Sign in to follow this  
snatchit

Joe Mixon

I dont think they will be stacking the boxes on him, plus playing with a better oline. Any Mixon believers out there ? 

I once had high hopes for him but they’ve fizzled.

3.6ypc last year? I don’t care who you are, that’s not good. And it’s not just last year either. With the exception of 2018 (4.9ypc) it’s been pretty middling.

He also doesn’t get TDs. Now that’s more tied to the Bengals’ ineptitude but still.

Is there a real reason to expect something different this year? Offense should be improved, but does that really mean we expect a great year out of Mixon?

Despite the struggles of the offensive line last season, Mixon was the RB9 in both PPR and standard scoring through the 6 weeks he played--and his points per game average through those 6 games was 10th in PPR and 11th in standard scoring among all RBs for the season.  With ANY improvement to the offensive line, or the offense in general, Mixon should return low-end RB1 value at worst so long as he remains healthy--which we can be pretty sure will not be the full season.

I like Mixon more coming into this season then any other time.  

He was based on avg a low rb1 last season I see that being about the same this season.  

Do I think he'll have his best year....yes. Do I think he's the stud that everyone keeps making him out to be....no. I can't put a finger on it, but I've watched him for years and I just see an above average bell cow. If it doesn't happen this year with o-line coach Pollack back, Bernard gone and studs galore at WR...it'll never happen. 

1 hour ago, shovelheadt said:

Do I think he'll have his best year....yes. Do I think he's the stud that everyone keeps making him out to be....no. I can't put a finger on it, but I've watched him for years and I just see an above average bell cow. If it doesn't happen this year with o-line coach Pollack back, Bernard gone and studs galore at WR...it'll never happen. 

I can put my finger directly on it. He has a career 4.1 ypc average. He has only played a full season once, and you have to spend a top 20 pick on him, probably higher. No thanks…

One doesn’t have to be a stud rb to be a rb1 in ff.  

Sometimes just the right situation can help make that happen. 

Mixon would make a great fit for that owner that drafts Kelce in the first round.  

I don't know, Mixon when healthy, seems to be the kind of guy to perpetually be a borderline RB1/RB2.

That said, I think if the moon, the stars, and the sun align correctly, then he has a big season in him where he's a top 5 RB or better.

I think that happens in the next 3 seasons before he fades out.

If he shows up ready to roll, he can be a late rb1 on that team, they should be a good offense. 

All I know is that I'm pretty fuggin' happy with my Henry-Mixon starts in a couple of Best Ball Championship leagues (so far).

Those teams also share Mahomes, Golladay, Thielen, and Aiyuk, with Lamb in one and Woods in the other.

So far, so you’ve started already, what do you roll dice?

Ok as a rb2 until he gets hurt. Wouldn’t take him as a rb1

1 minute ago, DrG said:

Ok as a rb2 until he gets hurt. Wouldn’t take him as a rb1

What if you took two WRs in first two rounds in a ppr, would you take him at a bargain value in the third round? 

per the ff consistency  he was the 14th most consistent back in 2018 and 16th in 2019. Last year you can throw out so maybe he has a bounce back year.

3 hours ago, DrG said:

I would not take two wrs to start my draft.

Ok what if you took Kelce and a wr in the first two rounds, and their is Mixon round three you buying, he’s a bargain in the third round. 

Projections here have him finishing inside the top 10 for rbs. I can't see.that even if the O-line plays better. Lockett, Higgins and Chase will help him not face 8 in the box very often so the opportunity for him to be successful.sgould be there. Since Gio Bernard is gone he'll get some of those receptions that.Gio got and Mixon should have every opportunity to be a 3 down back should he stay healthy. He's only 24 so he should still have a lot left in the tank so can he a career year? Possibly but with the 3 receivers the Bengals have and Joe Burrow back you know they're gonna throw the ball. Especially since they took Chase with the #5 pick instead of going O-line. They'll wanna prove they were right taking Chase where they did and have that.connection that Burrow & Chase.had.in college. I think that'll dampen Mixon's chances of a career year. I.think he has a real good chance though of finishing as a top 15 rb with over 1,000 yds. rushing and 7-9 total tds.

I think with Burrow at Qb plus those three WRs Chase, Higgins , Boyd , Mixon has a great shot at a top ten finish. 

3 hours ago, DocNiner said:

Projections here have him finishing inside the top 10 for rbs. I can't see.that even if the O-line plays better. Lockett, Higgins and Chase will help him not face 8 in the box very often so the opportunity for him to be successful.sgould be there. Since Gio Bernard is gone he'll get some of those receptions that.Gio got and Mixon should have every opportunity to be a 3 down back should he stay healthy. He's only 24 so he should still have a lot left in the tank so can he a career year? Possibly but with the 3 receivers the Bengals have and Joe Burrow back you know they're gonna throw the ball. Especially since they took Chase with the #5 pick instead of going O-line. They'll wanna prove they were right taking Chase where they did and have that.connection that Burrow & Chase.had.in college. I think that'll dampen Mixon's chances of a career year. I.think he has a real good chance though of finishing as a top 15 rb with over 1,000 yds. rushing and 7-9 total tds.

You lost me on the Burrow/Chase stuff but I still don’t like mixon as more than a low end RB1 at best

46 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

You lost me on the Burrow/Chase stuff but I still don’t like mixon as more than a low end RB1 at best

10th would make him a low rb1. 

5 minutes ago, weepaws said:

10th would make him a low rb1. 

Yup and that’s where I’d put him, that 10-13 range

14 hours ago, weepaws said:

What if… Wee if Mixon fell far enough I would take him. But I also wouldn’t draft te/wr to start my draft in the leagues I typically play in

On 7/18/2021 at 11:40 AM, snatchit said:

plus playing with a better oline.

Are they?  I've heard and read that the Bengals didn't really improve their OLine in the offseason.

On 7/21/2021 at 8:39 AM, TBayXXXVII said:

Are they?  I've heard and read that the Bengals didn't really improve their OLine in the offseason.

"Improve" is a relative term. It'll be better, but is it enough.

- Rily Reiff at RT
- Jonah Williams healthy

- Carman Jackson at LG

36 minutes ago, shovelheadt said:

- Rily Reiff at RT
- Jonah Williams healthy

- Carman Jackson at LG

Went back to their former Offensive Line coach, too...

Bengals O-Line

• Like 1

If the oline is better , then he should be able to achieve being the low rb1 he should be, his avg per game last season made him a low rb1. 

1 hour ago, shovelheadt said:

- Rily Reiff at RT
- Jonah Williams healthy

- Carman Jackson at LG

This looks to be the case.  My impression is that the answer is "No".  Until we see them actually play, at the very least in preseason, I can only go by the pundits.  PFF has the Bengals OLine ranked 25th heading into the season and their final ranking was 30th last year.  Basically, it's like getting a raise via minimum wage going up.

1 minute ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Basically, it's like getting a raise via minimum wage going up.

If that were the case, all the other teams would have improved too, and they'd still be 30th.  The improvement in their ranking, while not meteoric, was an appreciation over inflation.

1 minute ago, AxeElf said:

If that were the case, all the other teams would have improved too, and they'd still be 30th.  The improvement in their ranking, while not meteoric, was an appreciation over inflation.

:rolleyes:

I’m coming around on him a bit. I love the offense and the wrs this season so the run game would open up by default if they take a step forward. Plus mobile QBs usually take pressure off run lanes.

At the very least he should have moved up one spot of everyone list due to the injury to Akers 

If he stays healthy he’s a low rb1. 

On 7/21/2021 at 8:39 AM, TBayXXXVII said:

Yes, huge mistake passing up a generational talent at LT just months after their young, franchise QB got his knee shredded because of poor pass protection.

Seems like a no brainer to me, but they're the Bengals