Sign in to follow this  
edjr

**official** Olympic Games Tokyo -- 7/23/21 - 8/8/21

4 hours ago, TimHauck said:

Congrats to Tamyra Mensah-Stock!

You guys would actually like her interview too (seriously):

And that's the thing... for every one of these tvvats whining about how oppressed they are, there are an almost infinite number who would quite literally kill to take their place in America.

If the USA announced that any athlete from any country who wants it can renounce their citizenship and have US citizenship instead, there would be empty planes flying home to a lot of countries after the games.

Also, anyone noticed how it's entirely the women? Haven't heard much bullshit out of our male athletes...

5 minutes ago, Cruzer said:

Initially I didn't bash S. Biles... What she does up there is physically (extremely) dangerous. If your head/ass isn't wired right, you could paralyze yourself.....or worse. 

But FFS, to come back a couple days later, and all of the sudden be okay to compete??? Give me a break, did Moses drop from the heavens and heal you? 

Total BS move, she should of stayed out. 

She said it was because she was having trouble twisting successfully.  Her beam routine did not involve any twists (in fact she took some out lowering her potential score).

11 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

She said it was because she was having trouble twisting successfully.  Her beam routine did not involve any twists (in fact she took some out lowering her potential score).

She also made a point of saying that she came back strictly for herself.

See you next Tuesday.

Other gymnast are apparently pretty pissed off that she keeps getting all the attention while they stuck around and did their job and won.

1 minute ago, wiffleball said:

She also made a point of saying that she came back strictly for herself.

See you next Tuesday.

Other gymnast are apparently pretty pissed off that she keeps getting all the attention while they stuck around and did their job and won.

Other US gymnasts?  Link?

14 minutes ago, Gladiators said:

I’ll always remember Biles as the most overhyped gymnast in US history.

4 golds in Rio says otherwise. 

Guess she'd better rename that sequined goat from Goldie to Bronzie. 

😡

5 hours ago, TimHauck said:

Congrats to Tamyra Mensah-Stock!

You guys would actually like her interview too (seriously):

Not patriotic enough for me.  

1 minute ago, nobody said:

😡

Not patriotic enough for me.  

Well in similar fashion as the GC, it seems she is now being used as a pawn to complain about other people

I guess it's good wrestling is at least getting some attention...

55 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

I'm no gymnast, and certainly no orthopedist... But if ever an event was going to test your ankle, it's the beam - twisting or not. That thing is the width of a cell phone, all your weight is concentrated on your ankles, then on top of that - you have to dismount.

Seems if one were looking for the least amount of strain on the ankle, they would have chosen the un-even bars. 

I think competing only added to the controversy. What heat she gets she did to herself, she should have stayed out altogether. 

47 minutes ago, Cruzer said:

I'm no gymnast, and certainly no orthopedist... But if ever an event was going to test your ankle, it's the beam - twisting or not. That thing is the width of a cell phone, all your weight is concentrated on your ankles, then on top of that - you have to dismount.

Seems if one were looking for the least amount of strain on the ankle, they would have chosen the un-even bars. 

I think competing only added to the controversy. What heat she gets she did to herself, she should have stayed out altogether. 

Did she ever make any comments about her ankles?  Not sure what you mean.  She was saying when she was twisting in the air she couldn't figure out where she was.   So she did a routine that didn't involve any twists.

20 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

Did she ever make any comments about her ankles?  Not sure what you mean.  She was saying when she was twisting in the air she couldn't figure out where she was.   So she did a routine that didn't involve any twists.

At this point the story has changed so many times who the hell even knows what's going on?

They'll never dare say so, but I'd bet my left nut her teammates are pissed.

42 minutes ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

At this point the story has changed so many times who the hell even knows what's going on?

They'll never dare say so, but I'd bet my left nut her teammates are pissed.

Doubt it.   If anything the only thing they’d be upset about was her bad vault in the team competition.  I bet Jade Carey and Suni Lee aren’t pissed because they may not have individual golds if Biles was her normal self.

12 hours ago, TimHauck said:

I've heard just as much about her ankle as anything else. As Titans said, the story keeps changing. 

As far as twisting - I watched her balance beam routine. You don't use equilibrium for that? You don't need to know where you are to do handless backflips and land on a 10 cm beam? 

I was with her up till that routine, I honestly feel she opened up the door to whatever heat she gets now. 

Anyone see the American woman weightlifter when asked about thr historic event of a tranny competing......long pause...."no thank you".   

That was great.  

Who cares about the quitter. Did you see the hottie that replaced her on the vault?  :wub:

17 minutes ago, edjr said:

Who cares about the quitter. Did you see the hottie that replaced her on the vault?  :wub:

That Suni Lee does it for me, oh yea. :ninja:

19 minutes ago, Cruzer said:

That Suni Lee does it for me, oh yea. :ninja:

Suni side up

• Haha 2

19 hours ago, Cruzer said:

Women's 400m hurdle coming up....we have 3 in, would all 3. 

• Like 1

I feel like posty.  I haven't watch any of this shiot.  :(

50 minutes ago, NorthernVike said:

Welcome to the dark side...

51 minutes ago, NorthernVike said:

Just now, posty said:

Welcome to the dark side...

This is the first Olympics in my life I haven't watched a single minute. I was excited leading up to it, but our athletes sh!t all over that quickly.

I've even had a couple of Chinese folks try to talk smack to me about it. I just don't care. Congrats. 

Biological women don't have a chance against men? Go figure.... Let's just get rid of the olympics for good. I won't miss them not that liberals have overrun this country. 

Olympics double down on wokeness, eliminate long standing event in name of gender equity

The sport consists of race-walking your way to victory over a 50 km (~31 miles) stretch, which is much more grueling than it sounds.

Introduced as an Olympic sport in 1932, the event will make its final appearance at the Games this year — at least, in its original format — after officials deemed the competition unfair because these same officials haven’t created a women’s version of the same competition.

According to the report from News.com.au, "The Olympic committee has decided the race does not fit with its stated mission of gender equality. It is the only event on the Olympic program that has no approximate equivalent for women. Rather than add a women’s race, they will bring in an unspecified mixed-team race walking event."

They came, they saw and they sashayed their way into your hearts. Not anymore. These Olympic athletes will no longer be able to participate in their sport because biological women don’t have a chance … something that the Olympics committee has certainly overlooked in recent memory.

Anyone watch the 10M diving last night. 14 year old Chinese girl was unbelievable.  2nd place girl scored a total of two 10's, and other than first place, those were the only one's awarded.  The winner got twenty-six 10's!  It was crazy...and if the Olympics had been held as scheduled last year, she wouldn't have been old enough to qualify.  

2 minutes ago, Mike Honcho said:

Anyone watch the 10M diving last night. 14 year old Chinese girl was unbelievable.  2nd place girl scored a total of two 10's, and other than first place, those were the only one's awarded.  The winner got twenty-six 10's!  It was crazy...and if the Olympics had been held as scheduled last year, she wouldn't have been old enough to qualify.  

Came here to mention this. I do like diving and I was flipping around and saw her.  Man that was impressive.  I dont know much about scoring that stuff except no splash and she barely moved the water.  Was quite impressive 

26 minutes ago, Mike Honcho said:

Damnit, hadn’t watched yet and wasn’t expecting anyone else to post about wrestling in here.  Gold for David Taylor as well.

Just hope Steveson comes back to college wrestling.  Supposedly he wants to go to the WWE

In case anyone needs a transcript of the color commentary during the winning moments.

Fake Snap  Fake Snap  Fake Snap  Fake Snap  Fake Snap  Fake Snap  Fake Snap

Go Get it Go Get it Go Get it Go Get it Go Get it 

16 hours ago, Mike Honcho said:

It's either that or working in the apple factory. Which would you choose?

17 hours ago, TimHauck said:

Damnit, hadn’t watched yet and wasn’t expecting anyone else to post about wrestling in here.  Gold for David Taylor as well.

Just hope Steveson comes back to college wrestling.  Supposedly he wants to go to the WWE

Sorry man, got caught up in the moment, never thought about spoilers.