Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
jrokh

Cam Akers Torn Achilles

Recommended Posts

Out for season. Darrell Henderson time?

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Todd Gurley reunion in LA?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Makes my keeper choices much easier, sucks for him hopefully be comes back good as new.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The big advantages of drafting earlier is great value, but this is why it’s best to wait.  

Wow Henderson should be next up, and with Stafford at Qb this team is going to move the ball. 

But I would think someone like a Gore or Peterson might be sign soon, I don’t see a Gurley reunions, I think he’s so beat up.  

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Xavier Jones might be an interesting guy to add to a watch list.  2nd year undrafted free agent coming out of SMU.  I liked him coming out of college last year, and he actually made the team, but he didn't see any action.  With Cam Akers gone and Malcolm Brown out of town, if they don't sign some veteran, Jones will probably get carries this year.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

AP has been training and waiting to sign with a contender. I could see him getting a call. There's also the other available vets like Lev Bell and Frank Gore out there as well as all the final cut day casualties in late August (Mark Ingram?). One of the reasons I wasn't as high on Akers as everyone else is that McVay flat out said last year he wants to replicate what Shanahan does with his RB committee. I think we'll see someone signed sooner or later but this vaults Henderson up into the 3rd round territory at least. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

3rd round for Henderson because of the injury to Akers, naw, that’s way to high, I mean I hope that someone likes him that early.  

Why to early for me. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, weepaws said:

3rd round for Henderson because of the injury to Akers, naw, that’s way to high, I mean I hope that someone likes him that early.  

Why to early for me. 

Way too early for me as well but if the Rams do not sign anyone of note, then all the hype will lead Henderson's ADP up into that area by late August.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They say they are staying put but I bet they bring someone in. There’s a lot of free agent RBs out there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

One top RB down already

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Peterson.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Mike FF Today said:

How much Tilt would there be from the fantasy community if the Rams signed Frank Gore?

Probably about as much if Sean McVay bolted the Rams to join SF

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, AxeElf said:

Robert Woods owners, rejoice!

Stafford and Rams WRS will get an ADP boost

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I hope not, I don’t want to have to spend more for Kupp and or Woods.  

Lets just keep this Akers news on the down low.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, DrG said:

Stafford and Rams WRS will get an ADP boost

I think it should go down.  Their offense won't be as efficient.  Their number of plays might go down.  There's a greater likelihood that they're a more predictable and one-dimensional offense and easier to defend.  Oddly, their offense just became similar to what Stafford had to deal with in Detroit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sean McVay is pretty creative working around limitations and he has a new gunslinger as a toy. 

Goff often liked to me like he only saw part of the field. I just think the Rams are going to throw a lot more.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Goff did avg 580 att last three seasons, and he did att 24 more passes then Stafford last season, and he played one less game. 

I think that’s what we’ll see this season. Balance. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Goff didn’t have the arm Stafford does.

Good chance Rams crack 650 passes this 17 game season. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/20/2021 at 10:25 AM, AintNoStoppinMeNow said:

AP has been training and waiting to sign with a contender. I could see him getting a call. There's also the other available vets like Lev Bell and Frank Gore out there as well as all the final cut day casualties in late August (Mark Ingram?). One of the reasons I wasn't as high on Akers as everyone else is that McVay flat out said last year he wants to replicate what Shanahan does with his RB committee. I think we'll see someone signed sooner or later but this vaults Henderson up into the 3rd round territory at least. 

What’s the deal with Bell? I didn’t really see him last year but I heard he looked decent. So why no interest?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

What’s the deal with Bell? I didn’t really see him last year but I heard he looked decent. So why no interest?

About a month ago, he said he'd rather retire than play for Andy Reid again.

If you can't handle being coached by famously player-friendly Andy Reid, that's a major red flag.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Last time Stafford att 650 plus was in 2012, I don’t see that taking place, I expect them to be ahead a lot.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Goff averaged 37 passes a game last year.  The year before, 39 without Akers. With new arm talent and less running talent with Akers gone, I think there is a great chance passes per game in the Ram offense do not lessen. 35.3 attempts a game is 600 for the year. 38 attempts a game would be 646 in a 17 game season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think 37 would be right, that’s 592 for Stafford. 

Thats sounds right. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Vikings4ever said:

About a month ago, he said he'd rather retire than play for Andy Reid again.

If you can't handle being coached by famously player-friendly Andy Reid, that's a major red flag.

Especially with what a great drinking buddy his son is :shocking:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, IGotWorms said:

Especially with what a great drinking buddy his son is :shocking:

That's probly the source of the division--Bell's a pothead and the Reids are drinkers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, weepaws said:

I think 37 would be right, that’s 592 for Stafford. 

Thats sounds right. 

May sound right, but it's not.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

WP it’s a 17 game season 37 attempts a game would be 629. 39 and a little change would be 670. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah I forgot about the 17 games now.  So 629 att for Stafford sounds right , that’s 37 per game. So the key number is still 37 pass att per game. 

Bank it, if I’m wrong after the season let me know. 

Thanks. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, AxeElf said:

That's probly the source of the division--Bell's a pothead and the Reids are drinkers.

Reid’s son OD’d on heroin. This other one was a junky too. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×