Sign in to follow this  
IGotWorms

Naomi Osaka — now with Simone Biles!!

On 7/29/2021 at 12:40 AM, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

Yeah. Do not give a crap about her race. In fact, I had always applauded her breaking that barrier.

If the blond white chick did the same, I'd say the same. She's a quitter. 

Every last one of of us would.  Only the real racists see this as a color thing.

If she said she had an injury or even if she said she was screwing up and can’t figure out why and was pulling out to save the team, it would’ve been forgivable. However, she said she was pulling out due to mental health. That was whack. Now we’re getting 10 different excuses which piles on more whackness and sounds more like back peddling to me. 

And yes, this is not about race at all. This is a person who made a decision I don’t agree with. I’d rather she fell and failed than walked away.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, peenie said:

And yes, this is not about race at all. This is a person who made a decision I don’t agree with. I’d rather she fell and failed than walked away.

Great conclusion.

23 minutes ago, peenie said:

If she said ... she was screwing up and can’t figure out why and was pulling out to save the team, it would’ve been forgivable.

This is basically what she said though...

5 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

This is basically what she said though...

I understood that she was pulling out due to stress and mental health. LATER she said she didn’t want to ruin things for the team. Of course, I haven’t watched 1 second of the Olympics because I work everyday unlike the rest of the world (it seems). I’m exhausted and only have enough strength to get bits of info here and there.

10 minutes ago, peenie said:

I understood that she was pulling out due to stress and mental health. LATER she said she didn’t want to ruin things for the team. Of course, I haven’t watched 1 second of the Olympics because I work everyday unlike the rest of the world (it seems). I’m exhausted and only have enough strength to get bits of info here and there.

Yes, the “mental health” issue was that she basically forgot how to do gymnastics so wasn’t very good in her current state

1 hour ago, peenie said:

If she said she had an injury or even if she said she was screwing up and can’t figure out why and was pulling out to save the team, it would’ve been forgivable. However, she said she was pulling out due to mental health. That was whack. Now we’re getting 10 different excuses which piles on more whackness and sounds more like back peddling to me. 

Nailed it. Good job Peenie.

49 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

Yes, the “mental health” issue was that she basically forgot how to do gymnastics so wasn’t very good in her current state

Swing and a miss.

1 hour ago, TimHauck said:

That wasn't the original story.  The original story was it wasn't all for her anymore.  Only after did she get some backlash did it become about safety and doing it for the team.

45 minutes ago, nobody said:

That wasn't the original story.  The original story was it wasn't all for her anymore.  Only after did she get some backlash did it become about safety and doing it for the team.

I don’t think they’re mutually exclusive though.  It seems the performance anxiety essentially caused her “twisties”

4 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

I don’t think they’re mutually exclusive though.  It seems the performance anxiety essentially caused her “twisties”

I'm just going by what she said.  She said it wasn't fun for her anymore and it was too much pressure by the fans, us Olympic committee and sponsors.  Then when she received backlash, it changed to it's really all about the team.  Ill choose to believe the original thoughts before the mob made her change the story.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, nobody said:

I'm just going by what she said.  She said it wasn't fun for her anymore and it was too much pressure by the fans, us Olympic committee and sponsors.  Then when she received backlash, it changed to it's really all about the team.  Ill choose to believe the original thoughts before the mob made her change the story.

I hadn't heard that. What a ######. I hope her sponsors sue her for every last nickle. 

Note to self... Make sure and wait until AFTER Olympics to call yourself the GOAT and sew a goat onto your outfit, otherwise that might add undue pressure and anxiety... 

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, nobody said:

I mean she screwed up her vault before she said any of that so clearly something was going on with her performance. 

2 hours ago, nobody said:

Yeah I mean my first impression was she was just straight up pulling an Osaka. Saw how well it worked for Osaka (stupidly), so figured I’ll do it too!! But it’s a different beast when you’re on a TEAM representing an entire COUNTRY at the Olympics.

Mental health? I told you guys, it’s the hair. Makes em nuts. 

5 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Mental health? I told you guys, it’s the hair. Makes em nuts. 

You’ve said that about twenty times now and it doesn’t get funnier

2 hours ago, TimHauck said:

I mean she screwed up her vault before she said any of that so clearly something was going on with her performance. 

She probably spent too much time doing commercials.  

2 hours ago, nobody said:

She probably spent too much time doing commercials.  

Get out!  Really? 

Funny how we call cowards brave now. Her job is to train for 4 years to do 20 min of work and she couldn’t do it despite being the best in the world at it. Letting her whole team down in the process. Brave would be powering through it. Lack of mental fortitude is not bravery. So you messed up the landing on the vault, no big deal go out there and do it better, no one is perfect.

1 hour ago, tanatastic said:

Funny how we call cowards brave now. Her job is to train for 4 years to do 20 min of work and she couldn’t do it despite being the best in the world at it. Letting her whole team down in the process. Brave would be powering through it. Lack of mental fortitude is not bravery. So you messed up the landing on the vault, no big deal go out there and do it better, no one is perfect.

Seriously. If anything, feel bad for her but stop focking calling her brave and praise worthy. It's sick.

17 minutes ago, Utilit99 said:

Seriously. If anything, feel bad for her but stop focking calling her brave and praise worthy. It's sick.

Good lord, I agree with you! :shocking:

Im not sure if this has been mentioned, but i heard it on a podcast. Below is an article about the "twisties", which is what happened to Simone. Getting lost in the air and not knowing where your body is can lead to a bad landing and even paralysis. Easy call on her part. Not worth it.

https://twitter.com/DeannaHong/status/1420284803711123459?s=20

https://news.yahoo.com/elite-gymnasts-simone-biles-lucky-172543808.html

1 minute ago, Brad GLuckman said:

Im not sure if this has been mentioned, but i heard it on a podcast. Below is an article about the "twisties", which is what happened to Simone. Getting lost in the air and not knowing where your body is can lead to a bad landing and even paralysis. Easy call on her part. Not worth it.

Agreed and fine with it.

My beef is why she couldn't figure that out an hour earlier and send the alternate on in her place. 

3 minutes ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

Agreed and fine with it.

My beef is why she couldn't figure that out an hour earlier and send the alternate on in her place. 

And why didn't she just say that from the start instead of blaming it on pressure from sponsors and the Olympic committee and how it's not for her or whatever.

Just now, nobody said:

And why didn't she just say that from the start instead of blaming it on pressure from sponsors and the Olympic committee and how it's not for her or whatever.

Ya not sure about any of that. I assume she scrambled for an excuse. Not easy to fail on the biggest stage.

9 hours ago, IGotWorms said:

You’ve said that about twenty times now and it doesn’t get funnier

It’s not meant to be funny. Unlike you, some of us have actually spent some time and got to know black people. If you did, you would know what black women have to go through dealing with their hair. It would make anyone nuts. There is a whole sociological aspect to it. Might be above your head. Ask Peenie, she can vouch for it. 

Nice to see the replacement for Biles won the gold. She seems like a nice, all American  girl. USA! USA! 

At this point how many events are left that Biles can potentially compete in bravely sit out? 

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, tanatastic said:

Funny how we call cowards brave now.

It takes so much courage to be a quitter.  

That's the way the woke folk are seeing it.

Quitting is gonna be the new thing that the woke are applauded for. 

"You're so strong for quitting! I wish more of us had the strength and courage that you do! "

13 minutes ago, tubby_mcgee said:

It takes so much courage to be a quitter.  

That's the way the woke folk are seeing it.

Quitting is gonna be the new thing that the woke are applauded for. 

"You're so strong for quitting! I wish more of us had the strength and courage that you do! "

Biden next?

Love that a white chick came in and blew her out of the f****** water. Silver medal. F*** you you f****** quitter.

56 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Nice to see the replacement for Biles won the gold. She seems like a nice, all American  girl. USA! USA! 

Silver. But yeah. 

12 hours ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

Agreed and fine with it.

The only thing that got the twisties was her panties.

17 hours ago, Brad GLuckman said:

17 hours ago, Brad GLuckman said:

Ya not sure about any of that. I assume she scrambled for an excuse. Not easy to fail on the biggest stage.

So then it’s bullsh1t. Which is my guess.

She realized she wasn’t going to cakewalk to multiple golds and quit.

16 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

It’s not meant to be funny. Unlike you, some of us have actually spent some time and got to know black people. If you did, you would know what black women have to go through dealing with their hair. It would make anyone nuts. There is a whole sociological aspect to it. Might be above your head. Ask Peenie, she can vouch for it. 

Lol you’re gonna get sanctimonious with me over continued racist comments about black women and their hair?? :doublethumbsup:

9 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

Lol you’re gonna get sanctimonious with me over continued racist comments about black women and their hair?? :doublethumbsup:

Chris Rock did a documentary about it. You should watch it, you may learn something about black people. God knows you don’t know any. 

1 minute ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Chris Rock did a documentary about it. You should watch it, you may learn something about black people. God knows you don’t know any. 

Chris Rock also called other black people the n word. You can’t.

I know it’s really horrible and unfair :cry:

1 minute ago, IGotWorms said:

Chris Rock also called other black people the n word. You can’t.

I know it’s really horrible and unfair :cry:

Gun thrown. That was quick.