Sign in to follow this  
IGotWorms

Naomi Osaka — now with Simone Biles!!

4 minutes ago, supermike80 said:

Pansies at FBG are pulling the "she could get hurt" BS.

Really?  This level of gymnastics is dangerous.   That's part of it.  Quit with the wimping.

One guy just said they should cancel gymnastics and go all competitive cheer.  Because it's too hard.   You know, America was built on avoiding hard things and taking the easy path.

Americans are more and more becoming full on pussies.

No wonder Sho feels more at home there...

BTW, in this case you don't need to put the "v" for the "u"...

We need more of this sort of pride and grit in gymnastics:

14 hours ago, TimHauck said:

Wait who was that?

Some dude from Brazil 

https://www.reuters.com/lifestyle/sports/surfing-surfers-embrace-stormy-conditions-with-medals-up-grabs-2021-07-26/

Having learned to surf on the lid of his father's fishing bin while growing up in Brazil, the 27-year-old Ferreira popped up on any wave that looked promising, notching scores of 7.0 and 7.77 to open an early lead as Igarashi struggled on the beach where his father learned to surf.

3 minutes ago, Reality said:

🤣🤣

LMAO

Damn that is funny as hell...

59 minutes ago, vuduchile said:

Some dude from Brazil 

https://www.reuters.com/lifestyle/sports/surfing-surfers-embrace-stormy-conditions-with-medals-up-grabs-2021-07-26/

Having learned to surf on the lid of his father's fishing bin while growing up in Brazil, the 27-year-old Ferreira popped up on any wave that looked promising, notching scores of 7.0 and 7.77 to open an early lead as Igarashi struggled on the beach where his father learned to surf.

That's awesome!  Good for him.  :thumbsup:

2 hours ago, TimHauck said:

Can we count 99% of baseball players that don't run out popups?

Why would we?

6 minutes ago, peenie said:

This is the part I don’t get, it’s the damn Olympics! It’s greater than any Super Bowl. All eyes across the globe are watching. Where is the country pride where you give it your all? 

Please do not blame this on being a black woman. Black men and women have been participating since the Olympics became what it is today. This is a new phenomena. Blame the generation and this woe is me, I need a Xanax culture. (I’ve never had any medication for my mental health.)

I wasn't saying her mental health or her quitting was black woman privilege.

I'm saying her being praised for it is. A white guy gets blasted, and rightly so. 

3 minutes ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

I'm saying her being praised for it is. A white guy gets blasted, and rightly so. 

Sexist..yes

33 minutes ago, nobody said:

Why would we?

I can see why players wouldn't run out plays. They run so much during a 3 hour game they get tired. :rolleyes:

Pansies. 

9 minutes ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

I heard some woman being interviewed on this topic. She said she was a gymnast. Whatever that means. Anyway, she actually said this that chick should be praised for rest the rest of her life for being so brave as to quit. Not sure what all that is about.

I'm guessing maybe biles had severe stage fright and she couldn't function normally. Whatever. I feel bad for whatever alternative would have taken her place if she just quit prior to the games. 

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, peenie said:

This is the part I don’t get, it’s the damn Olympics! It’s greater than any Super Bowl. All eyes across the globe are watching. Where is the country pride where you give it your all? 

Please do not blame this on being a black woman. Black men and women have been participating since the Olympics became what it is today. This is a new phenomena. Blame the generation and this woe is me, I need a Xanax culture. (I’ve never had any medication for my mental health.)

A bit of it may be generational but a lot of the people insisting that we praise this are older.

I think it’s the pvssy lib culture (think the safety pin types) plus just general increasing collective stupidity.

This has nothing to do with her being black.  As worms said I think it is this damn emotionally weak generation and collective stupidity.

I think she said this was basically the problem.  Apparently in the past she did it “for herself,” but now she felt like it was “for others” which was causing too much pressure.

I don’t think she should be praised for “being brave,” but I think she should be praised for giving her team the best chance to succeed if she knew she wasn’t at her best.  It’s better than a star football player or whatever that is injured and not near 100% but refuses to come out of the game.

1 minute ago, TimHauck said:

I think she said this was basically the problem.  Apparently in the past she did it “for herself,” but now she felt like it was “for others” which was causing too much pressure.

I don’t think she should be praised for “being brave,” but I think she should be praised for giving her team the best chance to succeed if she knew she wasn’t at her best.  It’s better than a star football player or whatever that is injured and not near 100% but refuses to come out of the game.

Pull your sh1t together and make sure your TEAM and your COUNTRY get your fockin best.

I mean, I couldn’t do it, but I’m not a fockin Olympian or supposedly the greatest of all time :rolleyes:

Like someone else said, imagine if Brady quit at halftime of the super bowl and sent whoever the fock is the Bucs’ backup out there because he “didn’t feel he could bring his best.” Fock that.

7 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

Pull your sh1t together and make sure your TEAM and your COUNTRY get your fockin best.

I mean, I couldn’t do it, but I’m not a fockin Olympian or supposedly the greatest of all time :rolleyes:

Like someone else said, imagine if Brady quit at halftime of the super bowl and sent whoever the fock is the Bucs’ backup out there because he “didn’t feel he could bring his best.” Fock that.

Another example where an athlete had realistically nothing to play for (as Bills were getting spanked :cry:) but he still gave his all.

I present to you Mr. Don Beebe:

https://youtu.be/iqGNTUQSuPM

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

She had the yips.  Maybe if Rick Ankiel took himself out of the 2000 NLCS the Cardinals would have fared better.

13 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

:thumbsup:

Tell me it's the year 2021 without telling me the year 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

No one praised Roberto Duran. And he was getting the snot beat out of him. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, nobody said:

And in the process you supported my point since you ran to the Google machine as fast as you could to find an example of men athletes quitting and could only find one that was likely prohibited from competing for religious regions.

By the way, you could've cited the bills cornerback that retired at halftime of a game a few years ago.  He got lambasted, of course.

also for the record, I am a wrestling fan so I already knew that several countries forfeit to Israel in wrestling/taekwondo/judo.   To get away from Biles, here's a pretty cool story - former Iranian that now represents Mongolia takes silver - https://www.timesofisrael.com/winning-judo-silver-in-tokyo-iranian-defector-mollaei-dedicates-medal-to-israel/

3 hours ago, Cdub100 said:

Tell me it's the year 2021 without telling me the year 

Yep basically. Check out Sensitiveguys.com and how flustered they get if you aren’t praising her heroic grestness….living in an interesting time for sure. 

So wife and I have been watching on and off.  The other night the qualifiers for one of the events that Biles pulled out of was on.  One of the blonde girls nailed her routine but was not top 2 for the US.  The announcer said Biles will get a scoring bump in the qualifying round because she is Biles.  I was kind of rooting for the blonde girl to get to go too but some other girl got #2 behind Biles.  They said the blonde's score should have been higher.  Now the blonde girl gets so go in Biles' place.  So I am happy that it worked out that the person that wanted to go gets to go.  

I think Biles will look on this in the future as a missed opportunity of a lifetime.  But they will probably give her a talk show or a spot on the View so I am sure she will be fine. 

4 hours ago, DonS said:

Another example where an athlete had realistically nothing to play for (as Bills were getting spanked :cry:) but he still gave his all.

I present to you Mr. Don Beebe:

https://youtu.be/iqGNTUQSuPM

I think of that play a lot.   Rod Woodson did something similar once for the Steelers on a kickoff I think.

Really wish the media outlets would shut the hell up about her. They’re trying their hardest to get people to agree with them. If you don’t, you’re racist. That’s what it’s boiling down to. “But but but other athletes side with her!” Yea no Sh1t. If I was in the public eye and under scrutiny I would say that Sh1t as well. If you don’t, you’re cancelled. All your endorsements will be pulled and you WILL be dragged by the media 

23 minutes ago, Djgb13 said:

Really wish the media outlets would shut the hell up about her. They’re trying their hardest to get people to agree with them. If you don’t, you’re racist. That’s what it’s boiling down to. “But but but other athletes side with her!” Yea no Sh1t. If I was in the public eye and under scrutiny I would say that Sh1t as well. If you don’t, you’re cancelled. All your endorsements will be pulled and you WILL be dragged by the media 

Yeah. Do not give a crap about her race. In fact, I had always applauded her breaking that barrier.

If the blond white chick did the same, I'd say the same. She's a quitter. 

7 minutes ago, nobody said:

Pressure busts pipes, baby.  Pressure busts pipes.

But it can also make diamonds... 

2 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

That is an amazing Saturday Night Live skit.  

That video looks more like she's just not trying.  She's not even spinning fast enough to get around.  That's not aerial awareness.  

Is she pregnant?

8 hours ago, Gladiators said:

That was pretty funny. Thanks for sharing.

And why was she unable to identify that she had the “twisties” a week, a day, hell, even an hour, before the meet?

I assume the team has an alternate no? Virtually anyone else doing that vault and the team wins gold.