Sign in to follow this  
edjr

**official** Olympic Games Tokyo -- 7/23/21 - 8/8/21

Stop talking about Biles.

We've got a gymnast competing at the highest level, Jade Carey

2 minutes ago, Gepetto said:

Stop talking about Biles.

We've got a gyjhast competing at the highest level, Jade Carey

That’s ALL I’ve focking seen. Instead of showcasing the olympians who actually competed and won they’re more focused on defending Biles

On 7/28/2021 at 1:47 PM, Cloaca du jour said:

Hilarious that the liberals are killing the olympic viewership in the US.

Stay classy, liberals!

9 hours ago, tubby_mcgee said:

Hilarious that the liberals are killing the olympic viewership in the US.

Stay classy, liberals!

Aren't conservatives also boycotting the Olympics because they think the athletes are anti-America?  I don't think it's just a liberal thing.

2 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

Aren't conservatives also boycotting the Olympics because they think the athletes are anti-America?  I don't think it's just a liberal thing.

Wrong - Conservatives are boycotting some athletes which demonstrate they are anti American.

I think you must be a big oaf or purposely obtuse.

• Sad 1

Just now, Alias Detective said:

Wrong - Conservatives are boycotting some athletes which demonstrate they are anti American.

I think you must be a big oaf or purposely obtuse.

How am I being purposely obtuse?  They are literally not watching certain events because of those athletes.

1 minute ago, Hawkeye21 said:

How am I being purposely obtuse?  They are literally not watching certain events because of those athletes.

I can’t spoon feed you.  Put your thinking cap on and self reflect.  Maybe you will get it.

I wish peenie created this thread.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Hawkeye21 said:

This is the crap conservatives are talking about.  If this swimmer was black, I guaranfuckingtee  he would be a hero.

liberals are bad for this country.

TOKYO — When athletes become Olympians, their lives and responsibilities change, whether they like it or not. Their singular focus broadens. More is expected of them. They become representatives of one nation and guests of another.

Michael Andrew, the unvaccinated, 22-year-old American swimmer who refused to wear a mask while talking to journalists in the mixed zone Friday morning at the Tokyo Aquatics Centre, is a first-time Olympian who by now should have figured out that things are different in Tokyo than they were for him back home.

Instead, somewhere on his journey from self-centered athlete to Michael America, Andrew lost his way. 

When he showed up to speak to reporters at a locked-down Olympics in the middle of a pandemic state of emergency, he was asked by USA TODAY Sports why he was not wearing a mask like all of his U.S. teammates. 

Michael Andrew would not wear a mask while speaking with the media in Tokyo.

One might have thought he would have realized his mistake, reached for his mask and put it on right then, out of courtesy, if nothing else.

No way. Not this guy. 

This is what he said:

“For me, it’s pretty hard to breathe in after kind of sacrificing my body in the water, so I feel like my health is a little more tied to being able to breathe than protecting what’s coming out of my mouth.”

Translation: I couldn’t care less about you, or the pandemic, or the fact I’m not vaccinated. This is all about me.

The U.S. Olympic and Paralympic Committee has an ugly American in its midst. 

1 hour ago, Alias Detective said:

This is the crap conservatives are talking about.  If this swimmer was black, I guaranfuckingtee  he would be a hero.

liberals are bad for this country.

TOKYO — When athletes become Olympians, their lives and responsibilities change, whether they like it or not. Their singular focus broadens. More is expected of them. They become representatives of one nation and guests of another.

Michael Andrew, the unvaccinated, 22-year-old American swimmer who refused to wear a mask while talking to journalists in the mixed zone Friday morning at the Tokyo Aquatics Centre, is a first-time Olympian who by now should have figured out that things are different in Tokyo than they were for him back home.

Instead, somewhere on his journey from self-centered athlete to Michael America, Andrew lost his way. 

When he showed up to speak to reporters at a locked-down Olympics in the middle of a pandemic state of emergency, he was asked by USA TODAY Sports why he was not wearing a mask like all of his U.S. teammates. 

Michael Andrew would not wear a mask while speaking with the media in Tokyo.

One might have thought he would have realized his mistake, reached for his mask and put it on right then, out of courtesy, if nothing else.

No way. Not this guy. 

This is what he said:

“For me, it’s pretty hard to breathe in after kind of sacrificing my body in the water, so I feel like my health is a little more tied to being able to breathe than protecting what’s coming out of my mouth.”

Translation: I couldn’t care less about you, or the pandemic, or the fact I’m not vaccinated. This is all about me.

The U.S. Olympic and Paralympic Committee has an ugly American in its midst. 

I get it, you hate liberals.  Not sure why you're making this argument.  All I said was that I think the ratings are down because conservatives are also not watching as much because they don't like the woke athletes, specifically the basketball and soccer team.  It's not just liberals, there are other factors as well.

If Mary Lou Retton quit, none of you racist focks would have said a peep. I am with peenie on this one

18 minutes ago, edjr said:

If Mary Lou Retton quit, none of you racist focks would have said a peep. I am with peenie on this one

Mary Lou Reston didn’t quit.  That is the point dipshit.  Hero’s don’t quit when the going gets tough.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, edjr said:

Did someone say she quit because she's black?

Anyway, I can't find any reason to praise her for quitting. And I think if Mary Lou Retton quit I honestly don't think people would be praising her for being so brave. Would that have been racist against her for not praising her if she quit?

Does everyone who quits on their team deserve to be praised? Or just black women?

I think you are getting that whole "racist" thing backwards.  :dunno:

35 minutes ago, edjr said:

This site wasn't even around when she vaulted...

19 minutes ago, Alias Detective said:

Mary Lou Reston didn’t quit.  That is the point dipshit.  Hero’s don’t quit when the going gets tough.

This provides an interesting perspective on the Biles situation.

https://www.upworthy.com/kerri-strug-video-olympics-ankle-vault

I'm sure people here will just say it's an example of the wussification of America or something though.

Remember that strugg chick? Didn't she like break her ****** leg or something? And still vault?

3 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

I'm sure people here will just say it's an example of the wussification of America or something though.

As a former professional athlete.  Save it.  She choked, quit on her team and that’s it.   The best professional athletes control their emotions and rise to the occasion. This one quit and is being labeled as a hero for doing so.  

The only reason I can imagine Biles is getting the hero label is because she is a black woman.  That’s fact.

3 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

So if a kid is taking a very important test in HS or College but is feeling extra anxiety.....they should walk out to protect their mental health?

• Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, wiffleball said:

Remember that strugg chick? Didn't she like break her ****** leg or something? And still vault?

Yes Digby.  It’s because discussed already.

Just now, Cloaca du jour said:

Michael Andrew...yay or nay.

Swimmer refuses masks and he is unvaccinated

You ever tryi to swim with a mask on?

If a person worked all of their youth crushing school and working hard and gets a dream job interview but is feeling extra anxiety.....we should encourage them to protect their mental health and walk out or not show up?

6 minutes ago, listen2me 23 said:

If a person worked all of their youth crushing school and working hard and gets a dream job interview but is feeling extra anxiety.....we should encourage them to protect their mental health and walk out or not show up?

#brave

26 minutes ago, wiffleball said:

Can I remind anybody of Brett Favre throwing like 4 TDs after his Dad died? 

Wasn't there a kicker that played in the Super Bowl right after his baby died? 

3 minutes ago, DonS said:

Wasn't there a kicker that played in the Super Bowl right after his baby died? 

I mean, how attached to the kid could he possibly have been? Dude had yogurt that lasted longer.

1 hour ago, edjr said:

You're wrong fucktard

4 minutes ago, Alias Detective said:

As a former professional athlete.  Save it.  She choked, quit on her team and that’s it.   The best professional athletes control their emotions and rise to the occasion. This one quit and is being labeled as a hero for doing so.  

The only reason I can imagine Biles is getting the hero label is because she is a black woman.  That’s fact.

I don't think the post I shared was saying she was necessarily a hero, just that sometimes it's not a bad thing to realize there is more to life than sports.    And regarding Kerri Strug the bigger takeaway IMO was that Karolyi probably shouldn't have let her do the vault on the broken ankle or whatever.   He treated his gymnasts as disposable.  Which I guess makes sense looking back if he covered up anything for Nassar.

Paul Casey +1400 live. :thumbsup:

2 hours ago, Alias Detective said:

Mary Lou Reston didn’t quit. 

🤪

4 minutes ago, Gladiators said:

Did he quit?

sounds like it - https://www.swimmingworldmagazine.com/news/olympics-wang-shun-storms-to-gold-in-200-im-michael-andrew-fades-to-fifth/

"He just missed the podium in the 100 breaststroke, placing fourth, and now the medley – his best chance at gold, or a solo medal – fell apart down the stretch

Simone Biles Olympic Medals: 4 gold, 1 silver, 1 bronze

Michael Andrew Olympic Medals: 0

Just now, TimHauck said:

sounds like it - https://www.swimmingworldmagazine.com/news/olympics-wang-shun-storms-to-gold-in-200-im-michael-andrew-fades-to-fifth/

"He just missed the podium in the 100 breaststroke, placing fourth, and now the medley – his best chance at gold, or a solo medal – fell apart down the stretch

Simone Biles Olympic Medals: 4 gold, 1 silver, 1 bronze

Michael Andrew Olympic Medals: 0

That's unfortunate...Fock him then.

9 hours ago, edjr said:

If Mary Lou Retton quit, you wouldn't know her name. 

JFC