Sign in to follow this  
edjr

**official** Olympic Games Tokyo -- 7/23/21 - 8/8/21

You can debate what their intentions were, but when the Vietnam Veteran was playing the national anthem on his harmonica, multiple women who are known for their wokeness and kneeling turned away from him and faced a different direction than everyone else. They claim they were looking at a different flag, but the rest of the team as well as the opposing team were all facing forward. 

27 minutes ago, avoiding injuries said:

You can debate what their intentions were, but when the Vietnam Veteran was playing the national anthem on his harmonica, multiple women who are known for their wokeness and kneeling turned away from him and faced a different direction than everyone else. They claim they were looking at a different flag, but the rest of the team as well as the opposing team were all facing forward. 

I know one has to take Snopes with a grain of salt, but...

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/us-womens-soccer-national-anthem/

1 hour ago, posty said:

I know one has to take Snopes with a grain of salt, but...

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/us-womens-soccer-national-anthem/

Seems legit.  I'll give them this one.  Guess that means racism, bigotry, and oppression is over... since they're now recognizing the flag.  Thank goodness.  We can all move on now and go back to respecting the flag and National Anthem, right?  Ooooorrrr... were they just pandering because the WWII Vet was right there?

Curling is my favorite Winter Olympics event.  I think Cornhole should be in the Summer Olympics, it's da greatest sport evah!

1 minute ago, Gepetto said:

Curling is my favorite Winter Olympics event.  I think Cornhole should be in the Summer Olympics, it's da greatest sport evah!

As long as your Mom will stand for the anthem I think she'd be a shoe in for bringing home the gold!  Her cornhole skillz are amazing!  :banana:

14 hours ago, Fireballer said:

They call him NAILS for a reason. :lol:  :first:

Nah. I’ll just see the kneeling on right wing media and shake my fist. The sum of my Olympic experience. 

why are we even genderizing any sport at this point? should be no womens or mens. just the best make it. so bye bye wimmen and dykes!

32 minutes ago, Alias Detective said:

US women soccer lost.  Fock em!

Dammit...  I was hoping you meant again...

6 minutes ago, Gladiators said:

Metoo

You forgot the "#".  Modern day protests don't mean sh1t without a hash tag. :nono:

I tried to watch, but couldn't find any actual sports happening. COVID COVID COVID, Gymnastic sexual scandel, More COVID, literally couldn't find any sports.

I've tried to get into this. Can't do it.

Sports without fans is just so bad. Especially when said sport is something unwatchable like women's soccer in the first place.

That opening ceremony was embarrassing. Very poor effort by Japan. 

Water Polo is on live now.  USA tied it up 10 -10 vs Japan late in the 3rd.

Jon Rahm has caught the China virus twice in the last 2 months? 

15 hours ago, Cdub100 said:

I tried to watch, but couldn't find any actual sports happening. COVID COVID COVID, Gymnastic sexual scandel, More COVID, literally couldn't find any sports.

Wrestling doesn’t start til 8/1

On 7/20/2021 at 10:31 AM, Reality said:

Always stoked for the track sprint events. We're a track family, daughter ran in college (D2) and my son (D1) will this coming year. 

Daughter ran 100, 200, & the 4x100.

Son runs the 400 & 4x400.

Love those events, very exciting.

Love the track events. The baton exchanges are always interesting.

Caught the women's gymnastics qualifying? Thibk that was it. Plus some swimming.

NBC in typical American fashion over produced the hell out of it.  All these pre recorded skits which was over done x100.  A camera in the room of every family who had someone in it.  Interviews. Moments etc etc.  Good god shut up already.

Not sure if most cable outlets have CBC (Canadian broadcasting) but we are lucky in Detroit to have it.   All competition. Or at least 90%.  They don't oversaturate you with sap.

Just show the competitions.  Hey instead of telling me where Biles bought ice cream last week how about flipping over to softball? Or anything. 

Craps worse than american idol. 

CBC is the way to go for Olympics.  They actually show the events!!  :shocking:

Haven't seen even a minute of the olympics. I did however watch Sum of All Fears today. :thumbsup:

Watching women’s skateboarding; the average age of the “women” is about 13.  Seriously they are little kids out there.  Maybe they should let this activity actually become a sport before putting it in the olympics.  :dunno: 

US men's volleyball team on now.   The announcer literally said "every excellent volleyball player was a failed soccer player"

12 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

US men's volleyball team on now.   The announcer literally said "every excellent volleyball player was a failed soccer player"

I was thinking a failed heterosexual myself. 

Has Ed's cousin been handed his gold medal yet?

18 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

US men's basketball currently down by 7 to France...

It amuses me that our diva staying on a cruise ship because the village isn't good enough NBA boys got beat. Wish it had been someone other than France though.

I just want us to win more medals than China so I can talk sh!t. During the last winter Olympics, I put medal counts on the PowerPoint everyday just to wind them up. 

3 minutes ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

It amuses me that our diva staying on a cruise ship because the village isn't good enough NBA boys got beat. Wish it had been someone other than France though.

I just want us to win more medals than China so I can talk sh!t. During the last winter Olympics, I put medal counts on the PowerPoint everyday just to wind them up. 

I know that you already know this but for everyone else, they only care about gold medals in China.

5 gold, 8 silver, 7 bronze < 6 gold, 2 silver, 2 bronze

Just now, Voltaire said:

I know that you already know this but for everyone else, they only care about gold medals in China.

5 gold, 8 silver, 7 bronze < 6 gold, 2 silver, 2 bronze

Sure. We still have a long way to go though. Just getting started.

You know the winter Olympics are in Beijing in February right? Since we're not going to allowed to leave the country and reenter by then, if they allow fans there, I'd kinda like to go. Probably expensive as fock, but it would probably be cool.

4 minutes ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

Sure. We still have a long way to go though. Just getting started.

You know the winter Olympics are in Beijing in February right? Since we're not going to allowed to leave the country and reenter by then, if they allow fans there, I'd kinda like to go. Probably expensive as fock, but it would probably be cool.

I've long known the Winter Olympics are in Beijing in 2022, but it's always been abstract in the ether. I'd not thought in terms of whether that meant February 2022 or December 2022. It was always 'far off'. I guess, now that it's June 2021, it is starting to become worthy of looking at and giving more thought to.

31 minutes ago, Voltaire said:

I've long known the Winter Olympics are in Beijing in 2022, but it's always been abstract in the ether. I'd not thought in terms of whether that meant February 2022 or December 2022. It was always 'far off'. I guess, now that it's June 2021, it is starting to become worthy of looking at and giving more thought to.

They run from feb 4 to Feb 20. Our holiday runs from late January to late February next year. In theory, it should be doable.

Perhaps we could meet up there. It's ridiculous that we've lived over here this long and never met.

I'll actually be passing through your neck of the woods in about 3 weeks on my way to tibet. Thought about trying to arrange a meet up, but I have 3 other people with me, and I'm not feeling great about wandering about as a foreigner right now.

I'll look into it. Surely there has to be some sort of ticket packages for sale. 

2 hours ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

They run from feb 4 to Feb 20. Our holiday runs from late January to late February next year. In theory, it should be doable.

Perhaps we could meet up there. It's ridiculous that we've lived over here this long and never met.

I'll actually be passing through your neck of the woods in about 3 weeks on my way to tibet. Thought about trying to arrange a meet up, but I have 3 other people with me, and I'm not feeling great about wandering about as a foreigner right now.

I'll look into it. Surely there has to be some sort of ticket packages for sale. 

My wife has bought tickets and made reservations to go to Beijing in August so I doubt we'll be going back there again in February. But meeting you has been something I've been hoping to do for a while now.