Sign in to follow this  
edjr

**official** Olympic Games Tokyo -- 7/23/21 - 8/8/21

40 minutes ago, bostonlager said:

I’m not sure why women athletes wear jewelry, but the better question is, why do we have women athletes. Trying to play sports does nothing for your sandwich making abilities, nor does it give me a freshly ironed shirt.

So edgy!

17 minutes ago, nobody said:

So edgy!

Thanks, f@ggot 

• Haha 1

And earlier Djokovic had this to say when asked about Biles:

When asked about Biles raising the issue of mental health in sport and the pressure he is currently facing as he attempts to win the Golden Slam, Djokovic replied: ‘Pressure is a privilege, my friend. Without pressure there is no professional sport.

https://metro.co.uk/2021/07/29/novak-djokovic-says-pressure-is-a-privilege-after-simone-biles-olympic-withdrawal-15006260/

6 minutes ago, Fireballer said:

What does this even mean?  

"the intersection where all people who are oppressed meet.”

Look at me is your answer.

52 minutes ago, Fireballer said:

What did she win? The ugly contest? How oppressed she must feel..

1 hour ago, Fireballer said:

I would be very irritated if I worked for a company that sponsored this athlete.  Oh wait.  I do.  :mad:

1 hour ago, TimHauck said:

And earlier Djokovic had this to say when asked about Biles:

When asked about Biles raising the issue of mental health in sport and the pressure he is currently facing as he attempts to win the Golden Slam, Djokovic replied: ‘Pressure is a privilege, my friend. Without pressure there is no professional sport.

https://metro.co.uk/2021/07/29/novak-djokovic-says-pressure-is-a-privilege-after-simone-biles-olympic-withdrawal-15006260/

Another bìtchass quitter

18 minutes ago, DonS said:

I would be very irritated if I worked for a company that sponsored this athlete.  Oh wait.  I do.  :mad:

What was irritating about it?  It wasn’t during the anthem.  You’re offended by the letter X?

2 hours ago, bostonlager said:

Thanks, f@ggot 

You unabashedly used a slur!  I am envious of your freedom and toughness!

1 hour ago, Fireballer said:

Paul Casey gets it...

I can't imagine anything more special than getting to represent one's own country in something like this. 

But these aren't just ordinary Olympic Games..  Given the Covid climate we're in, given the fact Japan is experiencing (new) huge outbreaks, given the fact many are simply fed up with all the precautionary daily testing/protocols - I can see how some athletes opted out of competing. Plus, in terms of golf - many of these guys are focused on and have Ryder Cup right around the corner... I'll give them a pass, this time anyway. 

On 7/31/2021 at 7:13 PM, nobody said:

I remember that Kerry Strug vault thing.  Somehow the legend is now she vaulted with a broken ankle.  She had a twisted ankle like every basketball player in the world has had and gotten up walked on it for a few minutes, tied the shoe tighter and kept playing.  

She didn't have a broken ankle.

Apparently McKayla Maroney did (well, foot)

https://news.yahoo.com/mckayla-maroney-says-she-forced-205624361.html

3 hours ago, TimHauck said:

What was irritating about it?  It wasn’t during the anthem.  You’re offended by the letter X?

Wasn't she doing this protest during the medal ceremony, which is against Olympic rules? 

4 hours ago, TimHauck said:

Is she in the olympics representing a country and protesting that country?

1 hour ago, DonS said:

Wasn't she doing this protest during the medal ceremony, which is against Olympic rules? 

I assume you have the same disdain for US swimmer Michael Andrew who refused to wear his mask during his interview per the rules?

3 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

I assume you have the same disdain for US swimmer Michael Andrew who refused to wear his mask during his interview per the rules?

Was this a political protest on the medal stand or an interview with media?  Yeah, 100% the same.

12 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

That's an interview. Did he turn his back on the freedom the US stands for?

11 minutes ago, DonS said:

Was this a political protest on the medal stand or an interview with media?  Yeah, 100% the same.

I agree.  Not wearing a mask as required in the middle of a pandemic when you're not in your own country is much worse than making the letter X with your arms.   

31 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

I agree.  Not wearing a mask as required in the middle of a pandemic when you're not in your own country is much worse than making the letter X with your arms.   

:lol:

Does *everything* in your life revolve around covid and masks? 

1 minute ago, DonS said:

:lol:

Does *everything* in your life revolve around covid and masks? 

People who still say “in the middle of a pandemic” almost two years in can go fock themselves too. 

46 minutes ago, Utilit99 said:

That's an interview. Did he turn his back on the freedom the US stands for?

Did Saunders? It wasn't during the anthem.

You guys are funny.

Wearing a mask = but muh freedomz!

The letter X = how dare they!!

13 minutes ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

People who still say “in the middle of a pandemic” almost two years in can go fock themselves too. 

To be fair, Japan hit their high mark in daily deaths 2 months ago and is currently seeing more cases than at any point since this sh1t started.

13 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

You guys are funny.

Wearing a mask or not has absolutely nothing to do with me. Thats between him and his hosts.

Her acting like an ass hole and giving the finger to our country is a different matter. 

Just now, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

Wearing a mask or not has absolutely nothing to do with me. Thats between him and his hosts.

Her acting like an ass hole and giving the finger to our country is a different matter. 

The letter X is giving the finger to our country?  Crap, better get it out of the alphabet

6 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

The letter X is giving the finger to our country?  Crap, better get it out of the alphabet

Shut up. She did it to make the point that her country, the one she represents, is oppressive.

Fock her. I hope she falls and dies. 

46 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

You guys are funny.

What were her intentions if you so want to stand up for her?

5 minutes ago, Utilit99 said:

What were her intentions if you so want to stand up for her?

She didn't say anything specific to the country.   In fact in a different interview she talked about the whole world -

In the first interview she basically just said "shout out to the black community, the LGBT (+ maybe some other letters) community, and the depressed."  Seems like she has talked a lot about depression/suicide in particular - https://apnews.com/article/2020-tokyo-olympics-track-and-field-raven-saunders-769bc8c5816d9a228463c530ff04e1b6

1 minute ago, TimHauck said:

In the first interview she basically just said "shout out to the black community, the LGBT (+ maybe some other letters) community, and the depressed."  Seems like she has talked a lot about depression/suicide in particular - 

Sounds like a loaded statement from an uninformed idiot. 

Black people are all awesome people. LGBT+ whatever are all awesome people. Shout out to them both. :blink:

Depressed people at the olympics. Why not include heart disease, diabetics, communist run countries, etc. etc. etc......

Just focking take a medal if you won one or not. Go home and fight first in your own community and stop talking on the world stage when you can't even manage your own home. 

Idiots. 

2 minutes ago, Utilit99 said:

Sounds like a loaded statement from an uninformed idiot. 

Black people are all awesome people. LGBT+ whatever are all awesome people. Shout out to them both. :blink:

Depressed people at the olympics. Why not include heart disease, diabetics, communist run countries, etc. etc. etc......

Just focking take a medal if you won one or not. Go home and fight first in your own community and stop talking on the world stage when you can't even manage your own home. 

Idiots. 

Yeah, God forbid people talk about depression the one time in their life a lot of people might actually be listening.

Even Michael Phelps has considered suicide - https://www.nbcolympics.com/news/phelps-time-now-help-athletes-struggling-mental-health-0

2 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

Yeah, God forbid people talk about depression the one time in their life a lot of people might actually be listening.

Even Michael Phelps has considered suicide - https://www.nbcolympics.com/news/phelps-time-now-help-athletes-struggling-mental-health-0

How about people just have a bit of focking class, take their prize, thank the country that supported and trained them, and go away?

Fock everyone's platform. 

7 minutes ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

How about people just have a bit of focking class, take their prize, thank the country that supported and trained them, and go away?

Fock everyone's platform. 

It's the letter X man, get a grip.  She didn't even do it during the anthem.     At least she has a personality 

Michael Andrew, now that is probably an example of white privilege - https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/columnist/brennan/2021/07/30/michael-andrew-unvaccinated-american-olympic-swimmer-no-mask-usopc/5427095001/

5 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

It's the letter X man, get a grip.  She didn't even do it during the anthem.     At least she has a personality 

Michael Andrew, now that is probably an example of white privilege - https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/columnist/brennan/2021/07/30/michael-andrew-unvaccinated-american-olympic-swimmer-no-mask-usopc/5427095001/

Stupid. Go start in your own community and if you have any impact, get back to me later. 

Jeez.

My only problem with the X chick is I don't want to hear how oppressed you think you are by the country that sponsored your choice to spend your life doing whatever sport you won this medal.

I got bigger fish to fry than getting riled up about it though.

10 minutes ago, nobody said:

My only problem with the X chick is I don't want to hear how oppressed you think you are by the country that sponsored your choice to spend your life doing whatever sport you won this medal.

I got bigger fish to fry than getting riled up about it though.

Sure. It's just yet another low class b!tch. Seems like the majority of our team is stocked with them.

I loathe them, and feel sorry for the athletes who were actually raised properly.

The fact that using the Olympics as a platform to sh!t on your country is even remotely acceptable is anathema to me. 

15 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

So the swimmer is unvaccinated. His choice, is it not?  Who is he putting at risk, exactly, since anyone who wants a vaccine can get one?  If your answer is other unvaccinated folks then they also made the same decision and accept whatever risk that might entail. :dunno:

Oh Canada! Bye bye Rapinoe and the rest of your anti American scummy teammates. Lol. 

• Haha 1