Sign in to follow this  
edjr

**official** Olympic Games Tokyo -- 7/23/21 - 8/8/21

11 minutes ago, TimmySmith said:

Nailed it.  Some days you are off, and you carry on.  Nothing brave about quitting because you only feel 99%.  

I'd be really curious to know her teammates true feelings. Yeah, they're all toeing the line, but you know some are p!sssed. 

German bicycle coach to one of his players during a bicycle riding match :lol:

"Get the camel drivers, get the camel drivers, come on," the German official said as he urged his rider Nikias Arndt who was chasing opponents Algeria's Azzedine Lagab and Eritrea's Amanuel Ghebreigzabhier during his time trial effort.

41 minutes ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

I more subscribe to the theory that she bought her own hype and coasted and it bit her in the ass.

This

10 minutes ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

I'd be really curious to know her teammates true feelings. Yeah, they're all toeing the line, but you know some are p!sssed. 

Yeah and I'm not sure we will ever know. To me, she's a quitter.  Plain and simple..  You can't spin this any other way.  F anyone and their mental health crap.  It's the Olympics, its supposed to be hard.  And if you aren't up to it, get your endorsed butt up there and give it your best.  If you fail you fail, lose with dignity.  Quitting because you felt you'd fail is the worst message to send to the younger generation.

She's a quitter and quite frankly a loser.  Period.  Disappointed completely over this, disappointed in all the support she's getting, disappointed in the pussification of America.

2 minutes ago, supermike80 said:

Yeah and I'm not sure we will ever know. To me, she's a quitter.  Plain and simple..  You can't spin this any other way.  F anyone and their mental health crap.  It's the Olympics, its supposed to be hard.  And if you aren't up to it, get your endorsed butt up there and give it your best.  If you fail you fail, lose with dignity.  Quitting because you felt you'd fail is the worst message to send to the younger generation.

She's a quitter and quite frankly a loser.  Period.  Disappointed completely over this, disappointed in all the support she's getting, disappointed in the pussification of America.

Yep. And she wasn't only on the team, I presume she was the leader.

If I'm on that team, I call her out from the podium.

“hey Simone, we'd be standing up there if you weren't such a focking coward.”

ALL I see is articles on Biles “withdrawing” and how “brave” she is for doing it. She literally quit on her teammates. Mental health or not I’ve been under tremendous pressure as well in sports. So have others. So are the athletes competing. She’s weak minded. Great athlete. But zero drive to win 

2 minutes ago, Djgb13 said:

But zero drive to win 

I don't get it either. 

1 hour ago, Hawkeye21 said:

Have any of you taken the time to understand why she made her decision or did you all just jump to the conclusion that you have?

Why don't we see this much more often?  I'm sure it is not the first.  But with all these girls competing in gymnastics.  Are much lesser talents than Biles never "off"? Or are they just not brave enough to give up?  

After every bad landing or bad flip girls should pull themselves so they fon't get killed.  Clearly they arent 100% on their game.

I've no clue how many events these gymnasts compete in. 

So she bailed on team all-around as well as individual all-around?  Do they also have single equipment/type events (balance beam, uneven parallel bars, etc) that she might still compete in?

Or did she get an all expenses paid trip to Tokyo to be a spectator for EVERYTHING? 

1 minute ago, listen2me 23 said:

Why don't we see this much more often?  I'm sure it is not the first.  But with all these girls competing in gymnastics.  Are much lesser talents than Biles never "off"? Or are they just not brave enough to give up?  

After every bad landing or bad flip girls should pull themselves so they fon't get killed.  Clearly they arent 100% on theit game.

Exactly. You don’t quit in the middle of a game because you’re having a bad game. You power through and try harder. Not “well screw it I quit if I’m not doing good” 

7 minutes ago, DonS said:

I've no clue how many events these gymnasts compete in. 

So she bailed on team all-around as well as individual all-around?  Do they also have single equipment/type events (balance beam, uneven parallel bars, etc) that she might still compete in?

Or did she get an all expenses paid trip to Tokyo to be a spectator for EVERYTHING? 

Oh I don't think the trip is a big deal. Not compared with her net worth of six million from endorsements.

Wonder if any companies that paid her prior to this Olympics will have the balls to attempt to get their money back. 

16 minutes ago, Djgb13 said:

ALL I see is articles on Biles “withdrawing” and how “brave” she is for doing it. She literally quit on her teammates. Mental health or not I’ve been under tremendous pressure as well in sports. So have others. So are the athletes competing. She’s weak minded. Great athlete. But zero drive to win 

Can't be that. She's arguably one of the most successful gymnasts of all time. As I said before, she's won 30 Olympic and world champ medals.

You don't get that without a huge drive to win.

Now... maybe the fact that she's rich now killed that drive. 

2 minutes ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

Oh I don't think the trip is a big deal. Not compared with her net worth of six million from endorsements.

Wonder if any companies that paid her prior to this Olympics will have the balls to attempt to get their money back. 

Yeah, cost of trip is nothing.  Just pointing out that she's basically on vacation if she doesn't compete at all.

The pressure might have gotten too great once she decided to stitch a focking GOAT on her outfit.  Nothing like being humble. :rolleyes:

6 minutes ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

Maybe she bailed because lib tears are as good as a Gold medal on the open market.   A silver, however, is just failure all around. :dunno:

Just now, TimmySmith said:

Maybe she bailed because lib tears are as good as a Gold medal on the open market.   A silver, however, is just failure all around. :dunno:

What lib tears? Seems like they are praising her cowardice to high heaven. 

Just now, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

What lib tears? Seems like they are praising her cowardice to high heaven. 

Well, that's what I mean.  They are pleading with the world to accept her cowardice.   A little overboard in fact.  She'll go nuts on the LIb talk show circuit,  Don't expect any truth.

10 minutes ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

Can't be that. She's arguably one of the most successful gymnasts of all time. As I said before, she's won 30 Olympic and world champ medals.

You don't get that without a huge drive to win.

Now... maybe the fact that she's rich now killed that drive. 

Nah. She was fine when things were easy. Now that they’ve gotten hard she quits. That’s what’s called weak willed. Zero drive. 

51 minutes ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

If that is the case she should have been a scratch. If she couldn't do it in practice, why have her on the team?

Let's also not forget that this is what, her 3rd or 4th Olympics? Numerous world championships? And now the pressure of an empty arena focks with her head? Not buying it.

I more subscribe to the theory that she bought her own hype and coasted and it bit her in the ass.

That’s not necessarily mutually exclusive.  Preparation breeds confidence.

That being said, I’m not sure how much I buy this “fear for her safety” angle.  I saw her vault where she went so far to the side that she stepped off of the mat.  Her face didn’t say “OMG I almost died!”  It was more like “da FOCK was that ish?!”  

One of the toughest things to teach my kids was the difference between pain and injury.  One of my daughters was playing softball in a playoff game and twisted her ankle pretty bad in a sprinkler hole in the outfield; she couldn’t walk on it initially and came out of the game (this was pregame warmups).  I worked with her in the dugout to slowly put weight on it test it, walk, then jog.  By the end of the game she pinch hit and got a single, and I was very happy for her that she learned an important lesson (and got to play in the game).

Or so I thought.  That was 10 years ago, and her recent memory of it was “Dad made me go back into the game when I might have been seriously injured.”  :lol: I explained to her now, as I did then, that if it were broken, torn, or badly sprained, she would not have been able to put weight on it the way she did.  And most importantly — and this is tying back to Biles — only YOU can really tell how bad it is, and you need to learn where that line is, but don’t quit on your team or yourself unless you have to.  I presume that this lesson would apply to a mental/yips problem as well.  

She clearly has the mental fortitude to get where she has gotten and succeed like nobody else in a sport which requires as much dedication as any.  So for that to just go POOF!… I’m inclined to not think so.  While I struggle with the way mental health is seen in this country, I don’t think she has a problem she couldn’t push through.

Just now, TimmySmith said:

Well, that's what I mean.  They are pleading with the world to accept her cowardice.   A little overboard in fact.  She'll go nuts on the LIb talk show circuit,  Don't expect any truth.

Just waiting on the claims of racism now.

I bet it goes something like, “people in Japan constantly said racist sh!t to me (probably true), and it knocked me off my game.”

2 minutes ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

Just waiting on the claims of racism now.

I bet it goes something like, “people in Japan constantly said racist sh!t to me (probably true), and it knocked me off my game.”

Fock all that we gotta get on with these. 

Gotta compete with the wiley Japanese. 

2 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

I don’t think she has a problem she couldn’t push through.

And even if she did, it didn't crop up in the last week. Should have replaced her beforehand. 

2 hours ago, bostonlager said:

Cliffnotes version: She choked. 

This is probably a better explanation than she quit.  Based on her comments (and her vault), she probably wouldn't have done very well even if she did compete.

24 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

This is probably a better explanation than she quit.  Based on her comments (and her vault), she probably wouldn't have done very well even if she did compete.

No she still quit. I watched Peyton Manning make a career out of gagging in the playoffs, but he never walked off the field. As a side note, she is ugly as shiit too. Some good discussion of her is warranted in the pit bull thread. 

• Haha 3

Choking is still trying and failing. Quitting means you didn’t even try. She flat out quit. Like Titans said, she will throw the racism card out once ppl get their heads out their asses 

2 hours ago, listen2me 23 said:

After every bad landing or bad flip girls should pull themselves so they fon't get killed.  Clearly they arent 100% on their game.

I can't tell you.  Every person is different.  I had heard that she was feeling lost, like she didn't know where she was in her spins and turns.  Sounded like she also thought her team was going to be better off without her in the state of of mind she was in.

Golf coverage starts at 6:30. The Olympics will have officially started. 

3 hours ago, jerryskids said:

That’s not necessarily mutually exclusive.  Preparation breeds confidence.

That being said, I’m not sure how much I buy this “fear for her safety” angle.  I saw her vault where she went so far to the side that she stepped off of the mat.  Her face didn’t say “OMG I almost died!”  It was more like “da FOCK was that ish?!”  

One of the toughest things to teach my kids was the difference between pain and injury.  One of my daughters was playing softball in a playoff game and twisted her ankle pretty bad in a sprinkler hole in the outfield; she couldn’t walk on it initially and came out of the game (this was pregame warmups).  I worked with her in the dugout to slowly put weight on it test it, walk, then jog.  By the end of the game she pinch hit and got a single, and I was very happy for her that she learned an important lesson (and got to play in the game).

Or so I thought.  That was 10 years ago, and her recent memory of it was “Dad made me go back into the game when I might have been seriously injured.”  :lol: I explained to her now, as I did then, that if it were broken, torn, or badly sprained, she would not have been able to put weight on it the way she did.  And most importantly — and this is tying back to Biles — only YOU can really tell how bad it is, and you need to learn where that line is, but don’t quit on your team or yourself unless you have to.  I presume that this lesson would apply to a mental/yips problem as well.  

She clearly has the mental fortitude to get where she has gotten and succeed like nobody else in a sport which requires as much dedication as any.  So for that to just go POOF!… I’m inclined to not think so.  While I struggle with the way mental health is seen in this country, I don’t think she has a problem she couldn’t push through.

TLDR 

18 minutes ago, bostonlager said:

Golf coverage starts at 6:30. The Olympics will have officially started. 

Channel?

Just now, Alias Detective said:

Channel?

I watch it on NBC Golf Pass. 

Looks like it is on Golf Channel too

1 minute ago, bostonlager said:

I watch it on NBC Golf Pass. 

Looks like it is on Golf Channel too

Golf Channel has a pregame show too, starting at 5:00

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Djgb13 said:

Choking is still trying and failing. Quitting means you didn’t even try. She flat out quit. Like Titans said, she will throw the racism card out once ppl get their heads out their asses 

That’s ridiculous. Can you ever see us as one group together as Americans? Why must you all always see us as black and white? It’s the Olympics for goodness sakes. There is no racial angle. It’s the culture of their generation, imo.

3 minutes ago, peenie said:

That’s ridiculous. Can you ever see us as one group together as Americans? Why must you all always see us as black and white? It’s the Olympics for goodness sakes. There is no racial angle. It’s the culture of their generation, imo.

Are you focking kidding me? You of all people write that?! 

I would love nothing more than to see us all as one group of Americans.

Sadly, my government and media won't have it. I have to atone for my privilege.

And playing the race angle on everything is also the culture of her generation. 

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, peenie said:

You want to know WHY? Because YOU and the rest of liberals have MADE it ALL y’all care about. EVERYTHING is about race, gender, sexual orientation. Remember before Obama, we didn’t give a Sh1t about race or if someone was gay or not. If you want to blame someone then blame your race and the rest of the liberals. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, peenie said:

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

14 minutes ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

Are you focking kidding me? You of all people write that?! 

I would love nothing more than to see us all as one group of Americans.

Sadly, my government and media won't have it. I have to atone for my privilege.

And playing the race angle on everything is also the culture of her generation. 

Right? Like is peenie out of her focking mind? She throws race card a lot herself. They created this mess and then get pissed when you use it against them. And the thing is, none of the black people I know act like this. Of course, we are in the south so we treat everyone equally. But the media, the liberals, and the Dems in power are making everything about race. They’ve thoroughly convinced blacks that if someone disagrees with them then they’re racist. Greatest con job in america history is happening with the Dems, liberals, and blacks 

Swear I’ve never seen people celebrate quitting so much before this week. Wanna know what separates ordinary from greatness? The drive to never give up in the face of adversity. You think a baseball/football/basketball/etc player would quit in the middle of a tournament because they were doing bad and “weren’t in the right mindset”? No they wouldn’t. They would push forward. Greatness is never giving up. She gave up. I was a HUGE fan of hers but she lost ALL respect I had for her when she left her teammates out to dry like that