listen2me 23

NFL doubling down on Black Anthem

I'm guessing that it'll only be racist if you don't stand for the black national anthem.  People will be free to kneel for THE national anthem though, right?

Just now, TBayXXXVII said:

I'm guessing that it'll only be racist if you don't stand for the black national anthem.  People will be free to kneel for THE national anthem though, right?

Yeah I imagine that is how it will work.

I wonder if this will turn off a lot of viewers...  It won't because there are idiots out there that still like to watch football...

In today’s hyper-partisan media environment, most fans experience football through the prism of television. This year’s renewed social justice messaging efforts will be visible to the 200 million-plus TV viewers who watch game telecasts each season.

Is the black anthem supposed to offend me if I'm white?  Who cares if they play it, right?

1 minute ago, vomit said:

Is the black anthem supposed to offend me if I'm white?  Who cares if they play it, right?

Um...black is a race..not a nation.  Why do they need a "national" anthem?  Do they live in Blackland?  Too much virtue signaling for me.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Cloaca du jour said:

Um...black is a race..not a nation.  Why do they need a "national" anthem?  Do they live in Blackland?  Too much virtue signaling for me.

I agree it's stupid, but to me it's more of a rolleyes than a "fock you this is offensive"

I roll my eyes at a lot of sh1t these days that people do to soothe their feelings and make them feel special.

I'm more inclined to let them have their anthem and move on vs fighting about it.  It's not worth the fight.

also it's not all black people, there are plenty of black people that agree this is stupid.  It's ideology driven.

11 minutes ago, vomit said:

Do we have a white anthem?

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Alias Detective said:

No, nor should we

but I might have to write one

3 minutes ago, Alias Detective said:

"Ice, Ice Baby"?

7 minutes ago, Alias Detective said:

Hey Mickey? Or is that Irish?

7 minutes ago, Alias Detective said:

I'm sure the KKK made one.

Will the cheerleaders all twerk on the sidelines as it is being played? 

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, vomit said:

The question is why play it?  I know the reason why, but whatever.

It's not the anthem that bugs me.

It's The sight of 60,000 people twerking along to it that really bugs me.

Now that everyone knows that BLM is just a bunch of commies, when will corporations wake up that being woke and following their narrative is not good?

Will Mike Tomlin get upset if any of his players decide to stay in the locker room while it's being played? 

All that dumb crap. We don’t need a Juneteenth holiday or “black” anthem. Juneteenth is a Texas thing and no one polled me about a black anthem. This is really truly tiring. I don’t want less police, heck I want triple police! I love the flag, don’t change it. I hate it that these things are being done as if black people are really requesting it. No one wants these dumb things! We just want to be treated fairly, that is all!!!

• Thanks 2

9 minutes ago, Fireballer said:

The question is why play it?  I know the reason why, but whatever.

To appease people of certain ideology.

1 minute ago, peenie said:

All that dumb crap. We don’t need a Juneteenth holiday or “black” anthem. Juneteenth is a Texas thing and no one polled me about a black anthem. This is really truly tiring. I don’t want less police, heck I want triple police! I love the flag, don’t change it. I hate it that these things are being done as if black people are really requesting it. No one wants these dumb things! We just want to be treated fairly, that is all!!!

PREACH WOMAN!

10 minutes ago, vomit said:

Corp follow the money.  Regular people need to stop being fahgits and corp will stop being scared of being targets.

In English, please?

• Thanks 1

Just now, Fireballer said:

In English, please?

A corporation sells stuff and makes money.

Quaker Oats sells Aunt Jemima syrup.  The corporation got scared that people were going to start boycotting all of their products because Aunt Jemima was offensive, so they got rid of her.

Make sense?

If people stopped trying to get offended at everything, then corps wouldn't have to remove everything that could possibly be offensive.

19 minutes ago, peenie said:

:unsure:  

White people, your beef is not with black people, it's with the leftist ideology. Don't let them split us apart by color like they are trying to do.

45 minutes ago, Alias Detective said:

If you ask this seriously, they will tell you it's the National Anthem. 

Just like when people say that there is a BET channel, but no White Entertainment Channel because they exist in ABC, CBS, etc. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

A corporation sells stuff and makes money.

Quaker Oats sells Aunt Jemima syrup.  The corporation got scared that people were going to start boycotting all of their products because Aunt Jemima was offensive, so they got rid of her.

Make sense?

If people stopped trying to get offended at everything, then corps wouldn't have to remove everything that could possibly be offensive.

I can't say that stopping the use of a woman who could be seen as a black slave is considered woke.  Coca Cola for example, with their "anti whiteness" BS and the NFL pandering like this Black Natl Anthem and Pizza Hut endorsing teachers to teach anti-racism. 

Just now, vomit said:

White people, your beef is not with black people, it's with the leftist ideology. Don't let them split us apart by color like they are trying to do.

Yeah, but I'm liberal as well. It's not liberals either. It's some people who have influence that are claiming they speak for everyone. They claim they speak for all blacks and all liberals. It's not true. 

This 100%.  The rich, woke white elitists are the ones really pushing this sh!t.  

1 minute ago, peenie said:

Yeah, but I'm liberal as well. It's not liberals either. It's some people who have influence that are claiming they speak for everyone. They claim they speak for all blacks and all liberals. It's not true. 

At this point, the center has moved so far left, that many staunch liberals could be reclassified as conservative.  Classic liberals aren't pushing it, it's progressive leftists.  

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, peenie said:

leftist, not liberal.  There are plenty of fine liberals, the leftists are pure a$$holes.

23 minutes ago, peenie said:

I agree to a point.  This just leads to more divisiveness. 

But I don't think you can generalize about what all blacks want. 

Last night I was watching track and field and was happy to see the top three finishers in the 200M waving the American flag after the race.  I was also really impressed by the chick from Harvard who blew everyone away.  Talk about a total package.  Brains, looks, athleticism, body.......

But, it was only a few short weeks ago when the hammer thrower turned her back on the flag at the podium.  

That's why all of this should just be taken out of sporting events IMO.  

another thing Rush Limbaugh was right about

Nothing says unity like playing separate anthems for white and black people all of whom are Americans.

19 minutes ago, vomit said:

I agree for the most part.  Be nice to see more and more black people jump the isle and vote with the normal people who don't think they are helpless.

48 minutes ago, peenie said:

It's white democrats doing what they do.  They tell you what to be offended by and how to react to it.  They do that to control your vote... f.y.i.

46 minutes ago, vomit said:

Corp follow the money.  Regular people need to stop being fahgits and corp will stop being scared of being targets.

Not possible.  The media controls the outrage.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, TheNewGirl said:

If you ask this seriously, they will tell you it's the National Anthem. 

Just like when people say that there is a BET channel, but no White Entertainment Channel because they exist in ABC, CBS, etc. 

Kinda wrong...the networks show tons of all races...every new show is a rainbow of races and even a few androgynous folks thrown in.

If aliens came down and watched network TV, they would think america was mostly black.   

• Like 1