf using a trash can lid won gold but let’s keep talking about this kunt. 

Jesse Owens and Jim Thorpe are rolling in their graves. 

But are they black? That's the important question for making news.

• Sad 1

7 minutes ago, vuduchile said:

And a dude who learned to surf using a trash can lid won gold 

Wait who was that?

Did anyone notice that new Zealand trans dude didn't even medal in weightlifting? Came in 4th.

Dude “transitioned“ in his 20s, and was a weightlifter long before that. If you had the advantage of a decade and a half of lifting weights with male hormones blowing up your muscles (plus whatever supplements and roids and such) and still can't beat a Chinese woman in weightlifting, that's just sad. 

• Like 1

The only story I've enjoyed from these games (other than hating on usa basketball, USA women's soccer, Simone biles,  and the tranny dude who lost as a chick) is the Filipino woman's weightlifter. Won her countries first gold ever. Went from dirt poor nobody to national hero overnight. Large (by Filipino standards) cash payout, free flights for life from air Asia, a free lot and house... nice story. 

My wife says she feels sorry for her though. She says “the first time she ever sees that house, there will be 50 cousins on the porch with their hands out.”

13 minutes ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

Did anyone notice that new Zealand trans dude didn't even medal in weightlifting? Came in 4th.

Dude “transitioned“ in his 20s, and was a weightlifter long before that. If you had the advantage of a decade and a half of lifting weights with male hormones blowing up your muscles (plus whatever supplements and roids and such) and still can't beat a Chinese woman in weightlifting, that's just sad. 

Still not cool. 

22 minutes ago, Utilit99 said:

Still not cool. 

Of course not.

But the fact that it lost is better. Can you imagine the hero crap they'd be peddling if it won?

6 minutes ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

Of course not.

But the fact that it lost is better. Can you imagine the hero crap they'd be peddling if it won?

Glad it lost, but setting the precedence was bigger than the loss in this situation is how I see it. Point of no return?

34 minutes ago, Utilit99 said:

Glad it lost, but setting the precedence was bigger than the loss in this situation is how I see it. Point of no return?

Fair enough.

I know people here in China are furious it was allowed to compete.

I bet by 2024 the Chinese women's team will mostly have peemuses in certain sports. 

5 hours ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

The only story I've enjoyed from these games (other than hating on usa basketball, USA women's soccer, Simone biles,  and the tranny dude who lost as a chick) is the Filipino woman's weightlifter. Won her countries first gold ever. Went from dirt poor nobody to national hero overnight. Large (by Filipino standards) cash payout, free flights for life from air Asia, a free lot and house... nice story. 

My wife says she feels sorry for her though. She says “the first time she ever sees that house, there will be 50 cousins on the porch with their hands out.”

Bermuda got first gold ever too (women’s triathlon)

Biles has withdrawn from individual all around.  My take...she talked sh!t and did that whole GOAT thing.  She got on the team thinking she could pull this off just on talent.  She was wrong.  She found out quickly that she didn't wanna put in the work.  Shes being allowed to quit without any of the negative connotations.

3 hours ago, Fireballer said:

she didn't wanna put in the work.

This statement is absurd. 

I'm disappointed by both of them, but I won't pretend they don't work hard. Perhaps like these rookie quarterbacks that burn out (RG3/Colin K), there needs to be more focus on not trying to be such a star so quickly. 

3 minutes ago, peenie said:

I'm disappointed by both of them, but I won't pretend they don't work hard. Perhaps like these rookie quarterbacks that burn out (RG3/Colin K), there needs to be more focus on not trying to be such a star so quickly. 

What? So quickly? Biles is old by gymnast standards. She has over 30 Olympic and world championship medals. 

Whatever happened, this was likely her last Olympics. It's a young girls game. 

I always liked her. She was a good ambassador,  and it was good to see an African American gymnast succeed (didn't expect to hear me say that did ya?).

Too bad she went out like a punk. 

9 minutes ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

What? So quickly? Biles is old by gymnast standards. She has over 30 Olympic and world championship medals. 

Whatever happened, this was likely her last Olympics. It's a young girls game. 

I always liked her. She was a good ambassador,  and it was good to see an African American gymnast succeed (didn't expect to hear me say that did ya?).

Too bad she went out like a punk. 

It really is :( 

14 minutes ago, peenie said:

I'm not discounting any work she's put in to this point.  We all get tired of things we"re passionate about.  Being the GOAT just isn't a priority anymore.

2 minutes ago, Fireballer said:

I'm not discounting any work she's put in to this point.  We all get tired of things we"re passionate about.  Being the GOAT just isn't a priority anymore.

Yes. But being a decent human being means you figure that out before qualifying and not fock your team and country. You made a commitment. Honor it. 

If Tom Brady had decided at halftime in the superbowl that he didn't have it anymore and was at risk, and quit,  you think he's being called brave?

Of course not. Black woman privilege. 

5 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

It really is :( 

Between this, the sprinter chick that p!ssed hot, women's soccer, men's basketball...

What an embarrassing display. If this is how it's gonna be from now on, liquidate team usa and stay home. 

She always seemed nice to me. And she’s obviously had a great career. Cheers! 

1 minute ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

Between this, the sprinter chick that p!ssed hot, women's soccer, men's basketball...

What an embarrassing display. If this is how it's gonna be from now on, liquidate team usa and stay home. 

I’ve barely paid any attention. Partly because I’m a little busy (believe it or not), but also just not that into it. Osaka and that chick that disrespected the anthem put a damper on things and just generally it doesn’t feel like a super happy kumbaya time

1 minute ago, IGotWorms said:

I’ve barely paid any attention. Partly because I’m a little busy (believe it or not), but also just not that into it. Osaka and that chick that disrespected the anthem put a damper on things and just generally it doesn’t feel like a super happy kumbaya time

Oh yeah. Forgot about the blactivist piece of sh!t.

How's she doing in whatever dumbass sport she plays? Tear an Achilles I hope?

Just now, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

Oh yeah. Forgot about the blactivist piece of sh!t.

How's she doing in whatever dumbass sport she plays? Tear an Achilles I hope?

She’s track and field and I don’t think they’ve started yet? She’ll fizzle out, need to keep your head down and focus on the sport to succeed at this level

12 hours ago, TimHauck said:

To clarify, I was being somewhat facetious.  I believe the country makes them do it.

And in the process you supported my point since you ran to the Google machine as fast as you could to find an example of men athletes quitting and could only find one that was likely prohibited from competing for religious regions.

By the way, you could've cited the bills cornerback that retired at halftime of a game a few years ago.  He got lambasted, of course.

11 minutes ago, nobody said:

And in the process you supported my point since you ran to the Google machine as fast as you could to find an example of men athletes quitting and could only find one that was likely prohibited from competing for religious regions.

By the way, you could've cited the bills cornerback that retired at halftime of a game a few years ago.  He got lambasted, of course.

26 minutes ago, nobody said:

Can we count 99% of baseball players that don't run out popups?

Pansies at FBG are pulling the "she could get hurt" BS.

Really?  This level of gymnastics is dangerous.   That's part of it.  Quit with the wimping.

One guy just said they should cancel gymnastics and go all competitive cheer.  Because it's too hard.   You know, America was built onavoiding hard things and taking the easy path.

Americans are more and more becoming full on pvssies.

• Sad 1